Server time: 2017-08-20, 17:31

Sign in to follow this  
nick

Guild to No KoS lifestyle

nick    0

After a few weeks of playing on RP servers, and listening to shout box, reading reports, and filing reports, it seems about 70-80% of the KoS issues can be easily solved. Here's our clan's short and sweet "Guide To Friendly Meets and Hostile Takeovers. RP style"

Learn to Communicate:

1) You generally log in in "GROUP CHANNEL" it seems NOONE can communicate through group channel, so remember, switch to DIRECT CHANNEL: People will hear you, people will see you type.

2) If you are a friendly, do not just run up on people. Think of this, most players come here because they are paranoid of others, OR like me sick of regularly dieing at anytime for no apparent reason. Realize in the real world, you wouldnt just run up on some1 wielding a weapon and expect they would greet you with open arms. Approach from a distance slowly with weapon pointed DOWN. If they are hostile, either way you'd get shot anyways, but if they are friendly like most of server, they generally will stop and see what is going on. Friendly behavior usually is greeted by friendly behavior

3) when running into buildings or around a corner of a room, if you see someone a quick "hello" is usually a solid sign of a friendly. Maybe you're super paranoid, and you can run in saying "friendly friendly" IF they say ANYTHING like slow down and drop your weapons, or DONT MOVE, i dont care who you are, DONT MOVE is an AGGRESSIVE phrase, and IMO should be shot instantly.

4) Identify the visual person. You see a guy with a AKM. Rather than randomly saying something, be smart, I do this every-time i want to establish im friendly OR they have nothing to worry about. "AKM, you with AKM, im friendly... You?" "Hello. AKM, friendly" and if you're paranoid OR think they wont hear you try this "woah AKM slow down, you a friendly" If you ask some1 to slow down they usually do one of two things, they slow and stop = almost ALWAYS friendly. They look around panicked = 50/50 chance. Now if they keep running in same path way, you can bet they didnt hear you. IF they stop go to a sudden crouch, and start a circular motion, that's an aggressive motion, usually they are "looking for the target" Its a military tactical move, proceed with caution.

5) Be "heard" if you are a bandit being all polite and nice, asking please drop your weapons, please stop running. You are a fraud and punk and should go back to regular servers where you wont last 10 minutes. I saw a video of some "bandits" asking for someone to please get out of vehicle, please drop weapons. These are not bandits. These are players that are "split second bandits" They cant actually play bandit, so they take advantage of players usually not aware of their surroundings. Alot of the "stop or i shoot" players fall into category. If you want to play hostile, be hostile. DEMAND what you want, be aggressive, be loud, be harsh, be mean, try and actually play RP bandit, not some passive pussy player that images you IRL. Playing soft spoken and all friendly thief is using the rules in an uncreative manor. Now don't get me wrong, you don't HAVE to be an asshole, we do because its easier to know you ARE getting robbed/shot/ etc etc, you don't have to guess with us. You can be stern and still be nice, just skip the whole "good guy bandit" act, its lame and on THESSE servers, should be KoS'd ruled: Logic, people here are for the most part friendly and respond in a friendly manor. IF they was no KOS rules, then being a Pussy Player Bandit would be a viable way of playing.

6) Skip the "stop or i shoot" routine. All that shows is you're a shitty player. You wanna be a Pistol Pete Billy Badass? Roll up on them in a hurry and make em stop, put yourself out there. Real bandits dont have to wait till someone has zombies all over them or an axe to stop someone. Most if not ALL "stop or i shoot" players ONLY do that when you are in trouble, OR they know you have noway of doing anything but complying or dying. This is sad sad sad game play.

7) most of all be AWARE of your surroundings. If you're caught off guard by a bandit or "bitch bandit" evaluate what you have to lose or gain. If someone says drop your weapons. Do you have ANY gear tough to come by they could take if you die? Nvg/gps/ etc? IF not youre losing your main stuff anyways, fight back if you can. One 10-30 minute trip to any major city and you have almost ALL the basics back. Either way you live, you come out ahead, you die, well you already were losing out.

This post is a bit long, but its how our group plays, and they only KOS report filed against us, was later contradicted by the OP anyways.

Its easy to communicate in DAYZ, right chat, right words, right actions, equals better results.

Good Luck! Hopefully some of these points will help you!

Centrinoja    0

Just a point on the "friendly bandit" Betrayal is a valid game play option on this server so using please and thank you to gain trust and to later rob someone is not "pussy game play" it is smart get to know your target pick your spot.

Also as a bandit really only taking what YOU need off someone you rob is a robbery people dont feel butt hurt about, I.E. if you see someone with an M14 AIM and one of your group needs more DMR mags/clips then robbing them just for that item the ammo and letting them keep their other stuff generally makes players think well it could have been alot worse atleast they let me keep my gear and im still alive. If you need food and drink just take food and drink same with medical supply's only take what you need!

after committing your robbery make sure the person you robbed knows they have guns on them and tell them not to get up from prone and not to turn around for 60 seconds or they will be shot, This gives your up close thiefs/bandits/double crossers enough time to vanish into the distance the woods or another part of town where ever you committed the act :)

nick    0

Just a point on the "friendly bandit" Betrayal is a valid game play option on this server so using please and thank you to gain trust and to later rob someone is not "pussy game play" it is smart get to know your target pick your spot.

Well, if you feel coming up to someone, being friendly and then shooting them or robbing them, is NOT pussy like. You and I grew up in WAY different areas and times. :)

If someone came to me IRL and said hi man whats up, hows your day, and punched me in the face. That's what we call a sucker punch and a pussy.

But after reading your comment, maybe you're right, maybe it somehow IS viable form of banditry... Though, gaining trust and robbing later, is one thing, which i didn't say anything about, and actually totally different then my comment. But anyways, you did comment as if I did make that statement, so no point in arguing on that subject.

There is always pussy's around. I dispise players that act friendly for 10 minutes and thrm Rob you When you want to move on.

Sign in to follow this