Server time (UTC): 2021-07-31 05:10

Lore Event - "The Scientists"
TODAY | 2021-07-31 19:00:00 (server time) | Starts in 13 hours, 49 minutes | Nyheim City

Bring back hourly reward?

I would really like to see this come back because a lot of people don't have the money to spend on things like this and it gives people incentive to play to the server. I would enjoy to see this come back and I bet others do too, if you don't want to bring it back that is fine. I at least think we should know why it was removed.

• Diamond

Shiit if I knew I had to get paid to play here @Roland would owe me 1k +.

• MVP
16 minutes ago, FallenAngel said:

I at least think we should know why it was removed.

It says in the thread it was removed because it simply didnt really work as intended.

• Emerald
8 minutes ago, FallenAngel said:

Where is this thread?

Rolle crunched the numbers and it turned out that it just wasn't encouraging folks to play more, or encouraging players who had taken a break to come back and play again. While it was nice to earn some credits and pick up a few pieces of my outfit just for playing, I understand that if it wasn't enticing folks to play, that they couldn't just keep throwing "free" money at at players. While it was "free" for us, it might very well be money lost for the server, as players might have spent actual money on it had they not earned the "free" money just by playing, and even a fraction of 2426€ is quite a bit of lost revenue. That said, I wouldn't complain if the program came back in some form or another, if they can find a way for it to make sense both for server funding and for the players earning the rewards. 

5 minutes ago, K2U said:

Rolle crunched the numbers and it turned out that it just wasn't encouraging folks to play more, or encouraging players who had taken a break to come back and play again. While it was nice to earn some credits and pick up a few pieces of my outfit just for playing, I understand that if it wasn't enticing folks to play, that they couldn't just keep throwing "free" money at at players. While it was "free" for us, it might very well be money lost for the server, as players might have spent actual money on it had they not earned the "free" money just by playing, and even a fraction of 2426€ is quite a bit of lost revenue. That said, I wouldn't complain if the program came back in some form or another, if they can find a way for it to make sense both for server funding and for the players earning the rewards. 

Thank you for explaining it to me. I would still like it to return but tweaked to where they wouldn't lose money and it is almost not worth trying but it still exists.

Perhaps we can implement a system where when you reach a certain time played, say like 40 Hours for example, you get a random draw on items from the item shop. This would remove the money aspect and simply give players a special surprise item for playing a certain amount of time. Obviously this could be tweaked and Rolly can decide how long someone has to play before they earn a draw, or even better, it could not be random at all and after a player has achieved their hours played goal, they can choose any item they want from the shop. As for Premium Ranks, I don't know if this idea would be good for it, maybe a free rank upgrade for every 1000 hours played on the server? Just an idea, but I think it's a very good one.

7 hours ago, GunterThePenguin said:

Perhaps we can implement a system where when you reach a certain time played, say like 40 Hours for example, you get a random draw on items from the item shop. This would remove the money aspect and simply give players a special surprise item for playing a certain amount of time. Obviously this could be tweaked and Rolly can decide how long someone has to play before they earn a draw, or even better, it could not be random at all and after a player has achieved their hours played goal, they can choose any item they want from the shop. As for Premium Ranks, I don't know if this idea would be good for it, maybe a free rank upgrade for every 1000 hours played on the server? Just an idea, but I think it's a very good one.

I like the first idea but the last one? that would be a no for me.

• Diamond

@GunterThePenguin I actually like where your going with that idea. I think playing for a certain amount of time should get you a random draw from the Item Shop. Not sure how this idea would be implemented but it sounds like a good concept

• Diamond

The point of it was to draw in more people playing. I agree with Roland that the reward system didn’t really help as an incentive to start playing more. I could see how you’d think it would work that way but it just didn’t. 

What we need is some IC reasons to play, not OOC. Good roleplay storylines are what help people play more, not rewarding people with clothes to spawn in.

On 3/5/2021 at 1:05 AM, GunterThePenguin said:

This sounds really good and I feel like it would help extremely in bringing back old players and could replace the old system.

• Sapphire

i say what they could do is like every hour you get a virtual currency and after a couple of hundred hours you can buy some cool stuff.............it balances it out instead of it being overpowered

L O O T B O X E S? Just kidding! I love incentivizers, but I don't really know if there is anything that can be done to help push the server. I would say rubels, but thats not RP friendly. Overall, I think I have to agree with @GunterThePenguin 's idea.

I just thought of something for this. Each item has a price right? So what if each dollar of the equals 10 hours? So a item being 5 requires 50 hours of game time to acquire. Brings people into the server, you don't lose money, and you can still have them to be able to be purchased for the people who don't like to grind and will just buy the item.

What do y'all think? 

I still think @GunterThePenguin's idea is better. But this could work too.

• Titanium

Personally I wasn't around for this credit system. That being said, the only reason it should be brought back would be for a Christmas/holiday type event. Many games I have experienced give "special" in game items that they earn from participating in events, in game, around Christmas. I'm also not really a fan of lootboxes or really any reward for reaching a certain play time. The only way I could see giving rewards for play time would be reaching the consecutive days played achievements, but even then maybe just a cool t-shirt design or something simple.. 

As a new idea, I think that there could definitely be custom "variants" for clothing items that are distributed at future events hosted by LMs that only players in attendance are able to claim from their inventory on the website. To me this would promote 'important' attendance to staff hosted events for all those interested in exclusive fashion on this game.