Server time (UTC): 2021-08-04 21:42

Dynamic Events - PLIKT / Contracts
ONGOING | 2021-08-04 21:30:00 (server time) | Ends in 47 minutes | Nyheim City

Lower the spawn rate on RPGs and LAWs

Should the LAW and RPG spawn rate be lowered?  

13 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

So recently, while re-gearing on the airfield i stumbled on 1 RPG and 1 LAW. There was also quite a lot of ammunition around for them. My personal opinion is that this weapons specifically should be a bit more rare to find. I hope everyone understands that this a weapon that can 1 shot a group of people super easily and it worries me that it's that easy to find one.

Also every firefight looks like this when initiation is dropped in the beginning

lmao.gif.57da4f8ea175d4f4489fad45a4754b18.gif

I'd like to hear the community's thoughts about this. 🙂

• MVP

Weren't they decreased already? Maybe you just got lucky.

Just now, AndreyQ said:

Probably, if it's confirmed that they were. 

I'll happily close this thread.

• Titanium

Accidentally voted no but I think yes, they can be useful in sieges but other than that they are just begging for either invalid kill reports or mass Kos for salty boys wanting to tendee. Everyone and their mother has one, I got 3 with 14 rockets and I haven't even been looking for them.

• Sapphire
7 minutes ago, AndreyQ said:

Whether it is or not, I literally have not gone through Tisy, NWAF or Trotskoe without finding warheads in the past long while.

They make firefights boring, and they are OP. I would like to see less of them. IMO, they shouldn't be used in firefights, or even be on the server at all. Satchel Charges I am fine with, however.

• Head Admin

Just remove it from the servers it for all I care. Unnecessary on an RP server.

• Diamond

If they get removed the satchel charges will be the only source to tear sown walls. Then those get reduced and people with conplain about base building. 

Reduce thier spawns

• Owner

So because you found two rare weapons at the same time their spawns should be nerfed? 😄 

• Sapphire
8 minutes ago, Hofer said:

Just remove it from the servers it for all I care. Unnecessary on an RP server.

It really takes away from a lot of interaction. 1 person initiates on a compound, the rest of the attackers go full Katyusha and hail down with rockets. Not much fighting in that, not much chance for interaction. I agree that the launchers don't belong on DayZRP.

1 minute ago, Roland said:

So because you found two rare weapons at the same time their spawns should be nerfed? 😄 

My apologies, perhaps i should've given more information about the topic.

I've heard plenty of people complaining about how easy they are to find and how everytime there's a firefight, it looks like the 4th of July and half of the people die in the first 5-6 seconds in the beginning.

Making firefights in my opinion a bit boring.

Again, due to multiple complains from different people, that are from different groups. I've decided to make a suggestion about lowering their spawn rate. 🙂

The biggest problem with the RPG/LAW is that there is no protection you can wear to stop being insta- gibbed by it. The explosion (I believe) is a repurposed gas station explosion with higher damage, so even wearing the best helmet and a plate carrier it will not stop you from getting blasted. I am ok with the M79, as the grenades have a max stack of 1 (compared to the smoke equivalents 4) and it's REALLY hard to find them compared to the RPG/LAW warheads. The RPG/LAW have created a crazy "Rocket Barrage" meta, and as such needs to be addressed like the "FAL/SCAR Spam" was.

I propose the RPG/LAW and it's ammo becomes exclusively available at the dynamic helicopter crash sites. Stops people from endlessly searching the military camps for them and also frees up space for other things to spawn there instead.

Satchel charges should stay in and spawns as is, as they are the only thing to destroy expansion walls easily, and cannot practically be used for PvP due to its size and huge timer.

• MVP

It’s as low as it can possibly go. This was changed only recently so it will take time to have any noticeable effect as people will still be holding on to several of them

30 minutes ago, Whitename said:

It’s as low as it can possibly go. This was changed only recently so it will take time to have any noticeable effect as people will still be holding on to several of them

I'm happy with that.

Staff please close this thread.

• Diamond

Seriously I get that RPGs can be very aggravating to fight against but unless we get maybe regular grenades I think there needs to be some way of having combat explosives. I also think larger groups have tons of explosives and boom due to farming airfield through multiple time zones. Keep the RPGs they are needed for base raiding and a great combat explosive.

Edited by KermieSB