Server time (UTC): 2021-08-01 04:40

PLIKT -- O-Squad Patrol -
TODAY | 2021-08-01 19:00:00 (server time) | Starts in 14 hours, 19 minutes | Nyheim City

S1: Potential Griefing - 09/03/2021 21:24

Server and location: S1 (Cheranrus, Radio Zenit) 

Approximate time and date of the incident (SERVER TIME): 21:15 09/03/2021

Your in game name: Casimir Sofka

Names of allies involved: N/A

Name of suspect/s: N/A

Friendly/Enemy vehicles involved (if any): Radio Zenit's White Ada

Additional evidence? (video/screenshot): 

511826752_Evidence2.png.feada7fd90dde9a789fcfd68e91fa73e.png

Detailed description of the events: 

I logged in after deciding to finish up some building around Radio Zenit and thought about collecting some industrial loot whilst using the car (as seen above). As I walk over to the car, I notice that the front tier has been destoryed and the engine is now in a damaged state. I don't believe we have a replacement wheel etc (If that even matters). I walked around to see if anyone was about but no such luck. Afterwards, I had logged to post this report. 

[I will admit, i'm coming into this a little unsure, as to whether this is worth an actual report or not? I just logically thought that there would be no RP reason as to why, someone would cap a car wheel that's just minding it's own business. Then again, ya boi ain't from the hood] 

Edited by Flynt
  • Sapphire
Posted (edited)

Hey, yes this was me. Did not really mean to destroy the tire, no excuse really. I will take the ban, sorry! 

RP reason was that if I cannot have it no one can so, this report should be on your side... Sorry again homie

Edited by Hanro
  • Game Master
35 minutes ago, Hanro said:

Hey, yes this was me. Did not really mean to destroy the tire, no excuse really. I will take the ban, sorry! 

RP reason was that if I cannot have it no one can so, this report should be on your side... Sorry again homie

Can you just run by me what you mean when you said you did not really mean to destroy the tire? You then go on to say you did so for an RP reason.

• Sapphire
Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, Rover said:

Can you just run by me what you mean when you said you did not really mean to destroy the tire? You then go on to say you did so for an RP reason.

I shot at it, didnt think it would break, seen ruined tires before that were still driveable. As long as you didnt remove them

Edited by Hanro
  • Game Master

Connection logs

Spoiler

16:52:26 | Player "Salek ibn Ashir" is connected
18:39:50 | Player "Salek ibn Ashir" has been disconnected

20:57:03 | Player "Casimir Sofka" is connected
21:14:08 | Player "Casimir Sofka" has been disconnected

Position logs

Spoiler

17:29:18 | Player "Salek ibn Ashir" (pos=<7932.6, 8867.0, 439.9>) 
17:34:17 | Player "Salek ibn Ashir" (pos=<8068.3, 9393, 451.8>) 
17:39:17 | Player "Salek ibn Ashir" (pos=<9220.8, 9757.3, 312.1>)

21:01:14 | Player "Casimir Sofka" (pos=<8077.2, 9305.7, 459.2>) 
21:06:14 | Player "Casimir Sofka" (pos=<8090.3, 9329.7, 459.9>) 
21:11:13 | Player "Casimir Sofka" (pos=<8071.0, 9300.7, 458.8>) 

Calling in the following people for their full and detailed POVs and any unedited video evidence they may have

@Flynt | Casimir Sofka | OP

@Hanro | Salek ibn Ashir | Posted

Posted (edited)

I don't have any video evidence I'm afraid, I can only provide my own POV via text. 

I logged in as seen at 20:57, so I could finish off some building bits around Radio Zenit. I wandered around looking for some tools that had unfortunately been taken and I noticed that, I was also running low on nails. 

I decided that I'll take the car for a drive down to Polana and then Berizino to see if I could find any tools, scrap planks and/or nails that I could scavenge. However, upon reaching the car I noticed the tyre had been shot out. With no other damage evident to the vehicle. 

I sat there for a moment or two thinking about I could still be bothered to walk all the way there, I decided I could not be bothered and logged off. As seen in the connection logs. 

Edited by Flynt
  • Game Master

Summary
Flynt wanted to start building some new constructions around Zenit Radio station and decided that he wanted to go out to an industrial area to find more supplies. Before Flynt had logged in, Hanro had visited Radio Zenit and decided to shoot some bullets in the wheels of the parked white Ada. The only IC reason he had was ''If I cannot have it no one can so''. After shooting up the car Hanro leaves the radio station again. Later Flynt logs in and finds the car with the broken tire and the damaged motor when he wants to leave with it towards Polana.

Evidence
Logs provided above show that Hanro was at the exact location of the incident. Hanro admits to have shot up the car and Flynt provided the following screenshot, where the destroyed tire can be seen:

Spoiler

image.png.5dbd352ef1df1381b66f9c095960755f.png

Verdict
In Hanro's POV he admits to be the person who shot the tires down of the car. The logs also show him being around the area at the time of the incident. Thinking that shooting at the tires of the car would not break them is no excuse for what was done. The act of damaging or destroying a vehicle with ill intent or without valid IC reasoning is plain griefing. Destroying something because you can not have it is the same thing as despawning something so they can not have it. Behaviour like that is something that we do not want to see around on the server and is one of the reasons why we have a griefing rule in place.

Griefing rule:

4.8 - Griefing is act of damaging, destroying, blocking or otherwise despawning a player built structure, vehicle, storage container or their contents with ill intent or without valid IC reasoning.

Outcome

@Hanro | Griefing | GUILTY - 5 day ban, 10 warning points

Signed: @Basko, @Dingle and @Rover.

• Basko locked this topic