Server time (UTC): 2021-07-31 06:24

Lore Event - "The Scientists"
TODAY | 2021-07-31 19:00:00 (server time) | Starts in 12 hours, 35 minutes | Nyheim City

Anyone want to rebuild society

tripzkill

• Sapphire

Just seeing if anyone would be like to make a working community in Novo where we have local running a government in working order. I want to make one where it's a small community we would have our own system of government that we will make with trade and police/militia force, we will be starting from the ground up. As well I would to point out that this will be a heavy Chernarussian that would mean foreigners will be granted citizenship only under special circumstances. as well there will be some corruption where foreign would be treated as second class citizens. 

Edited by tripzkill
  • Sapphire

Are you up to speed with other happenings in the map? Currently there is a regional government being built. If you wish to issue a police force, a Chernarussian one is more than welcomed.

• Titanium

@Combine is the only and the best police in chernarus. Take his advices too

• Diamond

I call @groovy ducky for his POV as I saw him opperate a great Police group too. But I think the lore is past the point of Police regaining any control on the situation. But I think sone of the best RP was done by the police group with the RAC. 

Edited by PATRIOT
  • VIP

Chenarusian pd is so corupt anyways so 1. Swedish police force sent down a cop to teach them how to act and 2. I will gladly execute any police trying to take my guns from me especialy as Chameleon. Hell even Mikael might put up a fight for his guns.

• Diamond
9 minutes ago, EddieLR said:

+snip+

Spot on, IC Cops are funny sometimes corrupt and always a blast to play it is a game, OOC Haters gonna hate man again, we all hate corrupt assholes who are there to fuck over people and ignore their rights makes it alot harder for us good ones to actually help those who use our services daily. I could go on for hours about this topic. But simply put government hub RP is sometimes fun and always seems to make hostilities grow simmer and boil at some point.

I agree and think you should talk to @Pepsi He has some awesome lore centered events as Adam Zavat planned from what I hear.

If you wanna make it, then just go for it. No need for an OOC thread. Just take into consideration making a hub is gonna make you a target so hold on to that. 

Good luck and bring some traffic to another part of the map! 

• Emerald

I wouldn't mind seeing some Chernarussian Law enforcement come to life on the server, i think it could create interesting storylines if done right.

2 hours ago, EddieLR said:

Me personally, I support law enforcement and our military 100%. I don't support the corrupt cops and shit like that

2 hours ago, KermieSB said:

Spot on, IC Cops are funny sometimes corrupt and always a blast to play it is a game, OOC Haters gonna hate man again, we all hate corrupt assholes who are there to fuck over people and ignore their rights makes it alot harder for us good ones to actually help those who use our services daily.

Also gotta agree with these comments.

• Emerald

-STAFF SNIP-

To add my part to the actual topic: I'd love to see some enforcers trying to get some law and order back into place. If Im honest though, this never works to its full extend because we either have people being against it for RP reasons or just people filled with OOC hate, like this wonderful example.

But yes, I'd love to see it. Doing this will require alot of manpower to enforce any rules and a strong authority, good luck with it.

• MVP
59 minutes ago, Woodzie said:

If you wanna make it, then just go for it. No need for an OOC thread.

This. Was about to ask why a ooc thread is needed for this. Do an ic radio thread and ask for help or simply get active and follow up your plans icly.

• Diamond

Yes I do think we as a server should promote copaganda, any and all cops found IG will be protected by me.

• Diamond

- USER WAS WARNED FOR THIS POST - 

It would be cool to see another law enforcement group on the server, could probably have some good roleplay to come along with it!

• MVP

One advice I can give you is to find good PVPers. Without such you won't be able to uphold the law and your government zone will fail.

Edited by AndreyQ

I would like to see a form of Law Enforcement being formed, but would personally like to see it under the leadership of Adam Zavat and the backing of the Chernarussian People and see how that will go, as Zavat is in the perfect situation from a lore standpoint to make that happen without making it seem like it is just a bunch of LARPers.

Though I agree with some people in here that making this happen will be incredibly hard, as there are many groups in Chernarus now who could be considered their own Paramilitary Group and trying to do the usual things that the Police would do (Gun Laws, Building Permits, Taxation etc.) will be incredibly hard as just about everybody in Chernarus has enough Weapons and Explosives to start 3 World Wars and probably does not want them taken away.

If you do try it, Godspeed, cause you'll definitely need it.

• Sapphire

Look at all these players willing to do good stuff IG. Nice

• Sapphire

This is very difficult to do, but hey, you could always give it a shot. I would recommend looking at the previous attempts in previous lores to get some idea of how to structure these things. Usually alliances between groups works best. I'm pretty sure Vybor had once a police department, if I'm not mistaken.

2 hours ago, Blakeh08 said:

Also @cas (since I can't put a quote in an edit so I'm just going to @)   We get it you're ACAB supporter as it is in your BIO  but please for the sake of the community keep those type of views to yourself we get it you hate men and women who wear the uniforms to protect us day in and day out cause that is a yikes from me sir also would'nt that be a form of OOCH? cause you will deal with anyone who wants to run a police group ICLY? bruh.

Please don't derail the thread into discussions that could be taken to DMs. No need to virtue signal by doing it publicly and completely ignoring the point of the thread. People have already been punished for pushing their political ideas onto this community and this discussion should be left to Staff.

Edited by Angel
  • Emerald

Might as well add my view. I feel like whilst the government type rp has been attempted with both good and bad attempts. I will say that if you are willing to try and see it out to the end then I would say go for it. It is probably going to be difficult and won't go the way you most likely imagine it but if you genuinely want to give it a shot then 100% go for it. Also like @AndreyQ said, small tip is getting people who are willing to fight to actually enforce/protect your society.

Edited by UniiLR
  • Administrator

Having a functioning police like group where people don't gang on because "Oh you wanna take my guns?! Get shot!" would be great to see. I'm not saying to turn the server into a life server but having some kind of governmental police group that people will actually take seriously and listen to would be great to have. No matter where they come from, the boys in blue are needed to keep a nation safe.

👮‍♂️

Police forces are always a fun little bit for RP. Sometimes they can prove incredibly well done, and other times they're a chance novelty for amusement. Regardless, every nation has police forces for a reason, and it's not unlikely that particularly loyal and determined ones would attempt to reform and try to assist in re-establishing law.

And as we all know, police are like anyone else. Some good, some bad. Cops are required. To try and shut down attempts at making groups with police foundations simply because of a belief OOCly is outright counterproductive to an RP community such as this. People can make what they wish to make, and this place is no place for genuine hatred or intolerance.

• MVP

- USER WAS WARNED FOR THIS POST -

• Head Admin

Allright that's enough children.

This thread is literally:

Spider Man Reaction GIF

• Hofer locked this topic
  • Head Admin

Sad. Disappointed.

It's shameful how every single discussion thread has to end up in some sort of dick measuring contest where people have to try to fight each other over who gets rights to be the most edgy without getting any warning points, only to fail over and over again.

Grow the fuck up people. Seriously. Warning points will yet again have to be dealt out. Congratulations.

I'm sorry @tripzkill, but due to the massive derailing this thread has faced it will remain closed. If you want to see a police group set up talk to the Loremasters about it and they can help you out with the content you need to move forward with the idea.