Server time (UTC): 2022-06-28 15:56

STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATION? Post here

Whitename

• MVP

Hello, it seems our MSF-C removal solution has reduced crashing, but has not fixed it.

If you have crashed due to "STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATION", please post the following:

- Nvidia or Ryzen?
- Intel or AMD?
- Location of crash
- Does the crash exit mention the 0xC0000005 memory location? It may also say 3221225477 or -1073741819
- Edit: Not necessary anymore
- What were you doing before the crash? Standing there, in a fire fight, etc.

If you crash due to other errors, besides "STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATION", this is not related to the bug I am working on. Try relaunching DayZ, verifying your files, the normal shit. If that doesn't work create a troubleshooting thread.

Potential fixes:

Spoiler

Edit: none confirmed at this time

Thank you! I will be recording these and looking for patterns and more potential fixes in the coming days.

• Legend

- NVIDIA.
- Intel.
- RAC Base, Berezino
- 0xC0000005.
- Off.
- I was walking with a backpack in my hands.

Guest Generic Name

I crashed twice in Berezino today as well, had never crashed since the lore wipe, or for the last year for that matter.

• Nvidia
  • Intel
  • Berezino x2
  • "STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATION" crash both times, I don't know the code since I didn't take note of it and only saw this thread later
  • First crash I was just talking to someone, no item interaction or in hand. The second time it happened as I opened a garage door IIRC.

Might be worth adding that I hadn't crashed in over a year prior to this.

Edited by Generic Name
  • Emerald

Am I the only one not getting the error message and its associated hexadecimal code? My game simply just crashes and then automatically closes with no additional error message boxes.

Another proposed solution I've found online is to use DayZSALauncher. Not sure how the hell that fixes anything but alas.

You're right, DayZSALauncher doesn't fix jack shit. I've been exclusively using it for the past week and I've been affected by the crashes as much as everyone else.

Edited by groovy harlow

I had this crash before the recent wipe, quite often. So far I haven't gotten it again. I did get kicked to the main menu with no error message, once, after picking up an MRE. With that in mind:

-Nvidia
-Intel
-Multiple places, seemed random. Twice at the big Novo city before entering it (So I moved away from it)
-MFAA is off
-Probably had the RPK or ORSIS in my hands

Edited by Misty
  • MVP
  • GPU: AMD R9-290.
  • CPU: Intel i5-4690.
  • Location: Severograd, on the train tracks on the south side of the town.
  • Error message: 0xC0000005, see picture below.
  • Nvidia control panel: Not applicable. 
  • What I was doing: I was walking along the train tracks, overlooking the town, watching a truck drive through the town.

image.png.4cf725d98c8453bfe97ce19465f63ec6.png

Edited by Dino
  • MVP
9 hours ago, groovy harlow said:

Am I the only one not getting the error message and its associated hexadecimal code? My game simply just crashes and then automatically closes with no additional error message boxes.

You're right, DayZSALauncher doesn't fix jack shit. I've been exclusively using it for the past week and I've been affected by the crashes as much as everyone else.

Dunno why it wouldn't provide an error message, this is likely a different issue.

We have more fixes coming, tyvm for everybody's patience with this issue ?

• MVP

Good news! It seems like crashing has returned to normal "DayZ being DayZ" levels!

Thread locked. Thank you for the patience :) 

• Whitename locked and unpinned this topic