Server time (UTC): 2021-08-03 11:59

Dynamic Events: "The Mutated.."
TODAY | 2021-08-03 19:00:00 (server time) | Starts in 7 hours | Nyheim City

AOGM Appeal - JasonBR

JasonBR

• Diamond
Posted (edited)

Link to the source of punishment (report/post):

Why the verdict is not fair: I believe that the AOGM attachment is invalid for several reasons. 

Additional statements/comments explaining your point of view: As seen here 17:12:39 | Player "Oleg Rickev" is connected 17:12:39 | Player "Drew Williams" is connected" Both I and the OP were connected at the same time. Additionally, as seen in the video, I had the time to initiate multiple times. In my eyes, I would assume (since we connected at the exact same time) he was aware that he was being initiated on. Additionally as seen in the video, the OP turned to me with his weapon out. I had no clue the OP would have been tabbed out, and assuming as such, I chose to value my life and deal with him as a threat, considering I had initiated multiple times, we connected at the same time, and he turned to me with a weapon out.  Position logs (may) additionally show that I had not moved from where I had logged out the day before and if possible (I recognize this may not be) I would like the position logs from the day prior to the raid be pulled to illustrate that I had logged out in the room that the OP had been disconnected from the restart. I logged out on the sleeping bag I placed before logging out. Furthermore, I was not intentionally timing the defense with the restart. When I heard we were being raided, I tried to get in as quick as possible and was stopped from connecting due to the restart. Though not shown in logs, I attempted to connect twice while the server was down from the restart. The only reason I initiated on the OP multiple times was because I wanted to ensure he could hear it. 

What would you like to achieve with this appeal: AOGM Verdict remove along with the associated points and duration of ban removed.

What could you have done better?: Potentially give the OP additional initiations in order to ensure he was not tabbed out and was aware that he was being initiated on.

Edited by JasonBR
  • Administrator

Greetings there @JasonBR,

A portion of the staff team has taken a look over your appeal and came to the conclusion to DENY IT. In your own POV, you state that you were logging and and that you even knew that a restart was happening before your log. That means you knew the raiders would be relogging into the server with your join. Because of this restart you and one of the raiders who had a gun out because they were assaulting the base were right next to each other and due to your PC being more powerful than the other you managed to get in first and initiate on a person you saw not to be an ally. As seen in the video from your victim, they had no idea you were even there and turned to merely react to the voice. Just because a person has a gun in their hands, especially when they had it during a restart, and they turn to you doesn't make your life in danger. There's no sign in the video of their gun being pulled up to fire or anything, just a simple turn. You took it on yourself to shoot them during that turn which even if they weren't tabbed out there still wasn't enough time for the victim to react or comply to. You loaded in first with knowledge of a restart and initiated on someone you noticed not to be an ally.

With that being said,
APPEAL DENIED

Signed by: @Inferno & @Basko