Server time (UTC): 2023-06-07 22:41

Change the Kuru laugh mechanic.

Syx

• Emerald

I feel like when people hear the Kuru laugh they cant help but to meta game even if they try not to, I dont know if this would be possible, but the Kuru laugh should be removed from eating human meat, and instead should be an option on the emote table, kind of like the cough and sneeze mechanic, that way they can make their character giggle when they want to, and this would also give people who haven't eaten human meat the option to giggle if they are playing a character that might be psycho and not necessarily a cannibal. This would also help get rid of the unintentional meta gaming from the laugh as anyone would be able to do it, cannibal or not, thoughts?

Edited by Sixy

Maybe just don't eat the meat using the IG mechanics? Carry it, hold it, wave it, throw it, display it, punch it, textRP that you're eating it and voila.

*takes a bite of the steak*

Edited by DerrickStorm
  • MVP

Don't know why it wasn't removed already. It's just annoying.

• Emerald
51 minutes ago, DerrickStorm said:

Maybe just don't eat the meat using the IG mechanics? Carry it, hold it, wave it, throw it, display it, punch it, textRP that you're eating it and voila.

*takes a bite of the steak*

I see where you're coming from, and I agree. I was just thinking that some people might like the immersion of being able to eat or it being able to use the laugh for their character whenever they would like to. I always thought the best way to go about doing it was just to RP it out as well, but then that kind of makes the whole Kuru unnecessary for the server, and should just be removed entirely.  I was just thinking this could be a way to keep the feature for people that might potentially want to be able to do the laugh, But I guess RPing it out is just the way to go right now.  

Edited by Sixy
  • Legend

Kinda agree with taking it out. I think the discovery of human meat on somebody should be the giveaway they're a cannibal, not a stupid laugh.

• Emerald

The fact that its still in the game and you have to act like it doesnt exist means it should probably be taken out.

+1 from me

• Diamond

I would agree that the laugh needs to be added to the emote wheel for sure. 

However, where I disagree is to remove it as a function when you eat human meat. Like already stated, if you don't want the laugh then don't actually eat the meat and just text RP it. But to get rid of it would be like saying lets get rid of the sneezing and coughing when you are sick because i want to sneeze and cough when I want to do it.

The laughing is a symptom of kuru. If you feel that people metagame when you have the laugh then report them. If we add the laugh to the wheel and players who RP as maniacs can use it, then maybe it will get rid of the stigma behind jumping to conclusions on who is a cannibal when they hear the laugh.  

• Emerald
2 hours ago, cjackson821 said:

I would agree that the laugh needs to be added to the emote wheel for sure. 

However, where I disagree is to remove it as a function when you eat human meat. Like already stated, if you don't want the laugh then don't actually eat the meat and just text RP it. But to get rid of it would be like saying lets get rid of the sneezing and coughing when you are sick because i want to sneeze and cough when I want to do it.

The laughing is a symptom of kuru. If you feel that people metagame when you have the laugh then report them. If we add the laugh to the wheel and players who RP as maniacs can use it, then maybe it will get rid of the stigma behind jumping to conclusions on who is a cannibal when they hear the laugh.  

I agree, if it is in the emote wheel then it would get rid of the meta game problem because anyone would be able to do it, however if adding it to the emote wheel is not an option I think it should be removed entirely.

• Emerald

I mean, you guys are talking about taking out a literal symptom of a real life illness. Should we take away throwing up from over-eating because it's annoying too?

If you don't like the mechanic, don't eat humans. The reality is that Kuru causes uncontrollable laughter, crying, muscle spasms, and other uncontrollable bodily effects. Keyword: Uncontrollable. If we have an actual game mechanic in based on an actual real life illness, why would we change this snippet of realism for convenience? 

• MVP
2 minutes ago, Phatal said:

I mean, you guys are talking about taking out a literal symptom of a real life illness. Should we take away throwing up from over-eating because it's annoying too?

If you google this real life illness and you might actually find out how rare it is and how it only comes from eating a human brain containing prions. So nothing to do with the actual meat.

• Legend

We call it metagaming when people use that knowledge in-character, I'd love to see it removed.

• Sapphire

I don't know why it hasn't been removed yet, too many people just metagame and act like they are a professional in mental issues. On the other hand, people will just metagame the human steak since it has a different model than all other steaks... in reality you would have no idea if it was human or not. 

Would removing the laugh make it easier for cannibals to play their character? Yes. Would it stop meta for cannibals completely? No.

I say remove it regardless.

• Diamond
2 hours ago, AndreyQ said:

If you google this real life illness and you might actually find out how rare it is and how it only comes from eating a human brain containing prions. So nothing to do with the actual meat.

It’s still a video game. Zombies don’t exist but we aren’t petitioning to have them removed. 

• Diamond
3 hours ago, cjackson821 said:

Zombies don’t exist

YET

I agree. Cannibals already have a hard time with meta anyway. Even if people don't mean to, it's hard not to feel uncomfortable when you're around someone you know has kuru. Most people would be looking for the first chance they get to leave the situation, or engage in hostile RP when they otherwise wouldn't. Definitely should be removed, but I also think it should be added to the emote wheel. It would be interesting to see people roleplay as an insane person using the laugh like the joker or something. 

• El Presidente

I would love to remove it, just don't know how yet ? Will have to dig into disease scripts. Last time I was in there to reduce cold symptoms it was a mess, DayZ devs complicated this game mechanic as much as they could with things like disease agents, symptom triggers and what not.

• Legend
2 hours ago, Roland said:

I would love to remove it, just don't know how yet ? Will have to dig into disease scripts. Last time I was in there to reduce cold symptoms it was a mess, DayZ devs complicated this game mechanic as much as they could with things like disease agents, symptom triggers and what not.

\scripts\4_World\Classes\PlayerModifiers\Modifiers\diseases\BrainDisease.c

image.png.b308b6b15006f10a632729507b54051f.png

Throw that in and no more laughter ❤️ 

• Diamond

Would love to get the kuru removed, the human flesh was the only reason Kamanici survived the admin building attack.

Edited by Eagle
  • Event Master
3 hours ago, Kerkkoh said:

image.png.b308b6b15006f10a632729507b54051f.png

#Kerkkoh4dev

• El Presidente
3 hours ago, Kerkkoh said:

Thank you senpai, will be included in next patch.

• Sapphire

Please remove coughing altogether too, shit is annoying ?