Server time (UTC): 2021-08-03 11:18

Dynamic Events: "The Mutated.."
TODAY | 2021-08-03 19:00:00 (server time) | Starts in 7 hours, 41 minutes | Nyheim City

AI in Military Camps

Military AI in high-volume military camps.   

72 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Cruising around the Internet, a curiosity of mine fell onto a potential mod which added military equipped AI into DayZ, similar to SCAVs in Tarkov.

Maybe adding them into the surrounding areas of the high volume military-camps as some sort of additional resistance? Dress them in a very specific way with specific armbands to prevent potential player mishaps? 

The only reason why I'm somewhat curious about the potential of it is that for new or returning players like me with little to no PvP experience have an opportunity to test skills against bots without having to find PvP servers. It'll give more incentive to gathering a group together or some tactical advantage when gearing or acquiring military hardware instead of what some people do of just turning on some tunes and auto-walking around the zombies picking up what they want to liquidate or keep. 

Here's the video that I saw that piqued the original interest. Let me know what you think!

• Emerald

Let me just say this. I've played on @BeanMama's server and she has I believe this exact mod.

Myself, Her, @Panda & @Cub I believe it was? All got fucked up. They don't even ADS and they can shoot you WHILE also sprinting. The coding isn't great, I may have some footage I can provide actually.

Standby.

EDIT: I cleared all my videos yesterday and I guess that was among them.

Either way, I don't recommend this mod. It will wipe out 10 people with 2 NPCs in less than 30 seconds.

Edited by Kase
  • Diamond

I can only see people reporting for KOS not knowing what they are walking into, or not knowing if they are firing upon an NPC or a player and struggling to decide between initiating or shooting first. 

• MVP

No. We already have AI traders that don't talk or bring any roleplay to the server, this sounds awful.

• Diamond

Absolutely not! People already complain about NPC Traders. Imagine the complaints if these things were added? 

• Emerald

This will just give people the reason to say "It wasn't KoS I thought they were an AI!" It works on paper, doesn't work in practice.

• Emerald

I dont really know if this has a place in a roleplay server, and it could open up alot of problems. If it were more polished I'd say maybe it could be a useful addition for immersion. However there would have to be a real lore reason for there to be AI soldiers around, that shoot on sight. They would need to be outfitted with the proper equipment and be confined to specific locations. I see how it could be used in this way, but simply saying "lets add AI bots to all military locations" would completely break the lore and break immersion.

If the AI are balanced properly, and used sparingly so not to break the lore, I'd give it a maybe. But as is, I'm gonna have to say no.

Edited by Riley
  • MVP
2 hours ago, Roland said:

If they worked properly, this would be a great idea to have in high end loot spots like military bases. Those AI don't have to provide RP themselves, they project their power through KoS which affects player RP positively (fear, planning, tactics when approaching sites with them), since we don't have other types of KoS on our server they would fill in that niche that we haven't had for a long time since removal of KoS zones.

But it doesn't look like this mod is publicly available, have you done your research OP before you suggested this? 😄  Don't suggest things that we can't get.

There’s a framework on the steam workshop for it but it doesn’t look like it’s designed for public use. 

Also -1 on the idea anyway, as cool as it would be for KOS AI to be in DayZRP I can already see the slew of report defences; “he dressed like an AI” “he acted like an AI” etc

Also in the video the bandits are aimbot one shotting so their entire fight logic would have to probably be reworked, something I’m not too comfortable doing given my keyboard monkey brain

• MVP

These are not really viable for a roleplay server, but this mod, with some more development could be amazing for events, because you could have combat orientated situations that are still technically PVE, and all the actual players can RP and not gat eachother; Attack/Defend, Last stand and horde events (provided AI reacts to zombies) would all be great with this. But for everyday RP ehhhhh probably not.

• Emerald

Interesting on paper but I can already smell the toxic reports xD

• Emerald
54 minutes ago, HarveyLR said:

These are not really viable for a roleplay server, but this mod, with some more development could be amazing for events

I agree with that statement.

2 hours ago, ImSpecies said:

This will just give people the reason to say "It wasn't KoS I thought they were an AI!" It works on paper, doesn't work in practice.

Mainly because of this exact thing, if this was a KOS allowing Roleplay server then sure.

But for this server with these rules, no thank you.

• Legend

When will they make ZEUS for DayZ? When ... why... Bohemia ... why ...

I always wanted to be able to spawn enemy AI that wasn't just wolves, bears, etc. Because it could add to a event or a area that people were exploring. Sadly, it seems this sort of functionality will never make it over to DayZ in a timely fashion.

• Titanium

I can already see the amount of reports going up for the "S1-KOS-Tisy Military" when everyone thinks a player killed them lol. Or the opposite, when it actually was a player and they don't report because they were in a military zone with AI. 

• MVP
10 hours ago, ImSpecies said:

Special uniforms for whatever faction it is could solve that problem.

• Emerald
1 hour ago, groovy ducky said:

Special uniforms for whatever faction it is could solve that problem.

Like a special textured item, like with zombies where you can't take it from them

Would love to see AI making military bases a bit harder to walk around, same as Tarkov AI.

I'm voting yes, hoping that one day AI on DayZ is available 🙂

• Diamond

Eh. 

Maybe have some Epoch style Ai Events. Could even be a useful tool for the Lore Team? Even as animated Set pieces.

None the less, it ain’t happening with the current Ai. And from what I’ve the Ai are sorta lack luster. 

• Diamond

Both so much for it and so much against it, against it for the fact that they can roam in new spawn areas and if you so happen to have a pistol and a little bit of knowledge, you can run out with a full kit just like that, brings no value to the gameplay in the server whatsoever, no need to loot when your goldmine is a broken A.I.

For it though for many reasons, they would bring that very much needed KOS aspect to the server as Rolle even said, having to plan and do tactics if you go on a loot spree in high military areas would be so cool, and even seeing A.I would be a blessing, giving players something other to do than fight each other, making their own missions to go kill this many bandits in exchange for shelter or food, things like that, they could definitely bring a breath of fresh air if only they worked, they don't seem to be working very well as seen in the video where one is just one tapping Falcon in the head.

And well, all the reports would be countless, the staff team would be at an all time high working on fake reports because of a A.I

All in all I would say this would be great if it was functioning correctly, but right now. I don't see it as a possibility until the MOD of course is released and works properly. So for now.

• Emerald

At the current state of the server i feel like this is not necessary, besides the fact that its not open for public yet.

The server is in such a phase at the moment that it is getting alot of people, adding such a mod would make more sense when there are less people on so it still feels like the server is popping. 

• Legend
On 2/26/2021 at 7:48 AM, cas said:

No. We already have AI traders that don't talk or bring any roleplay to the server, this sounds awful.

Yeah, they bring something the server lacks. Traders. 

If this mod gets cleaned up and is better I'd say yes to it, it'd add some danger.

• MVP
2 hours ago, JimRP said:

???????????? ok

people have been roleplaying as traders long before you started playing here jim, we have always had traders. my point was about them not adding roleplay, which they don't.

a mod like this would only be good if they weren't super aimbots and if loremasters could use them only for lore events.

Edited by cas
  • Sapphire
3 hours ago, JimRP said:

I completely agree with @cas. There are a decent amount of traders in the server, and I happen to be one of them. Currently, I am trying to open up a Gun Store and provide some really good Trade RP. My only issue is when the community spouts out "We need more traders" or "There isn't any Merchant RP" but don't realize that if people just keep raiding Traders because its "easy" than what is the point of trading? I don't mind getting raided, I couldn't care less. But it does get old getting raided because they know you'll eventually Restock and is considered to be an easy target. Sure there is RP Avenues for this, but where does the Trade RP start? 

• Legend
28 minutes ago, cas said:

???????????? ok

people have been roleplaying as traders long before you started playing here jim, we have always had traders. my point was about them not adding roleplay, which they don't.

a mod like this would only be good if they weren't super aimbots and if loremasters could use them only for lore events.

Yeah I'm sure the server's always had traders and I've interacted with plenty but approximately 2-3 years ago people stopped RPing traders and setting up hubs for trading. Player traders come and go and usually play favorites. AI Traders are there to help 24/7 and help you progress your actual IC goals and they're always in stock. So yes, they add to the roleplay because they give you things that you can actually use to roleplay with and expand any IC storylines/goals. Same way this would indirectly cause a lot more roleplay and fear for people because this AI would also constantly be there.

Edited by JimRP
  • MVP
28 minutes ago, JimRP said:

but approximately 2-3 years ago people stopped RPing traders and setting up hubs for trading.

I like to tell apart between facts and opinion here. There have always been people going around with the main focus of being a trader at different places. Those created rp for all kinds of groups & people. 

28 minutes ago, JimRP said:

Same way this would indirectly cause a lot more roleplay and fear for people because this AI would also constantly be there.

Not sure about this one. I mean, if so then we could see this with any AI ig atm. Animals might cause some rp relevant fear to people in forests and as a food/pelt source. But if you look at the infected running around, i disagree. At the same time I think if used correctly to show off a big force in a lore event it could work.

Edited by Ron