Server time (UTC): 2021-08-01 05:04

PLIKT -- O-Squad Patrol -
TODAY | 2021-08-01 19:00:00 (server time) | Starts in 13 hours, 55 minutes | Nyheim City

Spawn Rates for Powerful Rifles

Ducky

Make rare guns rare again?  

60 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• MVP

In a recent suggestion we managed to get powerful rifles like the SCAR, FAL and similar removed from the traders, which is definitely a step in the right direction, however there is still a large abundance of these rifles in the loot table itself, just the other day we managed to collect 5 Scars by simply checking VMC and the Airfield, in a single run.

Obviously that is too many, atleast in my opinion.

I recommend one of the two following solutions:

1. We set the nominal value of the SCAR, FAL, PKP and similar to 1, meaning that only 1 will be spawned on the ground at a time, this ensures that they remain a rarity while still obtainable.

2. Instead of number 1, we keep the nominal value at 5, and then set the in-player-inventory and cargo flags to 1, thus creating a finite amount of the very powerful rifles, this essentially means that there are only ever 5 of the specific rifle in circulation as they will not spawn when all 5 are in use.

Both of these solutions are excellent, and they reinforce the point of them being a rarity.

This of course does not apply to all guns, only the really powerful ones with massive killing capability.

Make powerful and rare weapons powerful and rare again, please discuss below.

Also, incase no one understand my mumbo-jumbo lemme give you a dumbed down version.

Nominal Value = The amount of the item that is spawned on the ground, the server will try to always have this amount available and spawned, this means when one is picked up, the server queues up to spawn a new one somewhere.

Flags = Essentially decides where it counts the number, if we enable player and cargo flags, it means that the server also counts guns that are on ones person and stored in cargo, meaning it will not spawn new rifles until the rifle is destroyed or despawned.

To make sure we all know what guns are in question, let me list them all below:

SCAR - FAL - PKP - M14 - M1A SOCOM - RPG-7 - LAW - M79

Any Semi to Full Auto rifles in 308 or 7.62x54 basically, as well as very powerful utility like the RPG which can kill in a radius.

Edited by groovy ducky

I'm happy with option number 1.

Allows anyone at anytime to find one, but whether or not the WILL is another thing entirely. Never have liked the 'finite' ammount of weapons, as it directly screws over individuals and smaller groups. 

• MVP
1 minute ago, Taffinator said:

I'm happy with option number 1.

Allows anyone at anytime to find one, but whether or not the WILL is another thing entirely. Never have liked the 'finite' ammount of weapons, as it directly screws over individuals and smaller groups. 

I listed both options because they both essentially solve the problem, thank you for expressing!

• Sapphire

Option 1 sounds good, as long as its only on the best guns like you said. I don't want the weapon spawns to be like they were in 2019 when you'd loot all of NW and not find a single full auto because they had spawn caps.

• MVP
2 minutes ago, Colt said:

Option 1 sounds good, as long as its only on the best guns like you said. I don't want the weapon spawns to be like they were in 2019 when you'd loot all of NW and not find a single full auto because they had spawn caps.

That's the intention, I am only talking about the most powerful rifles, the likes of the SCAR, FAL, PKP, and weapons such as: RPG, LAW, M79 and so on.

Edited by groovy ducky
  • Sapphire

I'm confused, what is the issue? I've seen many complaints about this "issue", and I haven't seen an actual example of it. Is it causing other loot-related issues? Is this just an issue of people getting overpowered because of their amount of guns, making fights unfair?

I haven't personally found that many high caliber guns like the FAL after doing large scavenging runs across military bases. I might even agree with them being removed from traders, I'm just curious as to what sparked this.

Beyond that, I think it would also be nice to have a simple "no" option in the poll.

• MVP
Just now, Angel said:

I'm confused, what is the issue? I've seen many complaints about this "issue", and I haven't seen an actual example of it. Is it causing other loot-related issues? Is this just an issue of people getting overpowered because of their amount of guns, making fights unfair?

I haven't personally found that many high caliber guns like the FAL after doing large scavenging runs across military bases. I might even agree with them being removed from traders, I'm just curious as to what sparked this.

Beyond that, I think it would also be nice to have a simple "no" option in the poll.

Forgot to add that, lemme add a no-vote.

But to answer the question, it is indeed an issue, not being able to buy the guns is a step in the right direction, but if they still spawn like candy it won't change the over abundance of them in circulation.

Rare should remain rare yes?

• MVP

Seems like this was already changed when they were removed from the traders, please close!

whitename.PNG.86a2ea1ea81fc9a1b7259d7f957de357.PNG

30 minutes ago, groovy ducky said:

Forgot to add that, lemme add a no-vote.

But to answer the question, it is indeed an issue, not being able to buy the guns is a step in the right direction, but if they still spawn like candy it won't change the over abundance of them in circulation.

Rare should remain rare yes?

Also to add onto this @Angel, a .308 round does 110 damage up to around 150ish meters, which in simple terms is enough to one shot kill a player at full health if hit in the head, brain, neck upper and lower Torso, while also requiring just two shots everywhere else. 

While this isn't a problem in itself, the oversaturation of weapons that carry 50 rounds of this at a full auto capacity seriously screws the balance of gunfights, not including the recent phenomenon of "artillery barrages" from RPG's. 

• MVP

As discussed in Discord just now, I did that last night alongside removing them from the traders 🙂

• Emerald
2 minutes ago, Whitename said:

As discussed in Discord just now, I did that last night alongside removing them from the traders 🙂

Does this also apply with RPGs and whatnot?

Edited by UwU Monke
  • MVP
Just now, UwU Monke said:

Does this also apply with RPGs and whatnot?

Yes

We should do another server wipe 

lower the spawns completely 

I support this suggestion, either option works, it'd still improve upon the current state.

• Emerald

The reason I voted other is I would love to keep the weapons spawns how they are, this is because you have large groups constantly grinding for these items and its still rare to come across these if you are not in the large groups. I will admit I have a bias to the M1A because I love using it to hunt as it just feels the best for me.

However the main complain I have with these guns is the over use of Drum mags and how crazy overpowered they are, Being alive after huge firefights thats all I notice is Scar's with drum mags, with some bodies even having an extra 2 or 3 drum mags fully loaded in their inventory, even then all you hear is non stop firing from the guns because of the drum mags, I would love to see all .308 guns to have a reduced mag change for instance the scar having a 10 round mag only so that once people get into firefights they are not spraying endlessly and actually picking and choosing their shot correctly. Same with the M1A I would rather see more 10 round mags and 5 round mags.

I also feel like if the drum mags were fully removed it may make players act smarter with Explosives as well as people are not going to rely on the endless clips to destroy walls and use the RPG ect for more breaching and not killing. It would be a nice idea as well to keep the damage high for the Launchers but reduce the radius of the blast so it can only damage a wall and a smaller area.

I feel like this would make things a lot better without changing everything to much.

Edited by Nudey
  • Emerald

Yes, I would like the guns spawns to be reduced because me and my friend went looting at NWAF and found 2 scars with drum mags. I feel these need to super rare again because they are 308. weapons and on top of that drum mags are super easy to find. Which in terms makes it a whole 50 rounds of full automatic  cancer.

To be quite honest dayzrp is starting to feel more and more like a pub server with the addition of more and more mods. For example, The map mod, Traders, One tap weapons, rpgs, laws, Better walls mod (idk the name), and 50 round drum mags. There might have been more I missed but I think you get the point. I would rather it feel more vanilla like Livonia pre lore wipe than it feel more like a pub server.

• Sapphire

Other: i voted this because i think only the PKP and Scar because these are the only two that i see around ive been on a far few loot runs and havent seen a fal for a few weeks now

• Titanium

+1 to lowering spawn rates, though I know it's been fixed.

Edited by SGCAlamor