Server time: 2017-10-20, 03:32
Safe Zone: OPEN

Sign in to follow this  
Rolle

rMod

Should we enable rMod on one of the servers?  

96 members have voted

1. 1. Should we enable rMod on one of the servers?

• Yes
    • No

Rolle    2951

There is a small mod for the DayZ servers that unlocks all the vehicles and skins blocked by default by DayZ. In order to use it it must be installed on both clients (you) and the server.

The mod is about 2MB big and only requires a slight modification to the startup line (works with DayZ Commander).

With rMod enabled we would be able to add and use skins like these:

http://www.dayzrp.com/images/other/skin.jpg

http://www.dayzrp.com/images/other/skin2.jpg

http://www.dayzrp.com/images/other/skin3.jpg

as well as all vehicles (no, we won't use tanks or jets):

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/ArmA_2:_Vehicles

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/ArmA_2_OA:_Vehicles

What do you think about enabling rMod on one of the servers? Will it brake the DayZ feeling or add some variety to the concept?

Zoarial    0

I'm all for it as long as i can donate so i can haz tank! lol jk yeah sounds awesome.

Guest Spesivtsev   
Guest Spesivtsev

I like the skins and all but the tanks and all the military vehicles are abit too far would be chaotic and fun but all in all would ruin it after a while

Rolle    2951

Obviously tanks, jets and other OP vehicles won't be available. But for example a humvee, police car or an ambulances would be a nice addition to vehicles that are already available.

i rlly like the skin idea, i dont know how many skins are available but it actually would help to recognize people abit. Maybe even make its stick to player ID so you can switch it only once a day?

Vehicles could be a nice addition and there should be enough that are not OP. humvee i think is abit over the top when you mean those with guns since its also very sturdy, however i could imagine some medical humvee´s without guns atall.

Also trucks with guns would be nice since i think they arent OP and fit well in the dayz scenario.

go for it i think everyone will like it =)

greetz

double.V

ps. please have a look at the golden revolver as rare weapon =)

Guest broosy   
Guest broosy

Skins look nice, maybe a bi plane as the only "plane" to be available from the list? its not OP or uses guns and such, just a way to see around the map from above, + people cant hide it inside forests as it needs a long straight strip of open area to land/take off.

Skins look nice, maybe a bi plane as the only "plane" to be available from the list? its not OP or uses guns and such, just a way to see around the map from above, + people cant hide it inside forests as it needs a long straight strip of open area to land/take off.

i would love to see a few of these tiny helicopter without guns theyre so cute. it could be great in helping people out in sticky situations since its not so hostile like the huey :D

greetz

double.V

cobalt    0

Medical vehicles, new player skins, and more helis wouldn't break the feel. It would allow people to further the role playing experience, customizing it to fit their needs. Good guys could have police cars, ambulances, medi humvees, etc. Also, more than just the gunships for heli choices would be EPIC. This mod could really use an extra shot of flavor, and I believe rmod is the best bet to inject a deeper level of gameplay.

Strangelove    0

Love the idea! The medics could drive around in ambulance etc etc, it would add even more to the Rp feeling. And as said, leave out tanks and other OP vehicles.

More choppers would be nice! But not too many, it still needs to feel sought after and hard to obtain!

The UH60 medevac chopper and chinook would be supercool the medevac would really add to roleplaying, evacing people and stuff

MRKappen    0

I like the skins and all but the tanks and all the military vehicles are abit too far would be chaotic and fun but all in all would ruin it after a while

+1

New skins and civilian vehicles (included Police car and Ambulance) are ok for me :)

Strategos    0

"but the tanks and all the military vehicles are abit too far would be chaotic and fun but all in all would ruin it after a while"

This is why you shouldn't use votes to decide things ;)

Vik    0

If you add the humvee I will be the first one who donates for it :)

Livs    0

"but the tanks and all the military vehicles are abit too far would be chaotic and fun but all in all would ruin it after a while"

This is why you shouldn't use votes to decide things ;)

What's your point? Rolle already stated that there will be no overpowered vehicles spawned.

Obviously tanks' date=' jets and other OP vehicles won't be available. But for example a humvee, police car or an ambulances would be a nice addition to vehicles that are already available. [/quote']

Clintbet    0

I expect we still have to donate to switch skins though, right :) and about the new vehicles, do they get respawn-points like the old ones?

I'm all for rMod!

And while we're at it - there are other mods that allow things like jumping (limited! nothing like bunnyjumping, don't worry), interested?

Guest StupidGod   
Guest StupidGod

No way, i want to play only in original DayZ.

I think car what already in game quite enough.

Guest GamerHead   
Guest GamerHead

I think rMod would be a nice way for the server to get a more in depth roleplay experience. Also, it would add somewhat extra security by making people install rMod on top of their original!

Mateus    0

One question: With only DayZ mode we still have n glitches. Wouldn't rMod increase the glitches?