Server time (UTC): 2021-08-04 21:14

Dynamic Events - PLIKT / Contracts
STARTING SOON | 2021-08-04 21:30:00 (server time) | Starts in 15 minutes | Nyheim City

Removing Automatic guns of 308 and 7.62x54

groovy blisna

Remove Auto Weapons with a higher caliber than 308  

153 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Sapphire

Remove FALs, Scars, and the new PKP

50 rounder firearms with 1 shot capability are kinda... boring... being able to shoot a 7.62x54 lmg from the shoulder kinda immersion breaking.. just as the RPG and it’s absolutely abysmal animation. Yes we all rack our RPGs

Remove their existence or disable purchasebility and turn down spawn rate to same as the Barret 50 cal when that was around. as they are just as power in this game. and groups having more than 25 of them just seems kinda weird.

I just wanna go back to the days of just AKs of both variants. and the occasional m4 in this apocalyptical Russian state. i hate seeing so many 308 guns and shit. it just does not look good in roleplay. ive not seen the pkp but ive heard it has the same recoil as an m4 so its kinda weird...

discuss.

Edited by groovy blisna

.308 gaming is kinda meh... especially when everybody has one.

Back in the day it was a rare find to have a .308 rifle like the FAL or Socom. Most people used Ak's or M4's that meta was more fun IMO.

I think they should still be in the game but maybe remove them from the traders and turn down the spawn rates to make them not as common.

Edited by Mike
  • Sapphire

Scar go BURRRRRRRR 

For real though I think they need to make the spawn rate way lower because everyone and their grandmother has a full auto .308 gun these days

• Emerald

yes lower the spawn rate and disable the ability to buy them 

I believe there should simply be less of them on the server, seen a lot of them, more than I've seen an M4 or AK.

• Emerald

Hate to say it but i have to agree, please make rare guns rare again.

Dont see the fun in everyone having a FAL especially when its a 25 man group running the same gun at the same time 😴

• MVP

-1 Keep it the way it is imo. No need removing them. At least lower the spawn rate but I don't think these weapons should be removed from traders either.  And also, I don't find this boring at all and trust me there's a lot more shit in the game that is more immersion breaking than the hip firing LMG.  

To name a few:

• Floaties
  • Swimming pools
  • Squirt guns
  • Being able to carry a full size pig in a sack 

This list can go on and on but I really don't feel like making a spread sheet. Who cares if a 20 man squad rolls up with .308 caliber weapons. They just came prepared I would assume 😉 .

• Lore Master

I agree based on the fact I'd like to see @MaybeleleLR tears as he realises he needs to use an AK instead.

(For real tho, it is ridiculously overpowered, remove automatic .308)

• Emerald

Remove them from trader and make the guns actually valuable again sure, but remove them entirely? Bruh. Just because @DukeLR doesn't know how to shoot a gun, nevertheless with a .308, doesn't mean it needs to be removed.

• Administrator

+1 to the 3rd option, guns should be a hard thing to find which gives them even more of a value. I ain't trying to see a whole ass group of regular joe civis carrying Fals, Scars, and RPGs while chilling at a campfire. Ammo? Yea sure that can still be bought from traders, or maybe slowly we can implement a crafting for bullets since realistically it would get harder and harder to find boxes of rounds.

Are suggesting a balance change? 

I roll around with a cooking pot. 

what’s inside the cooking pot? Only bad people will find out. Lol. 

Pocket ak have drum mags. 

• Emerald

Yes, everyone runs around with fals or automatic 7.62 weapons as you said because its the meta, this isnt warzone tho. u don't need to run around with the mac10 class cause u cant use other weapons and it has a faster time to kill, should have it back to what it used to be where it would only spawn at heli crashes

• Sapphire

I like a challange but at the same time it would be kind of lame and promote loot rp to get the best weapons so i have to vote no.

Edited by Knight
  • Diamond

The Scar and Fal need to be completely removed from the trader, and the spawn rates really do need turning down. The fact it seems rarer to see someone with an AK variant or to even find an AK variant is really weird to me.

• Lore Master

No keep it like it is.

I love my PKP.

• MVP

All powerful weapons should be found only, not bought.

Also every dude walking around with a 50 round scar is kinda cringe

• Sapphire

image.png.4c887f06a6533b5cee9e7f4b1a2fac14.png

• Emerald

+1 to making the spawns less frequent for all .308 guns except hunting rifles imo. Plus the PKP should be extremely rare imo, if it's going to stay in the server. That thing has no recoil and hits like a train. 

• Emerald

Weapons like the SCAR, FAL and the PKP should be some of the most rarest guns on the map along with explosives like RPG's and Thumpers. I do miss the days when people would only use M4's and AK's with maybe a pistol for a backup but now these days everybody is running around with the most powerful weapons on the map along with explosives that can sometimes ruin the fun of firefights. 

I definitely think these weapons deserve to be in the game, as I'd find their absence more of an immersion breaker than seeing a large group all armed with FAL's (Or the less plausible but still possible SCAR 17) and the PKP definitely has a place, right next to all of the other Russian/Soviet weaponry. Although, the chance of finding one should be pretty low, if not for realism, balancing. Just my opinion though, I could very well be wrong about that.

• Administrator

Remove drum mags for FALs and the ability to purchase FALs from the traders. Keep the PKP but only allow one on the map at any time.

• Emerald

Remove all these weapons from trader. Having the traders deal pretty much everything really takes away the importance of these weapons 

Power weapons SHOULD be rare. 

But in all honesty, they are not. 50rnd FAL rifles can easily decimate 4-5 people. Same for the PKP and the SCAR. However, I feel this is a symptom of another problem - it is far, FAR too easy to obtain a plate carrier. 

IMHO, plate carriers should only be bought from the Western trader, and cost 1000. You see Joe Average civilian with a platey/pouches combo EVERYWHERE - it's usually refreshing to see someone use a ballistic vest or lightweight one. Too much armour = oversaturation of power weapons to effectively deal with them. 

On vanilla servers, plate carriers are incredibly rare, and so even weapons like the SKS, MP5K and even shotguns are super deadly. I say not only remove the FAL/SCAR/PKP from being purchased from the Trader, but also the 75 round AKM/AK-74 Magazines and the 50 round FAL too. Increase the cost of plate carriers to 1000 and make them western trader exclusive, and hopefully this will promote a varied PvP meta again.