Server time (UTC): 2023-06-07 12:23

Dynamic Events
TODAY | 2023-06-07 19:30:00 (server time) | Starts in 7 hours, 6 minutes

Rule 3.2 Violation NVFL

DownhillPlagueX

• Diamond

Server and location: Chernarus, Krasnostav SE corner/road of town square

Approximate time and date of the incident (SERVER TIME): approximately 0700 (0200 CENTRAL TIME) on 04MAY20

Your in game name: Jack Mason

Names of allies involved: @Sloth680 @Anthony Kilo 

Name of suspect/s: UNK

Friendly/Enemy vehicles involved (if any): N/A

Additional evidence? (video/screenshot): N/A

Detailed description of the events: I was radio'd by my aforementioned allies about a suspicious individual in the town center that they wanted me to talk to.  I approached the man who was already talking with @Sloth680 and @Anthony Kilo.  The man wasn't answering questions fully and more importantly seemed 'sketchy'.  I told him I was going to cuff/search him for security purposes then after the search return any items to him and release him.  He equipped his AK off his back and started jogging SE stating "I'll just leave town then". The three of us equipped our weapons and I called out "hey stop!". The man turned around and shot me then was immediately killed by @Sloth680 and @Anthony Kilo.  This is a 3.2 violation for NVFL.  When three armed men with weapons in-hand are facing you, turning around and shooting clearly is disregard for your own life; which was proved when this man was immediately killed.

• Legend

Connection Logs:

Spoiler

06:34:44 | Player "Jack Mason" is connected
06:45:25 | Player "Jack Mason" has been disconnected

03:09:13 | Player "Anthony Kilo" is connected
06:50:39 | Player "Anthony Kilo" has been disconnected
06:52:18 | Player "Anthony Kilo" is connected
07:19:49 | Player "Anthony Kilo" has been disconnected

04:02:56 | Player "Bill Getter" is connected
06:50:39 | Player "Bill Getter" has been disconnected
06:55:53 | Player "Bill Getter" is connected
07:20:48 | Player "Bill Getter" has been disconnected

05:49:21 | Player "Andrzej Jaroslaw" is connected
06:50:39 | Player "Andrzej Jaroslaw" has been disconnected

Hit Logs:

06:40:14 | Player "Jack Mason" hit by Player "Andrzej Jaroslaw" with AKM from 2.73797 meters 
06:40:14 | Player "Jack Mason" hit by Player "Andrzej Jaroslaw" with AKM from 3.03641 meters 
06:40:14 | Player "Jack Mason" hit by Player "Andrzej Jaroslaw" with AKM from 3.18762 meters 
06:40:15 | Player "Andrzej Jaroslaw" hit by Player "Anthony Kilo" with PPSKN42 from 10.4883 meters 
06:40:17 | Player "Andrzej Jaroslaw" hit by Player "Bill Getter" with PPSKN42 from 8.00025 meters 
06:40:17 | Player "Andrzej Jaroslaw" hit by Player "Anthony Kilo" with PPSKN42 from 9.34318 meters 
06:40:22 | Player "Andrzej Jaroslaw" hit by Player "Bill Getter" with PPSKN42 from 1.30104 meters 
06:40:24 | Player "Andrzej Jaroslaw" hit by Player "Anthony Kilo" with PPSKN42 from 1.5894 meters 

Kill Logs:

06:40:14 | Player "Jack Mason" (DEAD) killed by Player "Andrzej Jaroslaw" with AKM from 3.18762 meters 
06:40:17 | Player "Andrzej Jaroslaw" (DEAD) killed by Player "Bill Getter" with PPSKN42 from 8.00025 meters

Calling in:
@DownhillPlagueX | Jack Mason | OP
@Anthony Kilo | Anthony Kilo | POSTED
@Sloth680 | Bill Getter | POSTED
@Blisna | Andrzej Jaroslaw | POSTED

for their full and detailed POVs, as well as any unedited video evidence they may have.

So im apart of the Defending team if you could say, I Met the man at Town Square where he said his name was, Dimitri Dragunov I believe. We knew that was a fake name surely after because that seemed made up. So I radioed Jack to come on as he is apart of the main security force that guards the town. He said " Were just gonna cuff u and see if you are lying" keep in mind theres 3 people on our side with us, so with that being said the man said im just gonna leave town then. As he said that we jogged with him for a bit and told him to hold still so we can talk, gun out but not pointing. He flips around and guns down Jack in the process while me and Bill put him down. Before me met him he was being sketchy from the start, his gun was out and he was giving us half answers so we had to investigate further

Edited by Anthony Kilo

I am part of the defenders rights. 
I was alongside jack and kilo at the time
A new commer came along our town and we started talking to him Very kind and very good decent roleplay from both sides.
Jack kindly said in no hostile way, "hey were going to handcuff you pat you down, were not goona take anything from you just checking to make sure youre not hiding anything, and you can get on your way through town" 
Or something along those lines.
The man said ill just leave then , Jack said no no come back here real quick dude pulled gun and opened fire on jack as then myself and kilo took our guns out took aim and fired. 
Dealing lethal damage to the attacking side. Seconds after if not instantaniously as he pulled his weapon and took the first shot effectively killing jack. 

He had no value for life as there were 3 of us and one of him.
As well as firing upon 3 people is not likely going to end in his favor. 

Edited by Sloth680
  • Legend

@Anthony Kilo, I'd like to ask a question for clarification, as there is some discrepancy.

When you say, 

23 minutes ago, Anthony Kilo said:

we jogged with him for a bit and told him to hold still so we can talk

who, by name, issued the command to stop/halt/get back here/etc.?

• Sapphire

right. So basically entered town just to look about. Ran into some people cant remember the names. asked for soup. got some soup. @DownhillPlagueX told me they had to do some security check and had to cuff me. I said well might as well leave town cause like i dont wanna do that. @DownhillPlagueX was the only person to initiate on me so i killed him and then the other 2 just started shooting without initiating. I had no idea that the other two were involved in trying to take me down so from my prospective it was a 1v1 situation. Thanks for reading

• Legend
6 hours ago, DownhillPlagueX said:

The three of us equipped our weapons and I called out "hey stop!". The man turned around and shot me then was immediately killed by @Sloth680 and @Anthony Kilo.  This is a 3.2 violation for NVFL.  When three armed men with weapons in-hand are facing you, turning around and shooting clearly is disregard for your own life; which was proved when this man was immediately killed.

4 hours ago, Blisna said:

@DownhillPlagueX was the only person to initiate on me so i killed him and then the other 2 just started shooting without initiating. I

@DownhillPlagueX, @Blisna - What was the initiation? "Hey stop!" while pointing weapons at Blisna?

• Sapphire

Something along the lines of we are going to cuff, I walk off, told to halt , gun pointed . @Rover can’t remember been a couple days

Edited by Blisna
  • Diamond
6 hours ago, Rover said:

@DownhillPlagueX, @Blisna - What was the initiation? "Hey stop!" while pointing weapons at Blisna?

I guess you could say that three of us wanting to search him via handcuffs or me yelling out “hey stop!” is the initiation. But a clear cut “Hands up or die!” or something along those lines was never stated any any of the 4 of us involved in this situation. I also would like to  make clear that no one was pointing weapons at anyone. @Blisna didn’t want to be searched so he pulled his weapon and started jogging so in response the three of us pulled out our weapons. A weapon was not raised until I was shot.

• Legend

Verdict:

@Blisna - [NVFL / Ruleplay] - Guilty. // [Invalid Kill (Roleplayed)] - Inconclusive.
@Anthony Kilo - [Invalid Kill (Roleplayed)] - Inconclusive.
@Sloth680 - [Invalid Kill (Roleplayed)] - Inconclusive.

Explanation:

To summarise, 3 people try to stop @Blisna in his tracks as they wish to search him. They have been roleplaying for a few minutes when he says he is going to leave instead, an unknown series of events happens involving weapons being drawn before Blisna opens fire on @DownhillPlagueX. DownhillPlagueX's friends, who were present, both turn and kill Blisna.

@Blisna the GM team went extensively over positional logs for this situation. 3 minutes before this went down you and the OP's party are all within 4 meters of each other. You roleplay for a few minutes, all within a few meters of one another. At the point in which you open fire for the "initiation" you manage to get 7 meters away from the group of 3 people. By your own POV you recognise guns being drawn and knew they had multiple automatics in the area. Position logs and your own POV clarify this. Your OOC knowledge of the rules on dynamic groups does not give you the capability to ignore what is happening ICly. In this case you have 3 armed hostiles against you and are alone (clear from the logs). You are instantly cut down the second you kill the OP. You playing exactly by the rules in this situation got you killed, as would make sense ICly. Icly, for all you know, this is an approved group that will likely kill you for shooting one of their friends. You chose to not comply to 3 armed hostiles with the likelihood of getting killed instead of prioritising roleplay. Due to being outnumbered with little chance to escape, and purely prioritising your knowledge of the rules over what makes sense through roleplay, you will be found guilty of both No Value for Life and Ruleplay. 

Regarding any form of invalid kill, it is unclear exactly what happened. We are unsure if there was an initiation due to conflicting POVs or if Blisna opened fire prematurely. @Anthony Kilo, @Sloth680 please keep in mind had there been evidence @DownhillPlagueX initiated, you would both have been found guilty of Invalid Kill. You are dynamic meaning when one of you initiates you do not gain defender rights from the retaliation. You are the attackers in that scenario, meaning you would ALL need to initiate to gain valid attacker rights. Please keep this in mind in future, as your confusion surrounding this needs working on, else you'll find yourselves getting punished. You were fortunate this case was inconclusive.

Outcome:

@Blisna - [NVFL & Ruleplay] - Punishment: 5 ban days, 10 warning points. Character Reset & Character Permanently killed.

Signed by: @Para, @Eddie & @Job.