Server time (UTC): 2023-06-06 13:34

AmmoMaking

Trijim

Should AmmoMaking be added in?  

35 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Sapphire

Hello gamers, Saw this cool mod and would like to know if you guys would like it to be added in

The mod is AmmoMaking, It adds in a workbench (Ammo Press) and you must collect the materials needed to make the bullets such as casings/tips, gunpowder, etc. One thing I'd like to propose is not to make it craftable, but instead have an area dedicated to making Ammo. For example: BaseBuildingPlus has the static Cement Mixers at certain locations, so instead of crafting the bench, it can be put at certain areas where it can be controlled. 

TLDR: Add AmmoMaking but making it static instead of crafting the workbench

Link to the mod: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1934466732

Heres a google doc further explaining the mod: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1zWOR6QbCyV2V3VRiW8bXKGvpB2qwoKqethXlEd3NUCk/edit

Edited by Trijim
  • Diamond

Nawww that’s too much work. I played on a server that had that and the process was complicated and not enough people used it to justify having another mod.

Edited by Poster
  • Legend

While certainly a nice mod, I don't think it would fit in with the server.

Guest Generic Name

Maybe if ammo was actually scarce, but I doubt anyone's going to even use this considering bullets are so easy to get.

• MVP

I like the idea, however the loot table would have to be revamped to accommodate, rifle calibres would have to be made very rare so that there is an incentive to make them yourself

Maybe also down the road after the lorewipe? When ammunition eventually would be scarce? 

• MVP
1 hour ago, Ducky said:

I like the idea, however the loot table would have to be revamped to accommodate, rifle calibres would have to be made very rare so that there is an incentive to make them yourself

Maybe also down the road after the lorewipe? When ammunition eventually would be scarce? 

Me and @Trijim were discussing this earlier as a concept for RP down the road, when RP would eventually become scarce and we can add static ammo workbenches that can work as key points for groups to take control of to either control the spread of ammo or sell it etc etc

• Legend
17 minutes ago, Harvey said:

Me and @Trijim were discussing this earlier as a concept for RP down the road, when RP would eventually become scarce and we can add static ammo workbenches that can work as key points for groups to take control of to either control the spread of ammo or sell it etc etc

Yea exactly. At the beginning ammo could spawn as normal but then slowly week by week/ month by month the spawn rate for bullets could be lowered and replaced with the resources needed to make bullets for this mod. I'd love to see this mod put in tho, could give more of a reason not to just waste ammo.

Guest Generic Name
49 minutes ago, Inferno said:

Yea exactly. At the beginning ammo could spawn as normal but then slowly week by week/ month by month the spawn rate for bullets could be lowered and replaced with the resources needed to make bullets for this mod. I'd love to see this mod put in tho, could give more of a reason not to just waste ammo.

That's a very sensible and immersive idea.

• Legend

Only problem I could see with this mod is more of a rp problem. I feel like a majority of people would just create the bullets without knowledge icly on how to do it, like people tend to do anyways with the cars, old base building, weapon usage etc etc.... Myself included. Not really a big deal tbh but always a worry.

Otherwise this would be a cool mod to implement later on down the road. At the moment though I'm going to say no.

• Sapphire

I am not against this concept, however.

If somehow possible there should be a difference between military grade ammo and makeshift one. Makeshift one doing a lot less damage and causing ocassional malfunctions for the gun.

Bullets should also only be craftable for some certain designated characters, would be interessting to have factions fight over human resources.

For all this to work, ammo spawns would need to be reduced drastically, otherwise there is no point in any of this.

Edited by groovy patz
  • Diamond

I know how to make ammo in real life and it's a tedious process that if done wrong can lead to severe consequences and not even I know everything there is to know about reloading. I've made some mistakes. This seems like a great mod to add but I do agree, it should be later down the road. 

1L1IeO8.gif.11eecc1c8a48a95e4bda6a3a0495b678.gif

• Sapphire
5 minutes ago, groovy patz said:

I am not against this concept, however.

If somehow possible there should be a difference between military grade ammo and makeshift one. Makeshift one doing a lot less damage and causing ocassional malfunctions for the gun.

Bullets should also only be craftable for some certain designated characters, would be interessting to have factions fight over human resources.

For all this to work, ammo spawns would need to be reduced drastically, otherwise there is no point in any of this.

That would be the idea. When I wrote up the suggestion, I had forgotten that point to include into the suggestion, but Inferno and Harvey were able to sum it up perfectly. Lowering ammo spawns over time would be immersive and would allow those to find the parts to make said bullets. One thing I had forgot to mention is to lower the spawn rates to find the materials to make bullets, as in a Zombie Apocalpyse, it would be hard to find gunpowder, sulfur, or even the tools needed to make the casings or put it all together. I agree with the sentiment "Down the road this would be a good mod to have", as time would have passed in the server which would make stuff rarer or harder to obtain. 

• Sapphire
2 hours ago, Trijim said:

That would be the idea. When I wrote up the suggestion, I had forgotten that point to include into the suggestion, but Inferno and Harvey were able to sum it up perfectly. Lowering ammo spawns over time would be immersive and would allow those to find the parts to make said bullets. One thing I had forgot to mention is to lower the spawn rates to find the materials to make bullets, as in a Zombie Apocalpyse, it would be hard to find gunpowder, sulfur, or even the tools needed to make the casings or put it all together. I agree with the sentiment "Down the road this would be a good mod to have", as time would have passed in the server which would make stuff rarer or harder to obtain. 

It's easy to find gunpowder, just take the ten boxes of .380 auto you have lying around, seperate the projectile from the casing, dump out all of the gunpowder and there you have it, gunpowder.

You can easily reuse casings to make more rounds, you just need to melt down new led projectiles, or find some. As well as the fact you need primers and those aren't reusable.

In the end, you should be able to scrap ammo for its gunpowder, the reward varying in the size of the cartridge. you can reuse casings, but primers and projectiles would have to be a spawning item.

Edited by Finn