Server time (UTC): 2021-08-06 03:55

Dynamic Events - Contracts / Mutants
TODAY | 2021-08-06 19:00:00 (server time) | Starts in 15 hours, 4 minutes | Nyheim City

Unnecessary Post Appeal

• Sapphire
Posted (edited)

Link to the source of punishment (report/post): 

Why the verdict is not fair: I simply replied with the name of the gun that is my favorite, answering the thread. It was in no way an unnecessary/off-topic or meme post. Other people did the same, stating "pkp" or "VZ Model58 and Benelli M4" and they recieved no points so why do I?

Additional statements/comments explaining your point of view: I was just trying to answer the guys thread and I get hit with points, kinda lame to be honest. 

What would you like to achieve with this appeal: I want to understand why I got points for answering the thread as well as the points removed. 

What could you have done better?: Named more guns I like? Said "i like the" before "fal"? The thread didn't ask "What is your favorite weapon and tell us WHY?" so I did not feel I needed to add more to my post. 

Edited by Colt
  • Administrator

Greetings @Colt,

A separate portion of the staff team has reviewed your appeal and decided to ACCEPT IT.

We have opted to accept your appeal as it technically does reply to the overall topic of the thread. You were asked which weapon is your favourite and you responded simply with "fal." We see your intention with this post and that it did in fact add on to the thread by being a response to the OP's question. All we caution in future is that you write more than one-word answers.

With the above said,
Appeal accepted - warning points removed.

Signed by @Duplessis and @Realize

• Community Manager

Season 1 Episode 10 GIF by Showtime

I apologize for the inconvenience but this isn't right. Your post was a clear breach of rule 1.5:

1.5 Do not reply to old threads with no new relevant information (also known as "necro"). The general rule is that all threads with last reply older than 3 months should not be replied to unless one responds with new, relevant information. Forum posts must keep a high standard and add a constructive and meaningful opinion that contributes to the thread at hand. Examples of non-constructive and non-contributing replies are simple and meaningless expressions like "lol", jokes, memes, banter or replies containing only pictures, gifs or other unrelated media. Off topic forums and status updates are the only areas on the website exempt from this rule.

Your post was not constructive. It was literally one word.

Decision overturned. Appeal denied.

@Hofer