Server time (UTC): 2021-08-06 02:11

Dynamic Events - Contracts / Mutants
TODAY | 2021-08-06 19:00:00 (server time) | Starts in 16 hours, 48 minutes | Nyheim City

Hard wipe of automatic .308s and Rocket Launchers

Eagles

Should we wipe these things?  

99 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• MVP

Hello lovely community members, today I am bringing forth a suggestion that would help level the playing field in all firefights and help reclaim some rarity of certain weapons within the server.

As of this thread

Whitename has stated that as of February 19th the spawn rates of automatic .308s and Rocket Launchers has been lowered to as low as they can possibly go, coupled with a removal of them from all traders.

What I would like to propose is a hard wipe of all existing automatic .308s and Rocket Launchers. As it stands there is a massive stockpile of both of them within the server that makes the current changes made to their spawn rates pretty much useless right now. With a hard wipe of them it reintroduces their rarity to the server as well as make it so that the firefights taking place currently won't be riddled with high caliber automatics and rocket launchers.

I deadass reckon kamikaze the entire server so guns actually hold value again, the big firefight that just happend in Cherno everyone was running SCARS and it makes no sense lore wise and for the balance of the game. Guns hold little to no value atm. 

• Sapphire

At the end of the day, the same people who complain will go around when the server is empty and do the same loot cycle over and over again to hoard whatever guns they can find. If the guns are incredibly rare, and there seems to be a stupid amount of them, there's obviously a reason for it.

I'm ok with a wipe, and maybe even wiping the server every couple of weeks or so.

• Emerald

Yes please order 66 308. death machines... Ak74 and baby Ak should be your go to gun. If everyone can have a stash of 6 Scar or Fals, guns have no worth anymore and in the apocalypse guns and ammo should be a currency. 

• Sapphire

Great suggestion community member @OwOgles. Thank you for bringing up this topic to the community as I believe it is definitely needed. As much as I love to be able to just grab any gun I want at any time, and I will speak from a pvp side right now, firefights just arnt the same and not as fun. Even more so, the guns just don’t feel as awesome anymore. Whenever you saw someone with a FAL you would have to always be sure to watch out for that person or just be in awe that they have one.

Honestly, while we’re at it, make it so the 308 guns are semi auto. That way it’s still very strong but will take skill to use... Thank you

Edited by Panda
I’m big dumb
  • Emerald

In the past, the server had a pretty balanced gun economy with decent variety. Speaking from an RP standpoint, having weapons like the ones @OwOgles has mentioned would make you a target for robberies and would change the way you RP'd in general. That is totally gone with the current number of these weapons and as such there is a heavy imbalance. Please fix

Now speaking from a low tier hostile RPer who usually ends up in a gunfight, all the depth of said gunfights is gone. It just involves the same old phrase to initiate a fight and then a swift one tap to the kneecap from a FAL or 7 RPG warheads being fired into a crowd to end it all. Where's the fun in that? Was in a crazy fight earlier in Cherno that ended about an hour too early because multiple people at once were dying from rocket barrages or a .308 firing squad.

it's boring. If you can specifically wipe just the weapons in that category then it should be heavily considered. If it has to be a broader character wipe then I say put it to another vote

• Emerald

Honestly as much as i love myself a free FAL/Scar-h, this is just getting absurd. DM'd @Rolandearlier today too if this is possible and if i should maybe start a suggestion topic but my homie eagles was too fast for me.

The whole fun and PVP aspect is gone, its either run in with a gun that single shoots through everything or a RPG that blows up everything through everything, rockets go through walls, floors and whatever you can think of and its just not balanced at all.

• Game Master

Yes, we could wait and eventually it would level out too, but then we have boring firefights until the FALs despawn, which is unlikely since every loot goblin in Chernarus wants them.

• Emerald

It'd even go as far to remove rocket launchers completly. They end pvp fights way to quick and the fact the every 2 player has one is not immersive at all. For raids you still have your c4 or you need to beat the walls down what would make raiding far more intense because your putting your life in danger cause it takes some time. 

For 308. death machines I'd suggest a spawn system like there is on official servers. Like if there are 5-10 Fals/Scars on the map they don't spawn anymore until one has despawned.

• Diamond

Hell I gave my SCAR-H away and my RPG and rockets. I know certain groups are hoarding them and keeping them safe for thier firefights. They need to be erased and we need to return to our old ways of AKs and M4s and such. 

Side note, could we make pistol calibers better? 

Edited by PATRIOT
  • Titanium

great idea, lets add satchels and rpgs/laws to the list as well. that fight in cherno was a rocket barrage blood bath. as always sticking to what makes sense in RP is best, and right now it doesn't make sense. I also +1 the idea of regularly scheduled wipes for this reason. 

• Emerald
40 minutes ago, PATRIOT said:

Hell I gave my SCAR-H away and my RPG and rockets. I know certain groups are hoarding them and keeping them safe for thier firefights. They need to be erased and we need to return to our old ways of AKs and M4s and such. 

I'd love to see 9mm and 45. doing like any damage at all. Great idea.

• Emerald

After today's fight you're not wrong, it seemed majority people out of the 30+ people had some some sort of .308 weapon. On top of that the amount of rockets and explosions going on sort of ruined the fun of the fight. I miss the whole AK on everyone with the random 5.56 weapon being pulled. They need to be harder to acquired, which as you said whitename has stated they spawn lower. 

I'm sure there are a ton in stashes that keep coming out as well.

• Diamond
7 hours ago, PATRIOT said:

Please god make pistol calibres more of an option for people who wanna run pistols and SMGs, because right now the only pistol calibre weapon worth having in a PVP fight is the MP7

• Emerald

As someone who likes the occasional PVP and participated in Cherno last night, i have to say i found it very boring.

If you aren't running an RPG and .308 you're at a major disadvantage from the people who are, which is all good until everyone is running a .308

I find FAL drum mags, .308 and Scars like chocolate at Willy Wonkas so i dont think they've been lowered enough to the point where people cant really run them anymore after a long time.

On top of that i keep finding RPG and LAW Warheads with the launchers no more then 75% of the time when i go to VMC or NWAF, maybe make it a Heli only spawn?

But yes, please do a wipe of the .308 weapons and lower the spawn rate drastically so we can once again have tense firefights that last longer and actually gives those who might not be the best at PVP a chance to at least survive.

Yes absolutely wipe them all off of the face of Chernarus and let people find them again.

I personally am so sick of just how common it is to walk into a Hub area and see atleast 1-2 people with FALs and PKPs and I hate it.
It is in no way a dig against any player in particular as I am not really one to tell people how they should and shouldn't play the game, but man is it just boring that there are so many Players who just end up looking like they recently deserted the Military and cleared out their Armory before doing it.

I'd like to see a wipe to see Launchers and Automatic .308s become the rarity that they should be instead of being the standard meta for every group to follow.

Edited by VolraSlava
dont ask
  • Sapphire

i believe they should just be nerfed a little to make them a bit harder to find

• Sapphire

I agree with this, spawn rates should be lowered to introduce their rarity back in. Although, I dont think they should be wiped, let them be lost to firefight despawns or other means necessary.

Yes please, yesterday it was basically fireworks and FALs.

• Emerald

Definitely a hard no. 

Don't go to war if you don't like the arsenal.  

care bears GIF

Edited by Woody
  • Diamond

No offense but this suggestion is just bogus. Just because you’re in the middle of building a big base with your only weakness being RPGs doesn’t mean you should be suggesting this. You get in the wars then you face the consequences from your enemies. The guns will eventually level out with the amount of firefights that happen a day. Everyone just needs to chill out. Like you all begged for these things to be added and now you just cry for their removal. 

• Emerald
13 minutes ago, cjackson821 said:

No offense but this suggestion is just bogus. Just because you’re in the middle of building a big base with your only weakness being RPGs doesn’t mean you should be suggesting this. You get in the wars then you face the consequences from your enemies. The guns will eventually level out with the amount of firefights that happen a day. Everyone just needs to chill out. Like you all begged for these things to be added and now you just cry for their removal. 

don't think anybody begged for the traders to be added with the additions of fals and fal drum mags to be brought at all cjackson821 mate . if so please forward the link and i dont think anybody is 'crying' neither the community is making a vote for a 1 shot weapon to be more rare and more valuable?, i don't understand what you find 'bogus' too in the slightest.

id be all for them being not fully removed but toned down to how it used to be, rare spawn at heli crash and whatnot.. used to be such a savoured gun but now everybody runs around with it as if its a mac10 in warzone.

Edited by Banksyy