Server time (UTC): 2021-08-04 22:46

Western Trader Accessibility

RocJag

Western Trader Accessibility  

54 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Diamond

This one is fairly obvious. We all know how far and how long it takes to get to the western trader. It’s unfair how the Civ and Eastern trader are on the mainland so I see two solutions. Either A. Move the Western Trader to Kamyshovo or Krutoy Cap or boarding town. Or B. Build a bridge to the island

Edited by RocJag

I'm really not sure how I feel about this as the Western Trader sells arguably the best bear out of the three traders, but I mean who in there right mind wants to swim out to Skalisty so +1

• Game Master

Get your feet wet and earn that gear. 😄

I don't see an issue with it.

Western trader has the best gear. That comes at a risk, a short 10 minutes brisk swim. john wayne GIF
pop a dex 

• Sapphire

high tier loot shouldn't be easy access.

just swim

• Emerald

Personally I think all you 5.56 lovers need a bath anyways.

I am happy the way it is.

It's literally a 5 minute swim. It's not a massive hardship for the trader of the finest 5.56x45mm and .308 weapons and accessories. 

I used to be "make the Western Trader more accessible" but now I feel the short swim is a trade off.

• MVP

If you’re having trouble I recommend this video:

-1, just swim 🙂 it’s not too difficult to do

• Emerald

Gonna have to be a no for me. Access to what many people would consider as better and more exclusive gear should be a little bit harder to get. It isn't winter chernarus anymore so honestly, its not too hard to auto swim there. Its a decent payoff for being able to buy FALs, M4s, exclusive plate carriers and etc.

• Emerald

I sort of like how hard you have to work to get there. It definitely discourages just hoarding loot for the sake of selling it in large quantities, as you can only carry so much Western stuff while swimming over.

• Diamond

Where will all the little dogpigs get their exercise if they don't swim to get ammunition for  their grandfathers' M4s?

• Head Admin

Working as intended. It is supposed to be harder to reach.

Nah, I think it's well balanced.

• Emerald

During winter, when getting in water should have been a death sentence (if not for the new + buff on your temperature bar) I understood this arguement, but swimming out to the island is a minor inconvenience with the temperature raised as it is now (and with the + buff, not really an issue at all). Personally I think the Eastern military trader should be made just as inconvenient to get to as the Western trader, rather than the Western trader being made easier to access. 

• Owner

The trader was placed there intentionally, to limit access to highest end weapons and gear. The idea was that boats from Expansion would be used to travel there. However boats turned out to be a buggy mess and were removed. I am considering moving the western trader to Tulga which is still fairly inaccessible, but at least on mainland.

2 hours ago, Roland said:

The trader was placed there intentionally, to limit access to highest end weapons and gear. The idea was that boats from Expansion would be used to travel there. However boats turned out to be a buggy mess and were removed. I am considering moving the western trader to Tulga which is still fairly inaccessible, but at least on mainland.

How about making the Civilian trader in Tulga, and the Western trader where the Civilian trader currently is? It would make more sense thematically and area wise, and make the Civilian trader safer due to the lack of wolf spawns nearby. 

• Diamond

Work for that golden scar, good loot should not be easy to get 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Diamond

Plz close this thread

• Rover locked this topic
  • Game Master

Closed at OPs request