Server time (UTC): 2020-08-11, 18:55
Sign in to follow this  
DerrickStorm

[Livonia] 106.2 Radio Refuge

The following transmission can be heard on this frequency:

Radio Refuge MP3

Spoiler

transmission begins

"Good morning Livonia, this is your one and only true voice offf.... shit... Livonia. I gotta work on that announcement, but it doesnt matter because this is just the beggining of our journey... we're testing, we're exploring, we're trying to make this thing *a thing*. You gonna hear three things here: bad jokes, music, news. You know it, because you're listening to:"

JINGLE PLAYS

And as promised we're gonna start off with some news. I've already got some fan-mail from one of the survivors. Here it is, let me read it - it's some kind of message.

The forest belongs to wildlife, bear with me, the animals did nothing to you, bear with me, so don't go to the forest - BEAR WITH ME! Al'right if you didn't get the message - the wildlife is acting up lately. There are multiple sightings of wolves and bears around this part of Livonia. So don't wonder of... of the main road, stay safe, stay within the walls. Don't carry to much food on you and if you're carrying some food, drop it and run away if you hear a bear. But most certainly don't do as Bryan Adams did in the next song...

SONG PLAYS

"...and that was Bryan Adams with 'run to you'. If I remember correctly this was the first song that launched his carrier world-wide. The song made it to the top of the lists around the world and that's how it began for him. I wonder what he's up to these days. Surviving? Singing? Who the hell knows... but... doesn't matter!

Regarding my last news - I've totally forgot to spread the news that Straż leśna - the park rangers are still living and kicking, sharing supplies, helping out people, other fellow survivors like you and me. They care for the land that we travel through, the land that we live in. Thanks to them the forest won't burn down and, well, we can enjoy fresh air, fresh breeze in this rotten future of ours."

SONG PLAYS

"aaand that was Spencer Davis group with 'gimme some lovin'. As you've probably noticed we gonna hear some music from '80, '90 and... the past... right? The past - everything from before the infection is the past already... I don't think we'll hear anything new on the radiowaves anytime soon. Well... unless we have some talented musicians surviving in Livonia and hearing this transmission. You're good with a guitar or other instrument? You have a good voice that can boost morale when we're sitting around campfire? Reach out to me on my personal frequency after the broadcast and... well... everybody can listen to what you have recorded, right? Maybe somebody will like it and... maybe somebody wont? But who the hell cares!?

Lets get back to some news. The sanctity of this place has been fouled - rumors are spreading like wildfire about a cult taking over the city of Nadbór. Apparently if you don't join them in some dark ritual, you'll be forced out of the town and... well, shit... hunted down... So if the rumors are true survivors should stay away from this area, I repeat - from Nadbór city. Hopefully sooner or later somebody will deal with that problem and... shit if the news are fake and somebody lied to me, what can I do - just throw the news away. But you're not here to listen to my blabering, to my beautiful voice. You're here for some music.. so... let's get to it. Last but not least, a track that has a little bit haevier tune that the previous ones, classic that was originally by Genesis but 9 or 10 years ago a group called Disturbed gave it a... heavy lifting I would say. For those who enjoy this kind of music, here we go, give it some thought - keep in touch. Land of confusion"

SONG PLAYS

transmission ends

Edited by DerrickStorm

*Tomasz pulls out his radio and, after attempting to attach a battery, presses the button*

"Glad to see some people are still trying to enjoy the finer things of life. As to your last piece of information....what kind of cult, and are they foreigners or Livonians like us? I should hope they don't dare to blaspheme Christ in our great city"

*Tomasz releases the radio*

*Franciszek looks out from the window as another lightening strikes even closer then the previous one. He holds down the button to transmit, but the signal is weak and there's a lot of distortion*

"Ahhhh dzień dobry - hello fel... ...urvivor! I'll try to gath... .ore information about the city of Nadbór and if th... ...umors are true. Next transmission should be in couple of..."

*The transmission cuts off*

Edited by DerrickStorm

*with a smile on her face and a less melancholy demeanor, picks up the radio and speaks*

"Thank you for playing the music and lifting spirits. I feel a little better in my current state. Keep up the good work and I look forward to hearing from you again soon. "

*paces for a moment deciding whether or not to give the information she has... thinks to herself that it is best to end the rumors about the group in Nadbor*

"As for the "cult" in Nadbor, that isn't true from what we have seen. We frequent Nadbor daily and have run into a group of people who are kind and helpful, their leader is a practicing Buddhist and very kind. We haven't seen anyone else there that poses a threat. I hope this helps the rumor."

*Transmission ends and she goes back to hiding*

*Respectfully waiting for the broadcasts to cease Wulf tokes his cigarette enjoying the tunes provided, jotting down useful information for later use*

*Holds PTT cockney accent ensues*

"Ello Ello, looks like we got ourselves a Livonian Mr New Vegas right here. Such a boon a simple radio can be in such a time and such a place...

*Puffs his cigarette*

My name is Mr Wulf, and i would personally like to extend a hand of friendship, between myself and Mr Livonia here. We should do some business you and I.

Now whats all this about a cult? You see i have taken a liking to Nadbor and if some cult where to say, make the place inhospitable... Well that would be a shame now wouldn't it. A fully automatic shame one might say.

*Puffs his cigarette again*

There is an establishment already located out of the old bunker on the edge of Nadbor, the geezers wear yellow armbands and seem a might bit edgy, atleast one i was stalking did.

*Releases PTT muttering something about memory loss*

*Creed finishes listening to the tracks and waits for the radio transmissions to end and presses his PTT*

''Good to hear some decent music after all this time, got me through what would of been a very boring night next to the fire.''

*He shuffles in the background for his cigarettes and pulls one out, using the flame from the fire*

''Interesting news about the city, seems like some things never change...just maybe though it's all false information like the woman before me suggested, time will tell...Hope to hear more from this station in the future.*

*Creed throws his cigarette in the fire and puts his pack on, releasing the PTT*

*Grisha sits underneath the roof of the destroyed church when he hears the broadcasts. After nodding to the melody of the music for a bit he picks up his radio and replies with his thick, ukrainian accent.*

"Regarding people in big city in south. They might seem a bit strange at first but are very friendly, especially when you donate nails and show understanding and respect for religious beliefs. Gave me tomatoes and sense of direction in exchange. No problem there as far as I know. Grisha out."

*He lets go off the radio and takes aim at another infected.*

*Daniel, sitting in the door of an abandoned house, put out his cigarette, grabbed the radio and pressed the button under his thumb.*

"Mr. Livonia... niezłe! I like it! Anyway, I was curious about the cult info in Nadbor, so I went there after the broadcast. Lies! The only one you can meet there is a group of friendly people from abroad. They try to help the survivors, so if you have something to share, you should drop by and leave them some things.They look like someone who can return the favor."

*After a short moment of silence, he adds another few words.*

"It's good to hear something on the air. I haven't heard Bryan Adams in years! Keep it up man."

*He release the radio button, reaching for another cigarette.*

*Kemal awaken because of Andrews deep snoring and he started to listen repeating broadcast,he pressed the button.*

Witaj mój przyjacielu , its really nice to have some updates in our desperate lives like that, music , news , some chattering. I have a friend with me , he cannot boost people morale by singing but he is really good at mixing cocktails.Unless we have a some several Vodka bottle , he can create some with these beverage. I'm ex butcher and current Kebab-Maestro. If you guys form up any event , inform both of us. over and out.

*releases the button and lays down to sleep tryin' *

*Hears the transmission and presses down the "PTT" button*

"It is nice to hear some music and news over the radio, keep this going good sir this brings hope to fellow survivors."

*Releases the "PTT" button.*

Radio Refuge - Transmission nr.2 MP3

Spoiler

Transmission begins

"Goooodmorning Survivors! This is your one and only true voice of Livonia bringing you bad jokes, news and a daily dose of good music. But you already know it... unless you stumbled upon this frequency by accident - in that case I hope you'll here to stay because this is the place where all the magic happens, you're listening to..."

JINGLE PLAYS

"First of all thank you for all the response I've got so far, I'm glad to hear that the signal is strong enough to reach survivors! Regarding Nadbór and information about the cult - as you, my fellow survivors say - apparently the group operating there isn't a cult at all! As they say - you reap what you sow, so maybe, just maybe and I knoooow this is a faaar fetched theory... if you're kind to other people, they'll be kind of you. So, fellow surivovrs, for now you'll have to judge for yourself regarding any expeditions towards the city of Nadbór - because some of my listeners still have mixed feelings about people met there.

And believe me, I was trying to listen to the radio as often as I could, so I hope I've managed to hear all the response I've got. Mr Wulf, it's alwasy good to have friends these days but regarding any buisness, I don't have much to offer - only my charming personality and some room on the radiowaves!

Mr Butcher, our Kebab-Maestro! What I can cook is decent but it certainly lacks that subtle touch of finesse! Who knows, maybe one day we'll all be able to meet together and share a meal - strangers bonding over some good food..."

SONG PLAYS

"I hope y'all find your way home, like Stereophonics are trying in their song called "maybe tomorrow"... 

What else do we have on the table for today... ah, right - survival tips. Are you or your friends suffering from fever? Or you just want to enjoy a cold drink? But daaaarn, refrigarators don't work. Generator ran out of precious fuel! Say no more! Here I come with a home made recipe on how to make your own ice with just four things. Yes, you head me right - just four fucking things!

So you better get yourself a piece of paper and a pen, because these are the ingridients you'll need. You'll need water, fertilizer often found at farms and garden stores, a large bowl or a bucket and a smaller metal bowl - small enough to fit inside the other contaier!

Now, depending on how much you need, mix equal parts of fertizer and water in the larger container till it's disolved. Next, carefully place the small metal bowl half filled with water in the bucket. It's gotta be a metal bowl, plastic ain't gonna work. And now we just wait - apparently due to magic or chemical reaction, the water will start to cool down and finally freeze, tho it'll probably take several hours - so if you're planning to have a drink - think ahead.

This recipe is sponsored by all the time I was apparently wasting watching show's like Jericho. WHO'S LOSER NOW MUM, HUH!?"

SONG PLAYS

"...and that was "We built this city" by us rock group Starship! We're slowly getting closer to the end. We had some good music, we had some news and survival tips. We had some good times I hope, you and me. If you have any news you would like to share, anything you would like to hear - reach out to me after the show on my personal frequency, just like Sean Connery did! Yes, Sean Connery reached out with good news that he's still alive. Apparently his suriving just as we are, in a small bunker in Scotland. But only recently he had an unfortunate incident. While he was walking, he stumbled and hit a piece of furniture. A book fell on his head! His comment to that unfortunate situation was "Yes(h), how unfortunate. I can only blame my s(h)elf."

After giving this a moment of well deserved silence, I'm gonna leave you with a record from our brothers and sisters in Poland, a country that we share with more then only the language. Please, enjoy TAK! TAK! from Obywatel G.C. This is Mr. Livonia signing off..."

SONG PLAYS

Transmission ends

Edited by DerrickStorm

*Picks up her radio, turns dial to 106.2*

"Would you be willing to voice an ad on your radio frequency for a Restaurant in Polana"

*Lets go of receiver and sets radio on counter listening*

*Creed finishes laying down his planks and picks up the radio, holding the PTT*

''Good to hear this station wasn't a one time thing, getting some work done with tracks in the background I thought was a thing of the past...''

*He grabs one of the planks, places it into position and begins to hammer in a nail*

''Try not to die anytime soon.''

*Transmission ends*

*He makes a quick, short transmission*

"I see no problem with any advertisment. Even better - we could meet up at your Restaurant and see how many stars in can get!"

*He ends the transmission*

Edited by DerrickStorm

*Unclips radio, pushes button, very excitedly clears throat to sound professional"

"Awesome, That sounds great. I look forward to meeting you and hopefully my place makes a good impression."

*ends transmission and clips radio back*

*Picks up the radio from the dashboard and begins the transmission*

"Just let me know when I should visit you and I'll do my best to be there."

*He puts the radio back on dashboard and speeds up*

*picks up radio*

"Apologies for my late response, I heard your message earlier but was in the middle of business. My hours vary depending on local activities, I will usually be here Mon, Tue, Thu, and Fri from 1pm to 9:30/10. Saturday and Sunday, I am usually open between 9/10am until 9/10pm. I look forward to meeting with you soon."

*clicks radio off and gets back to work*

*Responds with a short transmission*

"I'll do my best to get to Polana today. Hopefully we'll be able to meet. Stay safe."

*Another thunder can be heard in the background, before the transmission ends*

Andrew heres talk of food in Polana, takes out his map and realises hes not that far away, maybe a days walk.

He picks up the radio

“hey Mrs restaurant lady… I will try and get there on Sunday. Do you do venison and pumpkin stew?”

*the fire crackling in the back, very groggy she responds*

"DJ Livonia, I will be here, be careful and watch out for bears... To the other gentleman, I will see you Sunday and I will have a new pot of Venison and Pumpkin stew made just for you."

*clicks off radio and lays back down*

*Creed enters an abandoned building to get some shelter from the storm, turns on his radio and starts to speak in a worn down voice*

"Hey Radio man, not heard from you in a little while, could really do with something to pass the time right now..."

*He searches his pockets for a dry cigarette, and upon succeeding, he begins to speak in a more humorous tone*

"Heh...I hope you took my advice and didn't die too soon"

*Creed notices the storm pass, lights his cigarette and begins to leave, ending the transmission*

*Puts a can of food aside and grabs his radio*

"Hey there - no worries, I'm still breathing. I've been travelling around Nadbór region, gathering information for the next broadcast. It was an epic-couple-day-long hike and my feet are a clusterfuck but the transmission should be out tomorrow, worst case scenario - a day after. I'll see on on the radiowaves, stay safe!

*He puts the radio down and reaches for the can, looking at it with dissapointment*

*Hearing a response on the radio, Creed pushes down his PTT as you can hear banging and feral screeches in the background*

"Ah good to hear Radioman, and well your feet may be a bit fucked but at least you got a decent workout ey...about to get one myself by the looks of it...anyway, look forward to hearing your next broadcast, stay alive till then will yah."

*He releases the PTT, dispatching of the infected blocking his way out"

Radio Refuge - Transmission no.3 MP3

Spoiler

TRANSMISSION BEGINS

"Good morning Survivor. Do you sometimes find yourself waking up, hearing wolves to the left, bears somewhere on your right, hungry again with no place to go? Well I've got a solution for you. Head to Polana straight away because there's a classy joint operating there:

Lipsmackin' Thirstquenchin' Acetastin' Motivatin' Goodbuzzin' Cooltalkin' Highwalkin' Fastlivin' Evergivin' Coolfizzin' Iris' Place.

You heard me right - Lipsmackin' Thirstquenchin' Acetastin' Motivatin' Goodbuzzin' Cooltalkin' Highwalkin' Fastlivin' Evergivin' Coolfizzin' Iris' Place.

It's a mouthful.

Come hungry, leave happy!"

MUSIC PLAYS

"and that was a track straight from Back to the Future soundtrack. It's a special day today, a great day - because this transmission is made in cooperation with Iris' Place in Polana. If you want to hear more about this Restaurant or other settlements around Nadbór region, stay tuned to"

JINGLE PLAYS

"and this is your one and only, true voice of Livonia bring news and goood music. So - Iris' place, let's take a look at the Menu: We offer a meat of the day, Homemade Stew, Sides include - smoked or broiled - tomato, pepper, zucchini, mushrooms, and pumpkin. We offer Sodas (when available) and Vodka. We also offer canned foods -Tuna, Sardines, Spaghetti, Bacon, Peaches, and on a rare occassion Pudding and Caviar. Iris' Place accepts donations, trade, and volunteers for all food purchases. Iris' Place is neutral ground, we aim to provide a great, safe environment with food and friends, all while sitting around a warm fire." You're hungry yet? I know I am."

MUSIC PLAYS

"it's a sweet track call Urgent from Foreigner. Speaking of sweetness I've got a sweet deal for you - first ten survivors that will say Radio Refuge while visiting Iris's place will get free canned food for the road. That's right, just use a password Radio Refuge while speaking to Iris! But Iris's place it's not the only settlement being build around here. More about it after the next track."

MUSIC PLAYS

"and we're back with more news about settlements in Nadbór Region. Are you familiar with a town called Wrzeszcz? What a beautiful polish stack of letters. Wrzeszcz a small town on the crossroads between Gieraltów and Nadbór. Why should you know this place, you may ask? Because there's a pub being built there, a place called The Garrisson and the owner is offering jobs, especially for a skilled carpenter and somebody that can brew alcohol. And quote: The good stuff, not dirty moonshine. Rum, Gin, Scotch, Whiskey, Brandy. That kinda stuff. So if you're looking for a job, or just a drink - head to Wrzeszcz."

MUSIC PLAYS

"and that was Chris Isack with Blue Hotel. This is voice of Livonia bringing you more news. Shadowy figures have been spotted travelling in great numbers around Nadbór and Polana region. Using russian as they language, their carrying some heavy firepower. While their intensions or goals remain unclear, there have already been multiple reportes of hostilities with said people, so approach with caution. You gonna love the next track I've got prepared for you... oh yeah... you will..."

MUSIC PLAYS

"The Clash Should I stay or should I go, a true classic that will never age. Unlike me and you. But no matter what, I still love you all. Well, let's get back to news. This one comes from a town called Adamów, not so far from Topolin. Rumors are spreading about infected bear, huge beast - twice as big as normal bears, eyewitness state. This blooddriven creature has red eyes that.... uuuhhh... glow in the dark? Pffff... well... you know what, maybe stop drinking moonshine and head to Wrzeszcz, to the Garrisson and get some of the good stuff."

MUSIC PLAYS

"And that's all folks, I guess I've ran out of time for today... As always this has been a pleasure, those few moments we can spend togerther drifting on the radiowaves... I'll see you when I see and remember - keep your radio close to you and head to Polana to Iris' Place - that's where friends are at."

MUSIC PLAYS

TRANSMISSION ENDS

*eyes beaming with pride, heart full of gratitude, Iris picks up the radio from beside her*

"Franek, my friend, that was wonderful. Thank you for all the work you have done with the ad, you have set the bar very high, I can't believe you got that line in there twice and you did it so fast, I love it!"

*you can hear the smile and happiness in her voice*

*Yet again, your choice in music is great, the people of Livonia owe you a lot, you have truly earned the nickname DJ Livonia. I can't wait to hear that "top shelf" vinyl you have."

*She laughs, feeling comical*

*I still truly enjoy your broadcasts and look forward to hearing them again, and seeing my friend in town. Great Job, Franek"

*She smiles to herself, lays the transceiver on the floor beside her, while she lays back down for a little more rest*

Sign in to follow this