Server time (UTC): 2020-08-05, 16:02
Sign in to follow this  
Papa_Playtoomuch

meattemperature and wintermod

Is it possible to remove heat from coocked meat? The cold its just a joke as long as we have meat.. One coocked meat in the jacket and everything is normal.. Wintermode is a joke as long noone fix that glitch....

Edited by Papa_Playtoomuch

4 hours ago, Papa_Playtoomuch said:

-snip-

I have no idea if this can be changed on our end. DayZ devs have been lazy in getting something like this implemented as it's been this way since as long as I have been back around DayZRP (8 months or so).

I know this problem has been in the game for a long time. The reason I asked is because I see modders change a lot. Like stamina, persistence of fireplace and so on.. I dont know nothing about modding, thats why I ask..

-1 no, I'd rather not have to scavenge for heatpacks and constantly to sit by a fireplace to keep warm. It would slow things down drastically. Keeping "meat temperature" is a Quality of Life feature imo and shouldn't be tweaked or removed (if possible). 

yeah lets not make the game more annoying than it already is

On 12/11/2019 at 9:11 AM, Papa_Playtoomuch said:

Is it possible to remove heat from coocked meat? The cold its just a joke as long as we have meat.. One coocked meat in the jacket and everything is normal.. Wintermode is a joke as long noone fix that glitch....

It's not a glitch, it's been in the game since well before 0.62. It's another way to keep someone warm. -1, keep the feature in game

-1 from me, cooked meat is crucial for the winter mod and for keeping people alive long enough that they can RP. If you don't like 'em cos it breaks immersion,  don't use 'em. 

I belive its a glitch. They recently made the tents waterproof, how many years did that take?.. The game is still under development. The meat should have heat, but for a limited time. Like it would in real life. They should have the same timelimit as the heatpack.And if you need time to rp, start a fireplace. Why do we have a wintermod for if theres no difference. It just look bad. 

Yeah I wouldn't mind changing this feature up. Infinite heat cooked meat is a bit of a cheese way to survive the cold. This suggestion won't be popular though as most prefer the easy route to facilitate their other priorities.

I like survival gameplay but I feel this tweak is unnecessary, cooked meat does give off heat, the problem is the fact that it stays warm, which isn't really a big deal in itself.