Server time (UTC): 2021-08-01 03:46

PLIKT -- O-Squad Patrol -
TODAY | 2021-08-01 19:00:00 (server time) | Starts in 15 hours, 13 minutes | Nyheim City

Events!

Aron73

Event notifications  

56 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• VIP

Hi all! I noticed there seem to be many people not knowing about events, including myself, who are looking forward to every single one of them.
So I will come with three suggestions here in a poll, and plz feel free to post anything additional suggestions you might have.

• Diamond

The more, the better. Having a small part of the main page where  upcoming event is shown would be great. It could be connected to the calendar.  The more, the better. 

• Lore Master

This is why streaming events did wonders.

• Head Admin

I voted all options. In addition to this I'd like to see them streamed again like @Stagsview did.

• VIP
12 minutes ago, Hofer said:

I voted all options. In addition to this I'd like to see them streamed again like @Stagsview did.

I would gladly stream any event if I just heard about them and could plan some basic stuff like not being on the other side of the map and having some gear if it is combat-oriented.

• MVP

I too voted for all the options above. The more exposure an event gets the better imo. Shit, shoot me an email as well 😉 .

• Titanium

Voted all as well. Mainly just glad to see some sort of announcement option. In theory should make attendance more consistent. 

• Diamond

If you want them streamed then you need someone who can stream and make sure they know they’re allowed to stream.

I would have but no one ever answered me when I asked, and I was under the impression you needed Rolands/Admins permission to do so.

As for announcing them, the big ones that weren’t spur of the moment were usually announced.  For instance:  the POV bus event in November, Angel-2 in January, etc.

and Pepsi’s got the forum page for the event he’s been doing since the beginning of February.  

I do think that more of what @Pepsi’s been doing should be announced.  Because being on the other side now, the only time I hear anything is after it’s happened and it’s usually only because the people I’m in VC with hear it directly from him and now some announcement on the website.  

• Lore Master

I ended up voting for all of the above. The more avenues of alerting people of an event, the better. One source is easy to miss, and I know I'm oblivious, so I'd honestly love to have the site scream at me in like 10 different avenues to show me there's something going on. Perhaps ways to opt out for those that have no interest in participating, though.

• Diamond

I can't remember if I'm imagining this but I'm certain some events a few months ago used to appear on a big red banner on the home page of the website telling you when they were starting, is this something that can be done still if it was ever done and I'm not imagining it?

• Lore Master

Pretty sure events still appear as a big red banner as @DrCor mentioned, but I don't mind it being seen everywhere else too.

This is something I'll need a go from the big boss man too, but I wouldn't mind streaming future events, whether they be small or big.

• VIP
Posted (edited)

About streaming: As far as I know, anyone is completely allowed to stream anything on DayZRP the only rule is for Admin, LM GM and other people that have access to in-game tools that shows peoples locations on the map, they need @Roland's permission to stream and have their own set of rules.

9 minutes ago, Duke said:

Pretty sure events still appear as a big red banner as @DrCor mentioned, but I don't mind it being seen everywhere else too.

This is something I'll need a go from the big boss man too, but I wouldn't mind streaming future events, whether they be small or big.

I have not seen that banner sience lore wipe event

Edited by Aron73
  • Lore Master

Streaming tools wise. Only hofer and myself where given permission

• Diamond
1 hour ago, DrCor said:

I can't remember if I'm imagining this but I'm certain some events a few months ago used to appear on a big red banner on the home page of the website telling you when they were starting, is this something that can be done still if it was ever done and I'm not imagining it?

There’s been a few banners, red or otherwise.  And Pepsi’s had both of his events on the home page with a custom banner.

• VIP

So to end this topic. Here are what people in the comunity wish to see when it come to events @Roland

• Owner

Anyone can create the overhead bar for an event if they follow this pinned guide:

I'll remind LMs to use that for larger scheduled events.

• Sapphire

Personally I’d say put them everywhere because not everyone dives into the calendar or the discord server and some people only go on the home page so it’d  be good to have them in most places