Server time (UTC): 2021-07-31 06:52

Lore Event - "The Scientists"
TODAY | 2021-07-31 19:00:00 (server time) | Starts in 12 hours, 7 minutes | Nyheim City

Michael 'Tex' Grant- Luck and Unluck.

Day: ???, Entry: 1

Welp. Found this old journal. Guess I'll start writing in here and get some things off my chest. Everyone else is too busy to talk most of the time anyway so it's not like I got any other choice I suppose. Journal, I need to admit something. Candy is dead, and I didn't get to pull the trigger. Should I be happy? Sad? Disappointed? I feel like it's a combination of both...her death reminds me of what she told me. "You'll hear your own ticking soon enough Tex. And then you'll be just like me." I don't want to be, and yet I'm feeling it. I haven't admitted this to anyone I know. But when I killed one of them Russians, I enjoyed it. Hell. Part of me wants to leave the docs group and take up bounty hunting. I'll need to sleep on it. My thoughts here are just rambling on at this point.

Edited by mike655363

Day: ??? Entry: 2

What the actual fuck? I got shit being spread about me now...something about me being the one to kill Candy? Some Jackson guy wanting to talk to me. I know Candy talked about him but I never saw him in my time around the pub. I...did Fredrick spread this shit around to cover his ass? I never wanted to kill her I wanted to bring her back and get her the help she needed and now that I got this going around,

I can't trust anyone. Tate. Fredrick. Maybe Marry. Hell maybe the entire group heard a story from Fredrick. Come to think of it...Williams brought it up to me.

I mean it when I write this Journal. Candy, despite what she did...She was like a sister to me.

Day: ??? Entry: 3

The following is written in scribbles. It's also written lyrical style.

Wait at the gates for me, bitch I'm dying
Fate is a weight, debate the state of my mind
Generate hate, emotion I cannot find
I'm feeling great and I don't have enough time
To tell you all I want to, ain't no way to rewind
The way it seems to taunt you, the world is not kind
At moments, it can haunt you when shit's out of line
Just know that I'll be gone too and no one will mind

And no one will mind
That you were one of many who were thrown to the swine
That you were sipping henny or you tripping on wine
That someone took a bullet, put it into your spine
Just smile and know that no one will mind
Any moment body might break
Anybody wanna die baked?
Fuck yeah at this rate
Pick a date "real late", hoe, it ain't no debate
With no mind
With nothing in your head
I'll speak my truth 'till I'm dead
Fuck every fed, I'm getting red in the face
I ain't put you in your place
Will you submit? Bow down!
Stare at your feet or "look up at me take a seat"
Suck on your teeth
I go so dumb on the beat
Bec cuz I know one day I'll be under some feet

Like you!

Like you and me
Best friends forever in the fucking trees
Less than a feather, better sail the breeze
Atoms gather in the sky and in the land and seas
Murderers and people that defend the bees
Women and they children and the men they please

Sky dimming, I be grinning I can end this tease
At what's it like to be a god brought to bend his knees

Day: ??? Entry: 4

I slept in the woods last night...I think I'm starting to lose it. Had a awful dream. I was in a forest, a thick mist surrounding me. My tent was gone. My bag and weapons? Also gone. I was lost. Alone. With nothing but the clothes on my back. Suddenly, I heard a voice. A voice I know all too well. That of who else but Candy?

As I attempted to follow they spoke. Told me a parasite was hunting me. Just as they backed away the leaves behind me started to erupt. The trees bending back in the most unnatural of ways. Grabbing at me. I ran towards the voice, coming across a tree that took the shape of a woman. In it's lap sat the figure. I ran and just as whatever was behind me had caught up, I leapt and grabbed onto their outstretched hand. I was pulled up after having a moment to catch my breath they spoke up again. The same voice of Candy. "Hello...little brother." the figure said. It was now that I realized this was not Candy, but rather her other personality. Ticker. We talked for a while. I then realized the figure itself was void black. A white outline surrounding it's shape, which was genderless while still keeping the signature voice.

Eventually I was told by 'Ticker' to wake up. Which I did just in time, to discover infected had surrounded my tent. I have taken care of them and have since paused to write this. As I do...I swear I can still see 'Ticker' in the corner of my eye. But I'm not asleep.

...Am I?

Edited by mike655363

Day: ??? Entry: 5 (Why am I still writing?)

Got a new book. I doubt I'll be seeing Mary soon enough to get my old one back. So...That's it. I've fucking lost it. I got nowhere to go. Nobody to see anymore and now, I'm seeing more fucking ghosts. This time...it was Val. I awoke to a fire. The orange gleaming off the trees and logs. Took me a hot second to recognize him but...I did and he recognized me. We talked about...well life actually. Also talked about Ticker. Our shared experiences with her and I gave him the news about her fate.

All in all. Nice conversation. But he deserved more than what he got in the crappy life. I got a new mission now. Find the best scientists and psychologists in the land and bring them together. I swear on my grave. I will stop another Candy before they even get the chance to start. For now though I will dub this group of intellectuals...

The Vallen institute of Psychology and the Sciences.

Posted (edited)

Day: 35. (Found a calendar.) Entry: 6.

Saw Mary and company a couple nights ago. Went over to drop some meds off. Well apparently the stuff we got the night before was...their stuff. In the end, I agreed to get their shit back for them. That was...until I heard our fence got broken into. Odd thing is...the only stuff that was taken was the food and the weapon of theirs we admitted to having. Everything else was untouched, even our own guns. I asked Mary if they had done it and she denied it. Frankly I ain't buying it. I'm gonna organize a trip...I think we need to talk about this. Face to face this time. I know it was theirs and all. But I'll be dammed if we allow this to set the precedent for a Dead Horse 2.0.

Edited by mike655363
  • 2 weeks later...

Day: 44 Entry: 7.

So. This is what I get for sticking by somebody. Fucking punched in the face and shot in the hand. Guy was an idiot to ask about Hector and the family. And he sunk me down with him. Fucker name dropped me and said I told him that the Family deals drugs. What a load of bullshit. I stuck by you and you stab me in the back? Sleep with one eye open cunt, maybe it's time Candy rise from the dead.

Day: 45 Entry: 8

An old freind asked what I was gonna do with myself once. At the time I laughed her off. Cracked a joke and ran into the woods. Now? I wish I had taken that question a bit more seriously. I've just realized something. I have no freinds, at least nobody that I can really talk to. I'm supposed to be the comic relief right? Crack a joke, make a pun give everyone a good laugh. So why is it that I feel this way? Empty. Alone. Call me insane but I really wish Candy were here. What she did was fucked up...but at least she listened and gave some surprisingly decent advice, when it wasn't about cutting people that is.

Day: 47 Entry: 8.

Found an old tape player today along with one blank tape. Started recording some voice lines so I can talk without using my voice. You know...speeding up the tape and all. Should help me go incognito when I have to go into town. I recorded some hostile one's too. In case I ever have to strike first.

Also arranged a meeting with Mary. Might be a good opportunity to test out the tape player. If I scare the shit outta her. It works. If it doesn't. I need to mess with the tape more. You know. Me doing this kinda reminds me of a game I used to play before all this shit broke down, the more I think about it. The more one quote stands out to me.

"Heads or Tails? The flip of a coin. Meant to show the uncertainty of life. Of course the wise player always cheats."

I got what feels like the entire world against me. They think I'm some sort of boogyman. Well...maybe it's time to become the monster they see. With the family out of the way well...

It's time to start cheating.

Day: 50. Entry 9.

I've lost everything. The few friends I had. Poof. Turned against me like everything else in this dammed country. I keep on telling the truth and nobody fucking believes me! I got nowhere to go. Nobody to talk to. I'm alone with my thoughts...and I'm scared at what they're telling me.

Day: 1 Entry 1.

What the hell have I gotten myself into?

Let me start at the beginning. The last thing I remember, four men were standing around me. I was wearing a mask...and suddenly a flash of light and a bang.

I woke up who knows how much later. In a mass grave. Four. Maybe five bodies? I poked 'em. Nothing. Seems I was the lucky one.

I made a trip up the country, at this point I thought I was still in the US. There were these...people? No, things that attacked me along the way. I ran into a city named Berizeno, some fellas in plaid armbands flew me in a helicopter to a hospital way up north. On the way I asked what state we were in. Apparently I was in a nation called Chenarous. Near Russia. I don't remember how I got here if I'm being honest. 

At the hospital there was a woman in full hazmat gear. I explained my situation and apparently she recognized my voice. She asked me to take off my headgear and sure enough. She knew me. Somehow. While being treated for my head injury she explained who I was...a little at least. Apparently I went by Tex. But my real name is Michael. I'm eighteen years old...as confirmed by my drivers license. And I'm from Texas...one of the few parts of me that I can remember. Apparently I pissed a lot of folks off. Using my fake name may be a danger to me now. I need to figure out what happened to me. And who I was. What were my goals? Who were my friends? My enemies?  I'm starting from scratch. I did get the woman's frequency though. So at least a medical professional can vouch that I do in deed don't remember anything. One question lingers above all these though. What the hell happened to my face and teeth?

Day: Lost track Entry: 2

I've been wandering around. Trying to figure out what the fuck I did before I lost my memory. From what little rumors I've heard, it was nothing good. I've been keeping to myself as of late. Not wanting to expose who I am. If they think I'm dead, Perhaps it better it stay that way. Frankly should I even care what I did? I can surely put my energy into something better...hey here's an idea. I remember a charity from back home. The Peace Corps. Maybe I can get people to rally behind that idea...send supplies and such to the gassed of areas? Help push out hostile groups by providing security for those too small to fight them off themselves. All for free. I still don't know what I did. But I'll be dammed if I become a bad person again.

This. Is my real calling.

Day: I don't know. Entry: 3

Holy shit. It's happening. We made ourselves a group. The lost souls It's called, we're all a bunch of misfits and outcasts in our own way but we do our best to help out. We've been stocking the donation center along with the help of a woman named Barbra who intially set it up. Nice lady. Tried to get her to carry a shotgun since we've been getting robbed but to no avail. But hey, we're actin' security for the town so...we'll keep her and the other townsfolk safe. Speakin' of that. Met another guy livin' there. Goes by Fox. Nice enough guy, we fought in the ring during the Cherno fight night. Sadly for me, he won. But I made sure he left with a few bruises to remember me by. In other news. The guys called me over to the barn and said they held a vote. They for some god-forsaken reason. Decided to elect me leader. After some hesitation I accepted. I just hope I'm capable enough and my reputation doesn't cause the groups death on arrival.

Final entry:
It's over. I don't know what's wrong with me. It's like...a voice? A physical voice. Telling me to do evil and harm. It is for that reason. I have decided to leave the country. I gave my last orders a while ago. We'll see who follows and who stays. I won't blame either. My footprint, even when trying to do good has been bad. As well as tarnished by what I did in the past. I have crossed the border already. There is no going back for me.

May god have mercy on my soul when I pass.

OOC NOTE:

//Well fellas. That's it. Tex has been retired. If anyone wants to provide feedback on the RP of this character. Please send me a profile message. Thank you so much to everyone who provided great and engaging roleplay!