Server time (UTC): 2021-08-04 21:37

Dynamic Events - PLIKT / Contracts
ONGOING | 2021-08-04 21:30:00 (server time) | Ends in 52 minutes | Nyheim City

Livonia as 2nd server

ItsUnii

Should we bring back Livonia?  

100 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Sapphire

I think this is a very good idea valued community member UniiLR. I only played Livonia when it was out for a couple of hours and would love to experience it with the people I know are in the community now!

• Emerald

honestly great idea.

Livonia is a pog map and on top of that we can actually monotize it.

• Diamond

Battle Royale Namalsk. Let's get it done baby. 

• Diamond

Yes! Livonia was a great map! It was, by far, our most popular second map on the server since it came out. No other map did as well as it. Plus, there is a Lore for it already.

i think the map should be back it was a great map and wasn't used to its fullest potential by groups at the time, i think now it would be a good time for it to be back now that the sever pop is back up a lot more and it helps with more RP for players to use for there story and have something for the newer players to look around on and find rp.

• MVP

Not sure if you guys who voted yes are actually reading these threads with map discussion, but Rolle confirmed that an exclusive DayZRP map is being worked on and should be ready at some point later this year. Making S2 Livonia would make absolutely no sense. We already tried Namalsk, if a good map isn't going to bring people away from Chernarus then I don't know why a bad map would. You guys all wanted Chernarus so bad so everyone went back to it and ditched Namalsk. Lie in the bed that's been made and enjoy Chernarus until the new map is revealed and released.

• Developer

I'm more excited to see a possible exclusive dayzrp map instead of Livonia. Granted, I never played Livonia and I don't own it. I wouldn't mind playing it but I do mind purchasing it. Money is tight with frivolous things at the moment.

• Emerald
Posted (edited)

Hello community member UniiLR. Livonia was a very fun experience and bringing it back would be very POG. Great suggestion

Edited by UwU Monke
  • Diamond
Posted (edited)

I 100% agree with this. Livonia was such a fun map when it was released. The server pop stayed full for a good couple of months. I would love to play that map on DayZRP again.

As @UwU Monke said “Very POG”

Edited by RocJag
4 minutes ago, cas said:

Not sure if you guys who voted yes are actually reading these threads with map discussion, but Rolle confirmed that an exclusive DayZRP map is being worked on and should be ready at some point later this year. Making S2 Livonia would make absolutely no sense. We already tried Namalsk, if a good map isn't going to bring people away from Chernarus then I don't know why a bad map would. You guys all wanted Chernarus so bad so everyone went back to it and ditched Namalsk. Lie in the bed that's been made and enjoy Chernarus until the new map is revealed and released.

we have no idea when that could be there is no time or date on it so why not do Livonia in the mean time for all we know that new rollie map could just be some poopy city and thats it i wanna see some green

Server 2 is dead anyway.

I feel like Livonia could bring more people to the server and lead to some interesting roleplay. I honestly miss Livonia and would be glad to see it come back.

+1

Edited by The Preacher

- USER WAS CAUTIONED FOR THIS POST -

• MVP
2 minutes ago, cas said:

The map has been confirmed yes, but at minimum it's going to be September or October until it's released. MINIMUM. Server 2 is sitting empty and unused so why not make use of what's already there instead of allowing a server that remains empty 90% of the time to sit there? The fact that people are trying to use Namalsk as a "gotcha bitch" card baffles me. The same people saying that the community doesn't want change are now on the other side of that and are the ones refusing to allow change. The only difference being is that at least the majority of people that went back to Chernarus gave Namalsk a try whereas now it's just a flat out refusal because Namalsk failed. 🤷‍♂️

Clearly there has been vocal support from a vast number of community members whether it be publicly or privately otherwise there wouldn't have been a recent sprout up of posts asking for a map change on Server 2. The same concept I had for Namalsk is going to apply to this as well. If you want to play Livonia play it, if you don't, don't. Simple as that. No need to try and hold the community hostage because the change YOU wanted isn't what stuck. Livonia already has a strong track record of retaining players for at least a considerable amount of time considering that Livonia lasted well over 3 months before another switch back to Chernarus came shortly before lore wipe.

• Emerald

as a gamer who never played livonia, i would be interested to see it.

sadly will have to dish out the stoneys but it is what it is.

heard livonia was fun so i mean im down 

+1

image.png.a77eea7689fdd89aa55815545ab2e854.png

• Emerald

- USER HAS RECEIVED A WARNING FOR THIS POST - 

I support this forum suggestion, this would be a nice addition to the community!

• Emerald

Already preordered my copy with CD Project @OwOgles

• Emerald
Posted (edited)
47 minutes ago, Daemon said:

Battle Royale Namalsk. Let's get it done baby. 

Some people have done this and i believe it was a +15 xp

But also, as said above, Namalsk has been dead for a while, and I think having Livonia as a second option for several months before official DayZRP map comes would bring a nice change of things. Current activity for S1 is often peaks for firefights and then dies off. Having another map with fresh stories would be a change I would like

Edited by UwU Monke
  • Emerald

I don't see the point in having a second server honestly, a new map is added, people play for like 2-3 weeks, and it dies. I think with current activity 1 server is fine. If anything a second server could be useful as a test server to try figuring out crashes and whether mods work before implementing them on the main server. Many would say it wouldn't work because the population would be low and the data gathered wouldn't be useful for the main server, but a simple fix would be to just do a pvp event or something whenever something needs testing.

Anyways, that's just my 2 cents. Gonna say -1 to Livonia S2.

• Sapphire
Posted (edited)

Yes plz for the love of god.

livonia was so fun back in the day. Lots of great memories.

Edited by ImFrosty
  • Diamond
19 minutes ago, UwU Monke said:

Some people have done this and i believe it was a +15 xp

But also, as said above, Namalsk has been dead for a while, and I think having Livonia as a second option for several months before official DayZRP map comes would bring a nice change of things. Current activity for S1 is often peaks for firefights and then dies off. Having another map with fresh stories would be a change I would like

It's actually how Livonia more or less went out before lore wipe. So what better way yo bring it back in once more.  heh heh 😌

• Emerald

Amazing memories on Livonia. Would go back in a heartbeat 

• Diamond
54 minutes ago, OwOgles said:

The same people saying that the community doesn't want change are now on the other side of that and are the ones refusing to allow change.

No words are more true than these. They only want change for themselves and demand others accept thier desires. 

People who demanded Namalsk aren't even playing on it. Why? Because a group of 30 left that never wanted to be there to begin with? Come on man!

Livonia provides more of what people want than Namalsk. It's large but not too large and there is plenty of space to add more custom towns or cities. It will be beautiful for choppers to find people. 

• Administrator

No, second maps always fail and just split the playerbase at a time when we need to focus on one map only. The problem here as well is that Livonia is actually popular. It has far more supporters who genuinely love it than Namalsk does which would result in the server pop being split again. If half of people on Chernarus prefer Livonia then both maps will be half full at best. Because of this I can't vote yes because the best option for a second map is no second map at all.

EDIT: To add on to what I said, I like to meme that Livonia is shit (@OwOgles can corroborate); and it's true I find the map boring. I would however play it. But I can't since the overall amount of players we get right now only fills the server occasionally. I'd rather see 60 people concentrated on one server than 30 people on one and 30 on the other. This won't always be a problem, but it's just the way things are right now.

TLDR; No more S2.