Server time (UTC): 2019-07-18, 03:33
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Sicconi

SA-MP roleplayers, anyone?

Guest Sicconi

Title is my question; anyone here roleplay on SA-MP?

Guest Alpha

Yes, right here!

Been playing on LSRP for two years, currently active on IBP-RP.

Yep.

Hitman director about 8 times on 3 different servers. Mained SARP for a long, long time, and played LSRP for a few months too.

Yes. I do. I actually admin on vG if you know the server. I also use to play a little of LSRP but I didn't really like the community.

Valhalla? Jesus. That was a long time ago. I played in '07, when I was...11 maybe? Yeah, that didn't end well

Yes. I do. I actually admin on vG if you know the server. I also use to play a little of LSRP but I didn't really like the community.

Valhalla? Jesus. That was a long time ago. I played in '07, when I was...11 maybe? Yeah, that didn't end well

Yes Valhalla ha. You get banned or something?

I really wanted to play SAMP RP in the past, maybe I'll try my luck now :)

It's pretty fun Rolle, Alot less limitations in the RP then arma so to say. But alot less detailed then arma.

Rolle if you are looking for a good server I can help you. I have a lot of experience in that department. =]

If you are looking for hardcore; have to roleplay walking down the street, then you may want to apply to get on LSRP. LSRP is VERY strict and quite elitist community. Don't expect to be able to pull out a knife and skank some one with out a VERY good reason. The one good quality about LSRP is in the daytime; for me anyways, there is a steady 300 people on...which can be a good and bad thing. Good cause it gives you a lot of different people to roleplay with but bad cause sometimes its overwhelming to pack that many people into the small city of Los Santos.

Or you could try the server I admin on which is vG or Valhalla gaming; course I would prefer it <3, the roleplay isn't as strict and community isn't has stuck up as LSRP. Also you don't have to apply just to play on the server which is nice. Since LSRP's admins tend to nit pick at EVERYTHING on your application. If you tried SAMP on vG I can also help you out and teach you how to do things if you wanted.

I've tried other servers however none of them really stuck. They were missing scripts that I really like or the community was...eh. Or the roleplay was horrid...

I will note that SAMP roleplay is MUCH different from this. Obviously everything is typed and you are playing your character more seriously and in depth then you probably would on here. Its two different types of roleplay.

Yes Valhalla ha. You get banned or something?

Nah, shit was too big for my 11 year old brain, I quit after a few days :S

Rolle, if I'm brutally honest, I'd like to tell you that the true 'glory' days of SAMP RP ended in 2010, and it sorta sucks beyond that now. It's mainly because of a server called NGRP. It's essentially cash shop: roleplay, but it changed the face of the entire roleplaying scenario there and stole a lot of players from other servers, and bought out other servers. It essentially stepped all over the little guy and left you with one, horribly corrupt and shitty server to play.

Wait for IV:MP or V:MP for a return to the amazing roleplay that was SAMP:RP.

But yeah, the community is completely different there and if I'm honest it's better over there as PAWN makes it so easy for you to do so many things. The addition of server commands like /me and the fact that there is no VON actually makes the game more enjoyable as a whole. That's my say.

NGRP was shut down for a while Portugnio. I actually use to play on there which wasn't really roleplay AT all. Uhg that place was bad.

There are roleplay servers with serious roleplay Portugnio. I would know since I play every day on a server with it...

All NGRP did was take all the shitty players letting them play on a server where DM is pretty much allowed. Honestly that is fine by me. I rather bad players all play there then on actual serious roleplaying servers like LSRP and vG.

SAMP site says I can't use my Steam game version, well that sucks :D Registered on Valhalla, we'll see how it goes.

Guest Alpha

Rolle if you are looking for a good server I can help you. I have a lot of experience in that department. =]

If you are looking for hardcore; have to roleplay walking down the street, then you may want to apply to get on LSRP. LSRP is VERY strict and quite elitist community. Don't expect to be able to pull out a knife and skank some one with out a VERY good reason. The one good quality about LSRP is in the daytime; for me anyways, there is a steady 300 people on...which can be a good and bad thing. Good cause it gives you a lot of different people to roleplay with but bad cause sometimes its overwhelming to pack that many people into the small city of Los Santos.

Or you could try the server I admin on which is vG or Valhalla gaming; course I would prefer it <3, the roleplay isn't as strict and community isn't has stuck up as LSRP. Also you don't have to apply just to play on the server which is nice. Since LSRP's admins tend to nit pick at EVERYTHING on your application. If you tried SAMP on vG I can also help you out and teach you how to do things if you wanted.

I've tried other servers however none of them really stuck. They were missing scripts that I really like or the community was...eh. Or the roleplay was horrid...

I will note that SAMP roleplay is MUCH different from this. Obviously everything is typed and you are playing your character more seriously and in depth then you probably would on here. Its two different types of roleplay.

IBP-RP (The server where I happen to be apart of the staff) also maintains a high roleplaying standard with a firm set of rules and 80% of all players are advanced roleplayers. The only con is that the player base usually does not reach past 100, but I can cope with that. I've been playing here for a year or two now and it's still enjoyable as it used to be in the beginning. It's recommended to roleplay with a faction though else you might get bored easily.

NGRP was shut down for a while Portugnio. I actually use to play on there which wasn't really roleplay AT all. Uhg that place was bad.

Sadly, that isn't true. Although it's never at 500/500 like it used to be, it's still going strong with 479/500 as of writing this.

There are roleplay servers with serious roleplay Portugnio. I would know since I play every day on a server with it...

Yeah, but nothing like it was back in 2008-2011. Trust me, I've played on a plethora of servers and nothing compares to the seriousness exhibited during the earlier years.

All NGRP did was take all the shitty players letting them play on a server where DM is pretty much allowed. Honestly that is fine by me. I rather bad players all play there then on actual serious roleplaying servers like LSRP and vG.

Valhalla I'm not sure about, but LSRP had a shitty community that relied on being elitists to strive. Plus, their playerbase was pretty similar to the players on NGG. They would just go to LSRP to 'rpdm'.I know this is true because one of my friends are one of the richest players on LSRP atm.

NGG had a huge selection of players, it wasn't all bad roleplayers; atleast, it wasn't when I played. Not sure about now, but I know for a fact that loads of the good roleplayers have moved on to Horizon, Lawless, RLRP, IRP or they quit when one of their respective servers shut down.

I don't think SAMP works on steam versions. You can easily download a torrent version on piratebay though. One of them have like 2000 seeds...I know when I tried to use my steam version it didn't work.

Nah, it does work. There is a thread about it on the forums of Steam. I know for a fact the SA-MP website is SUPER out dated and is incorrect at times. STEAM SA does have a workaround for SA:MP

@Port

NGRP WAS down for a while. Not now but in the past.

Yeah I will say the roleplay was better years back but there are still pockets around that roleplay is still strong. The only community that still has a very heavy player base is LSRP. Most communities like vG and a like that use to also have hundreds of players now have died down greatly. There are MANY different roleplay servers on SAMP now but a lot of them are like mild forms of NGRP. Honeslty I don't mind a small player base. Think of it like dayzrp, the servers only hold 50 players max. Enough to run into some one and savor the moment. Its good this way. No one likes feeling squeezed and lost in a crowd.

Yes there is a little roleplay on NGRP but honestly all the dm and minimalist roleplay that goes on there it makes it not worth even signing on. I'm more into a long drawn out posts; passive roleplay where I sit on a bench at Unity having a actual lengthy conversation with some one. That is something you don't get on NGRP let me tell you.

Oh my gosh having a whole discussion about SAMP politics basically...

Guest Sicconi

@Port

Yeah I will say the roleplay was better years back but there are still pockets around that roleplay is still strong. The only community that still has a very heavy player base is LSRP. Most communities like vG and a like that use to also have hundreds of players now have died down greatly. There are MANY different roleplay servers on SAMP now but a lot of them are like mild forms of NGRP. Honeslty I don't mind a small player base. Think of it like dayzrp, the servers only hold 50 players max. Enough to run into some one and savor the moment. Its good this way. No one likes feeling squeezed and lost in a crowd.

Yes there is a little roleplay on NGRP but honestly all the dm and minimalist roleplay that goes on there it makes it not worth even signing on. I'm more into a long drawn out posts; passive roleplay where I sit on a bench at Unity having a actual lengthy conversation with some one. That is something you don't get on NGRP let me tell you.

The last time I had a lengthy conversation with someone on LSRP, I got robbed twice and searched by police because I was reported to be aiming an M4 at everyone.

The one time I actually bought a gun other than a deagle, I had the SASD and the LSPD raid mine & Portugnio's house. Sure, it was good fun, but it's hard to get anywhere without having to hire protection.

As for NGG, the last time I was on there I got spammed with "omfg joey tucker" and then randomly DMed in Pershing Square.

@Port

Lol. I do miss the old roleplay I used to have though. Being hitman director I never really had time to stop and speak to people on park benches, especially because I made it evidently clear I was the HMD just so I could use that as an advantage in my roleplay; people were terrified of me because I could CK them on sight and they couldn't me, and it just worked out well for me. I agree, I don't mind the small amounts of players because the server where I was HMD would be getting 50-90 players, and I was content. Servers like NGG were ruined not because of the players though; if it weren't for the corrupt owners, namely Devin Lee Clark, NGG would have been the greatest medium of roleplay all throughout SA:MP. It didn't become that way though because when NGG was essentially stolen from the old owner, Marcus, Devin marketed it as some new life that would be the ultimatum of roleplay, and we were all happy about it. SA:MP died from there on in my opinion. The problem is with roleplay on SA:MP compared to DayzRP is that yes, Chernarus is bigger than San Andreas, but people move quicker on SA. There is never really anyone stopping for a chat, because cars exist everywhere, something absent in DayZRP.

I honestly believe there is zero roleplay on NGG. As far as I know, NGG is literally driving around a completely gated map doing fuck all. Sad - a server I once knew and loved dearly (and spent an embarrassing amount of time on) was stolen by a bisexual police officer with extreme homosexual tendencies whilst staying conservatively Christian, and ruined by that same man.

Guest Alpha

@Port

+1

SAMP Roleplay is much much more detailed then Arma,as you can do much more other things, as well as whatever you want, when in DayZRP you can't even do most of the things you can do in it, Yes iv'e played LS-RP for about two years, i saw someone say that they have a bad community - They have a stricted community that is actually decent, and can hold up the server without hackers and etc.