Server time (UTC): 2021-08-01 05:30

PLIKT -- O-Squad Patrol -
TODAY | 2021-08-01 19:00:00 (server time) | Starts in 13 hours, 29 minutes | Nyheim City

Namalsk dead?

• Diamond

- USER HAS BEEN WARNED FOR THIS POST -

I think the pop will shift back over to namalske at some point. Natural fluctuation. People go where there are people to rp with. Maybe someone will make a group on namalsk that seems really cool, and it will give people a reason to move over. It’s not necessarily dead just because it’s not being used much right now.

• Emerald

I felt like namalsk was kind of a let down like most other maps we've tried on this server.

Only exception being Livonia which did really well for a long time. Chernarus has been stale for a long time tho i guess the community just doesnt like change

• Diamond

Personally? It didn't really seem like it was going anywhere. Once you live in the South for a little while most of the survival problems in that area become pretty easy. There was nothing about the RP I found myself involved in that couldn't happen in Chernarus and a lot about it that could only happen in Chernarus. We were already starting to gather together some characters associated with CLF in the Fishing Club and advancing story tied into all of that, so I was pretty excited to get back home and get the ball rolling. It was a nice vacation, but I like how many options there are in Chernarus. You can disappear into the wilderness, which great for dynamic hostile RP, and there are plenty of towns to settle in or hang out and RP in.

Edited by Millie
  • Diamond

I loved Namalsk. I tried to stay for a while once everyone left. The big groups that brought the pop and had allies left for various reasons like they didn't like the hardcore weather, they didn't like the uncon effect thing, they didn't like the map. I loved it. It was very difficult to find RP when everyone left so I switched back to Chernarus. 

I prefer new maps over the same old drawn out map that most of us have been playing since DayZ released. Change is good, but many in this community don't accept change very well. 

• Emerald

I recently moved my main character over to Namalsk to give the map a go and see what it is like. I personally enjoy what I've seen so far but sadly have not got a chance to RP with anyone as of yet on the map. I would like to see more people give the map a shot as it does bring in some good unique elements to which you can't get in Chernarus. 

• Sapphire

I hope Namalsk picks up, it was the only thing giving me any will to play.

• Legend

I dont play it because i never liked the map. 🤷‍♀️

• Emerald

I didn't really like Namalsk. Cold as fuck, and u could go to some AC-130 and find 5 FALs every 2 hours. If it was up to me i'd toss Namalsk out the window and push Livonia again. Many good memories on Livonia as i'm sure others here also have, but for some reason people come crawling back to Chernarus. 

• VIP

Close down Chernarus for a month or two #LetsReviveNemalsk

- USER HAS BEEN WARNED FOR THIS BLASTHONY -

Edited by Aron73
  • MVP

Because all the people who hate roleplay (and some others) decided to go back to Chernarus, leaving Namalsk boring and empty despite being an objectively better and more interesting map.

• VIP
1 minute ago, cas said:

Because all the people who hate roleplay (and some others) decided to go back to Chernarus, leaving Namalsk boring and empty despite being an objectively better and more interesting map.

I can only agree. I had a blast on Namalsk

• Diamond
32 minutes ago, MaybeleleLR said:

I didn't really like Namalsk. Cold as fuck, and u could go to some AC-130 and find 5 FALs every 2 hours. If it was up to me i'd toss Namalsk out the window and push Livonia again. Many good memories on Livonia as i'm sure others here also have, but for some reason people come crawling back to Chernarus. 

Loot was nuts on Namask, I agree push anything other than Chernarus please God Livonia has a lot of good memories for many and I cant imagine it would be hard to throw up the server and get people invested and playing again.

Namalsk isn’t dead. It’s very much alive and a server map for Dayzrp. I would love to go back, but I choose not to because 0/100 pop 

• MVP

I had no interest in playing the map to begin with when it dropped. I never played the DayZ mod so there was no “nostalgia” for me to return to. I’d prefer Livonia over Chernarus personally, but until Livonia returns I’ll only play Chernarus or not at all. 

• Developer

Namalsk was cool at first, but quickly became stale with the lack of content it really provides. There isn't enough... stuff to do as it were. Very few residential areas to make it feel lived in... and much of what there was to do was purely loot driven given the economy. When loot is everywhere, why care to move around. 

Speaking of moving around, another big issue was everyone hunkered down in one location or another and eventually the entire server migrated to the same tiny city. At that point it became pointless to stick around. 

• Diamond

Because over 250+ voted for it! 😏 

The map is too small and the Lore for it is not near as good as Chernogosrk. 

Edited by PATRIOT
  • Diamond

I enjoyed Namalsk while people play on it. Lot of Arma 2 Nostalgia and the map was interesting to play on. Sadly people preferred Chernarus so everyone moved back over. I took a break after that but I'm still enjoying Chernarus.

• MVP
10 minutes ago, PATRIOT said:

The map is too small and the Lore for it is not near as good as Chernogosrk. 

Ah, yes - the Chernogorsk lore is indeed extremely rich.

All jokes aside, as much as I'd prefer everyone to be playing on Namalsk, the whole "no monetization" shtick meant it was doomed from the start due to Rolle refusing to shut down the Chernarus server. The only way for another map to succeed in this community is to give the playerbase no other option. Also please do not consider bringing back Livonia, the map is bad. There are plenty of fields in Chernarus, meaning Livonia has nothing unique to offer. 

• Diamond
Just now, cas said:

Ah, yes - the Chernogorsk lore is indeed extremely rich.

All jokes aside, as much as I'd prefer everyone to be playing on Namalsk, the whole "no monetization" shtick meant it was doomed from the start due to Rolle refusing to shut down the Chernarus server. The only way for another map to succeed in this community is to give the playerbase no other option. Also please do not consider bringing back Livonia, the map is bad. There are plenty of fields in Chernarus, meaning Livonia has nothing unique to offer. 

I forgot all about that No Monetization. Yeah, that for certain killed it. 

• Owner

I love Namalsk. I would make it the only map we have on DayZRP in a heartbeat if only we could monetize content on it. It's too bad really.

• MVP

@Roland bribe sumrak, problem solved 😎