Server time (UTC): 2021-08-03 20:09

Dynamic Events: "The Mutated.."
ONGOING | 2021-08-03 19:00:00 (server time) | Ends in 20 minutes | Nyheim City

What should the TT-33 and PPSh-41 Fire?

Crimson

What should these weapons fire?  

75 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Diamond

I have spoken extensively with @Roland and he has said that the weapons must use vanilla cartridge. This is to prevent a pollution of the loot table. We can NOT create the original round used by these weapons. So no 7.62x25. I am leaving the cartridge choice up to you since, as of the time of writing this, pistol cartridges are very weak. Also, there will be a drum mag made for the PPSh-41 but it will NOT be in the Trader. You will need to find them. This was also mandated by Roland. I have chosen to select a sort of custom officer's grip for the TT-33 to give it some flare. So vote away! If a decision is not made, the default choice will be 9mm. A lot of these weapons were reconfigured for 9mm. Especially for the civilian market. 

SUBGUNS_ppsh-41.jpg.b0dd29f3c4d1ea2d662af3950ac64e65.jpg

9h4gEOwSmZh5Gr4gVPSkgIFBuWw5-tK0t-qKYymc9cM.jpg.317bc4ca6fa2abff888aeb75c8745db6.jpg

• Sapphire

.380 for the ppsh

9mm for the pistol

• Emerald
9 minutes ago, Dom said:

.380 for the ppsh

9mm for the pistol

yes

• Diamond
Posted (edited)

.308 for the PPSH, 7.62x54 for the TT. Definitely nothing wrong with that at all.

Edited by JasonBR
  • Sapphire

What about 9x39 armor piercing for both?

If not, then I'd 100% agree with 45 acp

• Emerald
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, GhostyAlt said:

9x39 AP would be absolutely broken on both them and makes absolutely no sense whatsoever for a pistol and WW2 SMG to have

Edited by UwU Monke
  • Administrator
1 hour ago, GhostyAlt said:

9x39 and 9x39 AP are both subsonic rifle rounds. They are both about the same size as a 7.62x39 bullet. Let alone being overpowered, they wouldn't even fit in those guns. 

9mm at least has some precedent for the TT. But .45 ACP has more accurate damage. I'm fine with either.

The Tokorev round that both of those guns use is a "hot round", in other words, highly gassed rounds that are much more powerful than the round it was based on. Essentially, the cartridge has 9mm ballistics but .45 stopping power (roughly). We have a glut of weapons that use 9mm, so a few extra .45 would be welcome and also powerful. 

I voted .45, as this makes the most sense. 

• MVP

I think our lovely Misho is more than qualified to make this decision on his own, to my knowledge he’s chosen the ammunition for his guns thus far

• Sapphire

i would say 9mm for the tt and then 380 for the ppsh because its a small round

@PATRIOT

Why use such an abhorrent TT-33 image for a TT-33. Do you need mine for photo reference?

Jokes aside, (Tho I would love to have my TT modeled) I'm torn between which round fits the toke better, but because its a Russian copy of the 1911, it I think It should shoot .45 acp.

• Diamond
Just now, TaniksBR said:

@PATRIOT

Why use such an abhorrent TT-33 image for a TT-33. Do you need mine for photo reference?

Jokes aside, (Tho I would love to have my TT modeled) I'm torn between which round fits the toke better, but because its a Russian copy of the 1911, it I think It should shoot .45 acp.

If you have a pic of yours, show it to us. And that's the issue, I want it to be used because the 9mm in this game is just pathetic. 

14 minutes ago, PATRIOT said:

If you have a pic of yours, show it to us. And that's the issue, I want it to be used because the 9mm in this game is just pathetic. 

Oh yes
Mine is a yugo tt, the M57, which is a carbon copy except I get one more round (9+1 instead of 8+1)

Fits the game better as its similar to the Yugo SKS in the game (As the SKS is actually a Yugo PAP M59/66, which I also own)

Here's an image dump (Mr model man can ask for more if need be)

image.png.3a510f214802a26e389a2cbe9672bd8b.png

image.png.62e68f84a9055b62f60bd954b8147842.png

image.png.0594a55154926cef30c0216c581ae035.png

image.png.42a4dcbcd7d1afcbdc5d196e5371a124.png

image.png.4fa39525b29f73f3df970ddb1ec93faf.png

image.png.08545bf71b888947442db4cc1c27e458.png

Also that walnut grip is a third party American addon, not something made in the soviet union

also half you guys dont know shit about ammo

1. 9x39 is a rifle round. 7.62x25 is a pistol round (And way smaller) @GhostyAlt

2. Different loads of 7.62x25 can be hot, some are not. @Taffinator

3. They shoot the same round, so its stupid to have one shoot .380 and one shoot 9mm. They shot the same round for a reason 

Edited by TaniksBR

I'm both impressed by the pictures Taniks posted and the multitude of people missing the jokes in this thread. Realistically, as the short cartridge is not available, pick the next best short cartridge: .380 or 9mm parabellum. I don't think arguments of "but those bullets suck in DayZ" are any good in this when the same people also want it to be realistic. There's a reason why the PPSh and the TT-33 were phased out, they shouldn't be 'good' they should just be average.

• MVP
1 hour ago, TaniksBR said:

also half you guys dont know shit about ammo

ExWYfEEl.jpg.c3bac936c10002395a6b8c84e7958f40.jpg We get it, you know stuff about guns. Be nice pretty please

Guns should shoot .45acp since we have enough 9mm. But again, Misho should decide

• Diamond
Posted (edited)
28 minutes ago, Whitename said:

ExWYfEEl.jpg.c3bac936c10002395a6b8c84e7958f40.jpg We get it, you know stuff about guns. Be nice pretty please

Guns should shoot .45acp since we have enough 9mm. But again, Misho should decide

I'm paying for the commission. I decide and I will select what the community desires. 

Edited by PATRIOT
  • Owner
10 hours ago, JimRP said:

.950 JDJs.

500 pound JDAM

• Emerald

45 ACP, does a good amount of damage and is still viable in gunfights.

.380 would be having a 50 round scorpion, and noone uses that.

9mm would be like a 50 round MP5, which only people like @metalonmax uses

and .357 is having a full automatic revolver with a 50 round magazine, which i hope i dont need to explain why would be an absolute horrible idea.

• Diamond

The Vote is close. I am thinking .45acp will be best in terms of making it more appealing to use and add another sub-machine gun that fires the .45acp. Let's keep the vote coming y'all. And for clarification, the Drum Mag holds 71 rounds (which must be found) and the stick mag holds 35 rounds. 

• Emerald
3 hours ago, Niller said:

45 ACP, does a good amount of damage and is still viable in gunfights.

.380 would be having a 50 round scorpion, and noone uses that.

9mm would be like a 50 round MP5, which only people like @metalonmax uses

and .357 is having a full automatic revolver with a 50 round magazine, which i hope i dont need to explain why would be an absolute horrible idea.

Well, I will never lose that again 😄

9mm goes brrrrrrt

• Sapphire

Full.

Auto.

.357 drummag.

why would we even remove full auto .308's at that point ?

9mm would be fine.

• Basko locked this topic