Server time (UTC): 2021-08-01 04:30

PLIKT -- O-Squad Patrol -
TODAY | 2021-08-01 19:00:00 (server time) | Starts in 14 hours, 29 minutes | Nyheim City

Tips and tricks for newcomers to the server

I was originally going to make this post for me to tell the newcomers things I think would help them in the server whether it be survival wise, looting wise or even roleplaying tips so that they can enjoy themselves on the server more.

But now I think that we all should give a tip/trick or 2 to help them on their way.

I'll go first:

1. If you ever want to find people to practice roleplaying with to get in the grove of it. There are 2 safe cities that have nice people in it. When in game just ask somebody you meet, "Do you know of any safe communities nearby?"

2. When looting don't be picky. On this server sometimes you wont find decent things and you are left with some crappy tools. You just need something to help you through till you get better stuff.

Also if you ever can't find somebody and need somebody to talk to or need help direction wise, hop in newcomers vc or looking for group and somebody will join to help you. whether it be me, one of my friends or staff or another player wanting to help out.

• Diamond

What a great thread idea! 😄 Thanks for starting it off ^^

I'll try think of a few 😄

1. If you have a cooking pot and you need to clean water but you have no chlorine tabs, I think you can cook/steam the water and clean it that way
  2. When you get a water bottle, always tip all the water out and clean it before re-using it otherwise you might get ill. ( Also if you get sick, change your water bottle )
  3. If you want to keep warmer, get some tomato's and cook them and then place them inside your clothes because they only take up 1 slot.
  4. When looking around villages for loot, I always try leave the doors open of the houses I have checked to try stop me re-circling around the same way
2 minutes ago, DrLettuce said:

What a great thread idea! 😄 Thanks for starting it off ^^

I'll try think of a few 😄

1. If you have a cooking pot and you need to clean water but you have no chlorine tabs, I think you can cook/steam the water and clean it that way
  2. When you get a water bottle, always tip all the water out and clean it before re-using it otherwise you might get ill. ( Also if you get sick, change your water bottle )
  3. If you want to keep warmer, get some tomato's and cook them and then place them inside your clothes because they only take up 1 slot.
  4. When looking around villages for loot, I always try leave the doors open of the houses I have checked to try stop me re-circling around the same way

Yes cooking water in a pot on a stove can clean the water. If you want to do it over a fire you need a tripod.

• Sapphire

Personally I’d also always have a knife handy......it helps when you need to skin animals and stuff plus it’s always a good final resort melee weapon 

Knife is ultimate survival tool. It can give you food, can give you fire, can give you even shelter. I always carry two, plus if I see stone knife I pick for like basic work. 

I put bandage/rag on hotbar for quick reach. 

Dry your food at the fire places, don't cook. Dried food lasts loooong time. Some houses have fireplace (not the tiny metal box). Put meat on smoking, that will dry it out. Nutritious and good for travel.

• Sapphire

also always carry a saline bag once you find one because they can be the difference between life and death

I would say that if someone holds you up, it's always more interesting if you comply. Remember, most people are not supposed to do so for the sake of loot, so in my experience, the majority of the time there is always some interesting roleplay to be had from hostilities- especially if it comes from an experienced/considerate player. After you get the hang of hostile roleplay, then you should consider things like being non-compliant/fighting back. Yes, it feels nice to kill someone who initiated on you, but you might have just missed out on some interesting character development/motivation. Even if bloodshed seems to be the only option, sometimes it is fun to do your best to avoid it.

If you are nomadic and running solo, consider looking at some of the groups on the forums/learning about them ICly, and see if any would be an interesting fit for your character. I found that I was willing to invest far more time into RPing with my group once I found one that felt like a nice fit. I would also say never feel like you need to "pk" or make a new character for the sole purpose of joining a group- I think it is more interesting if you can find a way to work it into your current character's motivations. For example: why do you think your person wants to join the Narodniks/CLF/Lost Highway/ect? Sometimes it is more interesting to try and fit your current character into a group instead of making "Commie McAnarchist" just to have a better fit.

EDIT: I just remembered something. When you spawn, look around you for a ton of stone knives. Grab as many as you can- they kill zombies in about 4-6 hits, not great but still better than nothing. You want a ton because they wear out easily, and because your only option to find food might be from infected loot drops. If you do not have a regular knife, consider keeping at least one stone knife on you to open cans- I once died from starvation with 5 cans of food on me.

Edited by InvalidCat
  • Sapphire

Another one I have is only kill infected as a last resort because of your using a melee weapon and it’s already damaged I would try save this for a time you really need it and if you have a gun well you save the bullets because they are like gold depending on the caliber 

7 hours ago, Joshxald said:

Another one I have is only kill infected as a last resort because of your using a melee weapon and it’s already damaged I would try save this for a time you really need it and if you have a gun well you save the bullets because they are like gold depending on the caliber 

Adding onto this. The caliber thing. NEVER USE .22! IT WILL GET YOU KILLED!

• Sapphire
6 minutes ago, FallenAngel said:

Adding onto this. The caliber thing. NEVER USE .22! IT WILL GET YOU KILLED!

True! I used to use a 22lr integrated suppressor thing and it would take 2 head shots to kill infected nearly killed me 

Just now, Joshxald said:

True! I used to use a 22lr integrated suppressor thing and it would take 2 head shots to kill infected nearly killed me 

Exactly. Takes 5 headshots with it to kill a player.

You can save yourself from hypothermia by wringing out your clothes after rain. (Put clothes into your hand and then it will allow you to wring it. Not all though) And then sprinting a bunch after to heat yourself up. Avoid shadows then as well, run in sun.