Server time (UTC): 2021-07-31 05:01

Lore Event - "The Scientists"
TODAY | 2021-07-31 19:00:00 (server time) | Starts in 13 hours, 58 minutes | Nyheim City

S1: Griefing in Radio Zenit: 8/2/2021, 03:08

Server and location: Chernarus, Radio Zenit

Approximate time and date of the incident (SERVER TIME): 03:03 3/8/2021

Your in game name: Samuel Matthews

Names of allies involved: N/A

Name of suspect/s: N/A

Friendly/Enemy vehicles involved (if any): N/A

Additional evidence? (video/screenshot): Pics

Detailed description of the events: I logged on in the wake of attending to OOC matters in the aftermath of my radio broadcast to which my lockers had been stolen and the gear it held was spewed on the ground. I surveyed location and there was nothing to be seen. I logged to make this report in a haste. (Apologies for the lack of formatting in the beginning.) I do not entirely have any follow-up info.

20210307220817_1.jpg

20210307220737_1.jpg

Edited by ContheTank
  • Administrator

CONNECTION LOGS

Spoiler
02:30:08 | Player "Thomas Neill Cream" is connected
-STILL CONNECTED-

03:06:29 | Player "Samuel Matthews" is connected
-STILL CONNECTED-

POSITION LOGS

Spoiler
02:33:31 | Player "Thomas Neill Cream" (pos=<8183.2, 9027.4, 471.7>)
02:38:30 | Player "Thomas Neill Cream" (pos=<8077.0, 9306.3, 459.2>)

03:08:24 | Player "Samuel Matthews" (pos=<8078.2, 9305.6, 459.2>)

Calling in the following people for their full and detailed POVs and any unedited video evidence they may have

@ContheTank | Samuel Matthews - OP
@Drake880 | Thomas Neill Cream - Posted

I arrived at the radio station and saw he had a 4 door gun locker, I decided to grab it. I moved everything I could out of the 4 door locker and into his one door locker. I don't have any video's. 

I didn't think a damaged ump and a few bags would be griefing |A griefer or bad faith player is a player in a multiplayer video game who deliberately irritates and harasses other players within the game, using aspects of the game in unintended ways.| 

I didn't mean any harm by dropping that gear, I honestly didn't know dropping any gear was griefing. 

Edited by Drake880
  • Administrator
1 minute ago, Drake880 said:

I don't have any video's but I put everything I could inside your other locker and shelf. 

Thank you for your reply, but we still require a full and detailed POV of the events which took place here.

Posted (edited)

I hope this solves any misconception of my report. The roleplay aspect of cleaning weapons is a hobby of the military characters in my dynamic group, shortwave radios are a roleplay aspect of my radio station and bags are genuinely useful to most everyone looking to go out on a scavenging run around my radio station. The building itself is not locked, the armory usually is with a lockpick. The walls behind are fortified and to my knowledge there is a car, caravan, barbed wire, toolshed and various other roleplay items about the station. 

Edited by ContheTank
As of the time I make this comment*
  • Administrator

@ContheTank 

How much storage space was left within the storage containers in your base after the raid?

Posted (edited)

The caravan, storage shed, and tool shed could've easily fit the remains and did after I luckily checked the bits.

Edited by ContheTank
Added period
  • Sapphire

Verdict

@Drake880 - Griefing - NOT GUILTY

Summary

@Drake880 arrived at the radio station and saw some storage containers there weren't locked up behind any gates, took his chance and looted the storage, grabbing a locker in the process. In doing so, Drake880 emptied the storage container and moved what he could to a nearby smaller locker, although leaving a few backpacks, a radio and a scope on the ground. He left shortly thereafter.

Reasoning

Griefing - The staff team has, after reviewing this report, decided that the items dropped on the floor in this instance, does not constitute griefing. Item griefing typically refers to destroying, liquidating or despawning items in a disproportionate manner, without IC reasoning, or with ill intent. It is of the staff team's observation that none of these points were met, and thus the actions of the accused are not worthy of a reprimand. Simply put, the accused attempted to save all of the gear he could, while his reasoning behind leaving the gear on the floor was to grab a military locker for himself. It does not appear to be with ill intent, or with the intention of purposefully damaging or removing gear from the OP. The two backpacks that were dropped, were under a persistence timer, while the radio and the scope were the only items that were at any immediate risk of despawning. The UMP was contained inside one of the two backpacks on the ground. In this case, the potential loss of value from the dropped items are far from any act of griefing.

Additional notes

@Drake880 - As you explained in your PoV, you were not fully aware that dropping items on the ground in the act of stealing or base raiding, could in some scenarios result in violation of the griefing rule. When removing items from another player's storage, in order to claim said storage, it is important to try to save as much gear as possible, if you are not intending on stealing it. As you admitted yourself, you were aware that there was more storage available in sheds and cravans around the area, that you could have used to save the rest of the gear. You did in this instance save as much as you could, by shoving some in a nearby locker, and we believe that you have some understanding of the rule. For the future, be careful when raiding bases and grabbing gear, and do your best to save everything that you can, as to avoid a future report for the same issue.

Outcome

@Drake880 - Griefing - Not guilty, no action taken.

Signed: @Dingle, @Duplessis & @Realize