Server time (UTC): 2021-08-04 21:11

Dynamic Events - PLIKT / Contracts
STARTING SOON | 2021-08-04 21:30:00 (server time) | Starts in 18 minutes | Nyheim City

Metagaming Rule Change

Human

Should we change the metagaming rule?  

71 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Emerald

Hi everyone! Sorry for the bad formatting but I’m on mobile right now.

So I was looking over the recent Metagaming report and thought over a couple changes to the rule. We can all admit to it. Especially if in your in group discord call with your allies or members of a group. Most of the time when people go on long walks or drives and we all talk OOC in the call. So what I’m suggesting is the change to the rules that allows OOC talking while in game. Or a change that makes it so a friend group or official group won’t get hit with metagaming if your talking and joking with friends outside of the game while in game.

• Diamond

"Heyo Friendly Discord members I am being taken hostage right here at x y coords But dont worry just come thorugh and blast everyone because we are an official group". This is an awful Idea sorry champ -1 from me. Will lead to so many salt people and gorup a huge head ache for all parties invovvled.

• Emerald

Simple solution, don't talk OOCly.

@Duplessis made sure i remembered that one, and my RP has been improving ever since.

-1 from me.

• Diamond

As I also remember the recent report stated staff believed the info was to be seen as useful in character therefore it wasnt just jokes being said it was info that could have been vital to the others in and around the people.

Edited by KermieSB
Added more.
  • MVP

I don't see an issue with the current rule, you're free to talk as you please on discord but as soon as someone who isnt part of that talk approaches ingame or is within audio range you mute up or go IC.

It's really simple and easy to do, just takes a little bit of dedication.

• MVP

The double mic rule should just simply be removed.

• Administrator

You can joke around OOCly with your friends on Discord while running around for example. When you are transmitting IC info (especially with people around) you need to double mic. Easy. No need to change the rule.

• Diamond

Bias poll just FYI. Both sides should explain not just one.

No, keep it how it is or you will get people speaking out tactical stuff during firefights or Meta-Game their location if captured. It will be abused. At least now there is a check on it. Even if it's difficult to prove, its still there to catch those who cheat in that manner. I get talking about OOC stuff while on long walks, but people should always double mic when engaged in RP or committing hostile action. PERIOD. 

Edited by PATRIOT
  • Diamond

Most Day Z servers are non-roleplaying servers where you can talk OOC constantly, and there are even a significant number of basically lite-roleplay servers that don't enforce a lore, realistic names, or talking in character. Allowing people to talk OOC IG would make DayZRP just another server.

The solution to the metagaming and OOC chatter problem is to actually do internal radio roleplay while in game, not to RP even less.

• Emerald

I'd like it to be changed purely so everyone's video footage wouldn't be 'corrupted' or 'lost' but other than that meme reason the rule should stay. Everyone breaks the rule anyway but it keeps some people in check

• MVP

no thank you, although plenty of people still metagame I like to think this rule at least prevents some people from doing it.

• Administrator

-1 | OOC talk is allowed when you're in game as long as whatever is said isn't about anything happening or being done in game at that moment. If you and a friend are chatting and just enjoying life then sure go ahead you can talk oocly in discord without double micing. But the second you mention something that is happening IG especially around a random dude you gotta hold that button down fam. Like Bryan says, any IC info being given gotta be transmitted. Kind amazing how that's hard to understand.

Nah you would get more hostages being left to captors just silently starring at each other more often, while deciding OOC what to do with them and making plans OOC... or the other way around hostages chatting with rescuers while being ask questions... We all could try to focus more on RP while in game.

People will still do it, but I prefer to think the rule as is, helps some to stay in character and improves RP for those that actually stick to the rule and everyone around them. 

Leave it as it is. We all get distracted to easily anyways.

• Titanium
43 minutes ago, AndreyQ said:

The double mic rule should just simply be removed.

No way, that takes the realism out lol. Imagine you're holding someone up and they all of a sudden stop talking then come back and say "Sorry can you repeat that? My radio is going crazy today. Had to tell the fellas to calm down and come get me". Don't change anything about the metagaming rule, it's simple to be honest just takes actual interaction and RP scenarios to perfect. 

• Game Master
1 hour ago, Human said:

Hi everyone! Sorry for the bad formatting but I’m on mobile right now.

So I was looking over the recent Metagaming report and thought over a couple changes to the rule. We can all admit to it. Especially if in your in group discord call with your allies or members of a group. Most of the time when people go on long walks or drives and we all talk OOC in the call. So what I’m suggesting is the change to the rules that allows OOC talking while in game. Or a change that makes it so a friend group or official group won’t get hit with metagaming if your talking and joking with friends outside of the game while in game.

OOC talking is allowed.

OOC talking about events going on directly in front of people that are involved in said events is not okay.

• Diamond

It’s an unenforceable rule that goes out the window the second a firefight happens anyway.

• Game Master

The rule is unenforceable unless you self incriminate. It’s a garbage posturing rule that everybody breaks at one point or another. Get rid of it 😎

• Legend

What elmo said,

Enforce an alternative such as BadRP for those who focus on OOC conversations rather than RP and we'll see much more video evidence come forwards, guarantee it. The only people that get banned for this rule are the ones that self-incriminate.

• Titanium

If you get rid of this rule there will be more reports and the server will go to shit. I've only been here around a month and I can say that there have been several reports not go up because they realized the offended party metagamed to call for help, etc. You're gonna ruin the server for dumb shit if you get rid of this rule because it'll just be a cluster fuck of OOC drama.

33 minutes ago, Para said:

What elmo said,

Enforce an alternative such as BadRP for those who focus on OOC conversations rather than RP and we'll see much more video evidence come forwards, guarantee it. The only people that get banned for this rule are the ones that self-incriminate.

This is literally all this person is asking for - "We'll see much more video evidence come forward" 

Like what bro? You wanna metagame so you can report more? As NBA YoungBoy said - Makes no sense. 

In the end keep it realistic. Double mic to pass along IC info - use your RP skills to transform words to things you can say IC - If you're asked to raise your hands stop double micing (Yes if your hands are raised you physically can't PTT) - and go about your day...

Edited by SGCAlamor
  • Emerald

If we allowed OOC chatter IN-GAME (though I may be misunderstanding your thread.), it would defeat the entire purpose of internal group RP and discourage it more. No story progression would be made within the group.

If you mean allowing OOC chatter in discord while in game? I mean, I don't believe that's against the rules to begin with. I tend to occasionally play other games while my guys are in game and we just shoot the shit.

Though anytime I'm approached by someone outside the group and I'm on the radio. I'll either A) Mute and deafen or B) Double mic so my people can hear it as well.

• Emerald

mmh I don't see the problem. Like others said above, you are allowed to talk ooc in discord while ingame. You just have to doulbe mic when someone else is around. And of course don't share like hostage situations via discord... like I too had to learn the hard way 😄

• Legend
3 hours ago, Bryan said:

You can joke around OOCly with your friends on Discord while running around for example. When you are transmitting IC info (especially with people around) you need to double mic. Easy. No need to change the rule.

I agree with you here.

For textRP'ers the double mic rule is still very difficult. However, I dont think there is any other solution for that problem.

The suggestion itself is therefore a no for me. -1

• MVP
22 minutes ago, Terra said:

I agree with you here.

For textRP'ers the double mic rule is still very difficult. However, I dont think there is any other solution for that problem.

The suggestion itself is therefore a no for me. -1

Rule should be removed for text rpers only.

Suggestion doesn't make sense. You can have a laugh oocly in discord while playing. Just dont communicate ic information for ic advantage.