Server time (UTC): 2023-06-07 11:23

Dynamic Events
TODAY | 2023-06-07 19:30:00 (server time) | Starts in 8 hours, 6 minutes

Would this be a nice suggestion to the server?

Add these mods?  

67 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Greetings, 

I feel that dayZ in general could have a more so to say value of life improvement while it comes to different typ of zombie visual looks. Knowing that a lore wipe is coming I had a thought and wanted to show a couple of mods from the workshop. Also I added a personal favorite mod that I think you guys might like! 

CreepyZombies

This mod adds visual damage to all vanilla zombies, making them more creepy.
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1866298408&searchtext=zombie

PSR2_NewZombie_Pack

Different types of zombie modes ( some look a bit off, but that is a matter of tast ? ) 

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1838477746

Infected Wolf

This is a RE-TEXTURING of canis lupus grey into an infected version. Comes complete with gore, moldy fur and some open wounds.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1709502410&searchtext=zombie+WOLFS

SkinInfected

Adds ability to skin and quarter Infected.
Infected yields:

infected meat, which has some toxicity.

Guts.

Infected skin, can be crafted into an infected skin-vest,infected skin-pants or infected skin-jacket with rope/sewingkit/leathersewingkit.

Infected mask.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1668199233&searchtext=zombie+skin

Season 6 Thoughts GIF by ABC Network

• MVP

I think you need a poll in mod suggestions these days, but alas. I'm not tooooooo bothered about the visuals and see them more as clutter on the server which could cause more instability. As for this:

7 minutes ago, Shiro said:

PSR2_NewZombie_Pack

Different types of zombie modes ( some look a bit off, but that is a matter of tast ? ) 

image.png.5ecc82f959cf65618953889d404b5d55.png

that's a weird ass lookin' zombie. Pass on my end.

• Diamond

Most all of the zombies in the New Zombies pack look seriously out of place. I do like the infected wolves though, kind of looks like they have mange or something.

• MVP

It's a survival roleplay server, not a horror movie ?

Once LW hits you can read it and determine if these mods fit

• MVP

skin infected looks nice

the rest is shit

• Diamond

I like the infected and wolves as they are at this moment. Skinning and eating the infected would make sense that you could do that, but I don't see why you would do that.

Also /Added poll

• Legend

If any of these were to be added, I'd say only add SkinInfected.

• Diamond

im all for trying things, if they break the server and/or are just boring and shit, scrap it.

Ive always thought weve needed a vareity of infected, but i know for a fact that the new TANK zombies cause proximity crashes.

its not just grenades for people who think that

• Legend

Theres are so painfully cheesy and so out of place - what did the infection hit during halloween and everyone is zombies in their halloween costumes? ?

big fat -1 for me

• MVP

I think I will have to say -1 on these mods for me. Some may like them but I don't think they look good at all imo. I mean if I woke up in a low budget horror flick then it may make sense but looking at these mods, some of them are kinda laughable ?

• Diamond

+1 for skin infected, the others are just either out of place or very low texture and embarrassing to look at lmao 

• Titanium

Skin Infected could be a thing after a while into the new lorewipe, adding it straight away won't work.

The others are a fat nope.

• Diamond

voted no to all, just looks like a shockingly bad group of mod's

• Legend

Practically none of these will make sense in the new lore that is coming out.

• Emerald

All these mods are kinda trash, especially the skin infected one.

• Diamond

I looked them over and am not really a fan of them to be honest. If you look at the 'Updated' part as well you'll see that 3 of these mods have not been touched since 2019 which is a pretty good indicator that the mod has probably been abandoned by the author. 

• MVP

I like CreepyZombies, but that's it really.

I personally don't think that the other mods fit DayZ, especially DayZRP, and think that they would look really out of place. The SkinInfected maybe, but then again, why the hell would anyone make clothing out of the skin of the infected when there is so much clothing readily available throughout the world (game).

• MVP

I don't feel as if any of these mods fit together with the kind of server that we're running. The wolves maybe but at the same time not really.
Good suggestions though!

Voted no. 
The decayed zombies and the infected wolves are the only mods that are actually made properly, but I don't think any of these 2 would fit with the new lore and how the infection might work in the new lore. As for the other mod, it's just a low effort port of various models, not really something I would take seriously.

Now the crafting thing, is an interesting mechanic, but I don't think many people would even bother to use it. People want leather crafting from animals, and not from zombies more.