Server time (UTC): 2021-08-01 03:27

PLIKT -- O-Squad Patrol -
TODAY | 2021-08-01 19:00:00 (server time) | Starts in 15 hours, 32 minutes | Nyheim City

Increase the Damage of Pistol Calibers

Crimson

Make Pistol Calibers more Lethal  

81 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Diamond

Since a lot of players use .308 for its damage per shot, I propose an improvement to pistol calibers. Predominantly a small increase in damage to .380, 9mm, & .45acp. Let's increase the appeal of pistols and sub-machine guns. 

Yes please, great suggestion. 

I like this suggestion. I've seen people get shot directly in the head with a pistol and just go unconscious. It's honestly stupid and unrealistic how weak the pistols are.

+1

• Sapphire
53 minutes ago, PATRIOT said:

Since a lot of players use .308 for its damage per shot, I propose an improvement to pistol calibers. Predominantly a small increase in damage to .380, 9mm, & .45acp. Let's increase the appeal of pistols and sub-machine guns. 

+1 its crazy to think that 9mm and .45 ACP are so weak, they are practically pea-shooters. 

So from my research, the damage values for .380m, 9x19, and .45 are the following (In order of caliber): 21, 26, and 34. I believe the damage values should be tweaked to the following: 30, 36, and 41 or 34, 38, 42. I believe these values will make the ammunition a bit better, but I could be wrong. But its worth a try.

Edited by Trijim
  • Titanium

+1 but only to the .45 so that the UMP can become a viable close range pocket weapon.

Reasoning? .45 rounds can actually kill in one shot 90-95% of the time.

image.png.bd290be997062829cd863b0702c44e5f.png

For comparison.

• Emerald

Yes please, do it!!

• Sapphire

I think this could be cool as In real life it would make sense for someone to be shot by a pistol and feel a lot more than just a slight little pinch as it is in game atm.

+1

• MVP

I support this, all I want is to carry pocket smg but I'm forced to carry an ak

Yes, please. Right now if I see a pistol or smg I always feel tempted to grab it, but never do- because I know that the possibility of it being effective versus anyone is nil.

There seems to be no harm in doing this. I support this forum suggestion!

• MVP

I think giving every pistol caliber a 20% damage increase is more than reasonable, just a slight upper edge compared to how they are now.

Not .357 though, that hits hard enough.

Edited by groovy ducky
  • Diamond

.357 needs to hit like a truck. Please make the revolver do more damage

Yes, with the same reasoning vests were buffed, same should pistol calibers need to be receive one. It would diversify people's choices of guns and make every single gun more dangerous and viable 🙂

• Diamond
Posted (edited)
16 hours ago, RocJag said:

.357 needs to hit like a truck. Please make the revolver do more damage

I disagree, the revolver is already a two shot kill to the chest without body armour now that the damage bug was fixed, which I think is plenty damage for a pistol. 

I certainly agree that other pistol calibres need buffing though

Edited by DrCor
  • Diamond

.357 is fine but .380, 9mm, and .45acp need a slight buff. It will make all weapons a threat. Just as they are in real life. Add a little more realism. 

14 minutes ago, PATRIOT said:

.357 is fine but .380, 9mm, and .45acp need a slight buff. It will make all weapons a threat. Just as they are in real life. Add a little more realism. 

I agree, but I also think that .22LR rounds should also receive a buff as currently outside of giggle factor/desperation/being a madlad there is no reason at all to ouse the Sporter 22 and the Amphibia Pistol, as the damage is too low to even be used for disposing of the infected.

• Emerald

Encouraging people to use pistols instead of assault rifles is always a +1

• Sapphire

+1 all the way.

Especially when hit in unarmored places, make people fear pistol calibers.

• Emerald

+1 I would love to not have to carry a rifle all the time 

• Diamond

64 votes and majority in favor. Calling @Roland, for his POV? 

• MVP
16 minutes ago, PATRIOT said:

64 votes and majority in favor. Calling @Roland, for his POV? 

Roland has stated in the past that he wants to leave the balancing of bullet calibers to DayZ developers themselves

• Sapphire

I would say slightly increase it because pistols don’t do much in pvp and some of them have the same caliber as some primary weapons