Server time (UTC): 2020-08-08, 23:59
Sign in to follow this  
Duplessis

Kill clarification

Say for example I have a car. I use this car to drive to a hospital to gather medicine. While I am doing so someone comes up and tries to drive the car away. Would I have kill rights on this person?

As you've said it, no.

Being granted kill rights via theft requires two things on behalf of the thief:

>Awareness that this was your property
>Awareness that you are in the vicinity

If a person comes up to your car in the middle of the road and you are nowhere to be seen, either to stake your claim or to be in the general area of your vehicle, then them taking it is a perfectly reasonable action and cannot be classed as theft on their part. They have no knowledge of their wrongdoing, therefore it would be on you to initiate on them.

If that same person came up to your car outside that hospital while you were loading medicine into it, it is clear that this is your vehicle and they are aware you are in the area. Taking the vehicle from you then would grant you rights to kill them in my opinion, as they are well aware of their wrongdoing.

Its the same principle as bases. If somebody hops into your base or starts sawing off a lock while they know you're there, you have rights on them as this is technically a hostile action against your character/their property. This is to prevent people from rule armouring their way out of situations, knowing that an initiation must be dropped before they can be shot or attempting to bait out the aforementioned initiation in the hope of a quick kill for them or their friends.

Sign in to follow this