Server time (UTC): 2020-09-27, 13:33
Sign in to follow this  
Darren

Deployment Log

Day One - 6th December 2019 - South Zagoria - North Of Berezino

My guide has dropped me off on the eastern coastline of South Zagoria by boat. The fare wasen’t cheap and most of my equipment from Novigrad has been taken from me however according to my guide the area surrounding South Zagoria is rich in military instillation and despite the ‘event’ now reaching almost two and a half years there should still be ample supplies left around.

One thing I have taken notice off is the immense cold compared to the Capital which was relatively comfortable, the ground is laden with snow and ice has made the terrain difficult to traverse. The creatures seem to have adapted to the colder climate here as was reported in the reports from the Black Mountains.

I managed to get myself to the borders of a town known to the locals as Berezino. The town is of course deserted with only the creatures left to inhabit this place.

The night was fast approaching and so I have set up camp inside an abandoned tenement building for the night. My hoodie isn’t keeping me warm enough on its own and my single heat pack will only last me for so long, getting warmer clothes must be a priority for the morning!

LCP Darren Beattie 
31st General Support Squadron 
3rd Reg RLC 

Edited by Darren

Day Two - 7th December 2019 - South Zagoria - Berezino 

This morning proved to be slightly warmer than the night, frankly I’m surprised I even made it through. It’s fair to say that without that heat pack I’d be dead.

Luckily I’ve managed to find myself some warmer clothes, whilst not 100% effective they are still an upgrade. 
Whilst I was out searching for clothes I came across my first non creature in the form of a younger man. After exchanging quick pleasantries I enquired about the status of NATO Operations In the region. The man told me that he had heard some rumours about NATO Operations over the past few months but not anything recently. He did mention that there was a charity post in what he called the Green Mountains, unfortunately the outpost is rumoured to have been raided and destroyed. Nevertheless I will need to investigate myself.

Before departing the man also told me to look out for a guy known to the locals as Dr Red, apparently a well known medical professional. Gaining a dialog with him and his team may prove useful in the future.

I began to make my way inland after the heaviest of the snow had stopped falling. I made my way into a town which I didn’t catch the name of. I met up with a man who called himself Gary, he led me towards a store which housed too others who identified themselfs as Chad and Kyle. We agreed to work together to gain some supplies and forging and alliance would probably be an easier way to achieve my mission.

Gary however appeared to be somewhat ill and soon I was feeling under the weather too. I was told to rest by the guys however I couldn’t stop throwing up making it hard for me to rest. The rest was very fuzzy I remember a woman’s voice telling me I wasen’t going to die but other than that my memory is blank.

I woke in a nearby forest which some leaves covering my body partially keeping me warm. There was no sign of Gary, Chad or Kyle. I can only assume they thought I had perished to my illness however their judgement appears to have been premature.

I have tired to raise them on my short handheld radio but to no avail. 
I’ve made my way back into the town to rest for the night, I’ll need to regather my strength if I want to continue to Green Mountain in the morning.

LCP Darren Beattie 
31st General Support Squadron 
3rd Reg RLC 

Edited by Darren

@Craig @StagsviewRB

Tagging the loremasters as I am fairly certain none of this is canon.

Don't get me wrong, this is an interesting read, but it just conflicts with the lore set forth by the LM team.

Sign in to follow this