Server time (UTC): 2021-08-03 10:24

Dynamic Events: "The Mutated.."
TODAY | 2021-08-03 19:00:00 (server time) | Starts in 8 hours, 35 minutes | Nyheim City

Allow dexamphetamine to be split

Allow dexamphetamine to be split  

41 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Sapphire

I don't know about you guys but personally I hate carrying around a full bottle of dexamphetamine. I think it would make sense if you could split the bottle so you can stash some away, or give half to your friend so you don't have to keep feeding him your bottle on long runs. You could also limit the amount split into something like halves or fourths, so you can't give 50 people 1 dex. 

If this can be done I think it would be a nice improvement. Let me know what you guys think. 

Edited by Colt

Carry around like 10 of those yellow sticks 

Edited by tz
  • Diamond

I would love this. It makes sense that you'd be able to take a few dex out of a bottle to stash away or give to someone. Especially now that we can combine bottles, or accidentally combine them when trying to swap them out. ;-;

+1 from me.

• MVP

I think this is a great suggestion. I wouldn't mind seeing this happen if possible. So +1 from me.

I voted no. 

Dexamphetemine is an incredibly powerful item, being able to spit it and give to all the members of a group is insanely strong, both in a PvP scenario but also in general movement. 

I could get behind this, only if there was a sharp decrease in the spawn rate of Dexamphetemine in game, where it's rarity offsets it's ability to be dished out like highly addictive candy. 

• Emerald

-1, ruins the whole vibe of it being really rare. And as Taffinator already said, its a really OP item, it being able to split will be OP.

It being stashable ruins the rarity of the item too, you die in a firefight and what do you lose ? Nothing. Because guns you can get at the trader and your dex is safe in your impenetrable base.

• Sapphire
56 minutes ago, Taffinator said:

Dexamphetemine is an incredibly powerful item, being able to spit it and give to all the members of a group is insanely strong, both in a PvP scenario but also in general movement.  

Like I said, we could limit the split to something like half. I don't think it would be that OP to be honest. 

• Legend
2 hours ago, Colt said:

Like I said, we could limit the split to something like half. I don't think it would be that OP to be honest. 

Double the number of people with unlimited sprint in a fight? Sure... not OP whatsoever lmao

In all seriousness even a split in half means that, in a fight, you have 2x the number of people that suffer no stamina drain. That's immensely significant.

• MVP

I would sooner see them removed completely, idk why we have infinite stamina potions

• Developer
24 minutes ago, cas said:

idk why we have infinite stamina potions

Originally added them just because I couldn't be fcked to run across chernarus for hours on end every time I wanted to RP (yes, this was indeed the actual reason). Then it kinda all got derailed when their amount got reduced and people realized that there were infinite stamina potions just lying around, and I couldn't find any for myself. Classic me.

Now that I'm back though, I think we can all agree that this infinite stamina potion experiment has gone on for too long.

• Diamond

Personally, I love dex. It's rare, it's a high-value item that new players usually have no idea even exist, and it's another way to make Chernarus smaller. It's pretty much the only item I would place any significant value on in the game. I'm actually excited when I find a bottle of dex or steal one from some poor bastard.

• Emerald
1 hour ago, Kerkkoh said:

Originally added them just because I couldn't be fcked to run across chernarus for hours on end every time I wanted to RP (yes, this was indeed the actual reason). 

This is still a pretty valid reason, especially given how unpredictable vehicles can be (due to the player's system set up, server issues, internet lag, general computer gremlins, etc) and the trend for players and groups to spread out that has been emphasized as of late. I wouldn't mind seeing the spawn rate reduced a bit, but keeping it around as a rare commodity will continue to make moving around for RP more accessible and less tedious for those who either don't have a vehicle or those who have issues driving (which, in my group, is at least three people for three different reasons).

• MVP

How about we just reduce dex to 10 pills per bottle instead of 50.

They're OP as fuck anyway

I don't like sharing my dex so nope.

• Owner

@Kerkkoh has implemented this and made some balancing changes as well:

• Dexamphetamine can now be split
  • Max stack size is 10, down from 50
  • Duration of the drug is now 30 seconds, down from 60

These changes will take effect in next DayZRP patch. Let us know what you think!