Server time (UTC): 2020-01-25, 21:37 WE ARE RECRUITING
Sign in to follow this  
Wee_L_LR

Low number of loot at military buildings - Livonia

I traveled across two different military facilities and they have not been touched by players at all. In these two places all the loot was entirely clothing items. I'm not sure if intended however it seems really unbalanced. This has happened the other day when coming across a fresh military installment. Thoughts? 

The only weapons I have ever seen in military areas in Livonia are the SKS and UMP. I found an M4 and an M1A at a chopper crash and I haven't met anyone else who had an assault rifle. I do think that the military loot spawning is very sub-par compared to Chernarus, and I don't really mind.

That's because the military areas are spread out a lot. I think most of the good stuff is in the southern woods tho, when I was chilling up north I only found SKSs and SMGs. When I went down south I f0ound a Saiga-12, 2 AKs-74Us, an AKM and a AK-101 at a single base.

I do like how spread out the military bases and how rare stuff is though. It really spreads the population out.

I've noticed that in any military base you're able to find military gear in industrial buildings and the residential buildings closely surrounding it. I found a Saiga-12 in a garage.

Edited by Finn

That's because @Roland hasn't let me fix the table yet, he wanted to see how the vanilla loot table performs first before I fix it 😎

Ideally I want to move things like the SKS, UMP, MP5 and Saiga-12K out of military spawns and into hunting/police spawns.

Make things spawn in places where they make a bit more sense, like I have done for Chernarus, but as said, I need clearance from the big man first.

Finding big ARs in the southern part is pretty easy, if you manage to enter the areas. In the other hand finding civilian stuff such as shotgun shells, water bottles etc. Is very hard down south. 

14 hours ago, Wee_L_LR said:

I traveled across two different military facilities and they have not been touched by players at all. In these two places all the loot was entirely clothing items. I'm not sure if intended however it seems really unbalanced. This has happened the other day when coming across a fresh military installment. Thoughts? 

I think they did something rather neat where depending on where the military installation is, it has different spawns. For example, in Topolin the barracks building behind the police station is a police spawn.

10 minutes ago, Rover said:

I think they did something rather neat where depending on where the military installation is, it has different spawns. For example, in Topolin the barracks building behind the police station is a police spawn.

It seems that on this map medical, police and military spawns spread to the buildings around them.

Just now, Finn said:

It seems that on this map medical, police and military spawns spread to the buildings around them.

Common bug in dayz

Just now, Finn said:

This is something I've noticed as well, but it also happened on Chernarus in a few towns, especially with police and medical spawns.

I've been exploring Livonia a fair bit; Some of the stand-alone military installations do definitely get military spawns. But I've also seen military spawn buildings thunked down in the middle of otherwise non-military areas, and they get either standard civilian spawns or police spawns, etc. I kind of like it. 

I've no doubt in Topolin its intentional; The police station there has a large training field behind it with a barracks right next to that, and that barracks is entirely 100% police loot. It seems they are changing the spawns per building to fit the areas, or at least in that case they did.

So long as more civilians rifles & medical supplies become available, I'd wait until Dev Team can make proper adjustments. I often find guns in those green watch towers.