Jump to content
Server time (UTC): 2020-01-26, 09:58 WE ARE RECRUITING
Sign in to follow this  
JoahVC

Server split?

Recommended Posts

Recently with the choice to run Livonia AND winter Chernarus the population seems unhealthy.
Should it be one or the other? Just curious on thoughts and opinions.

Share this post


Link to post

I've mostly chalked it up to report punishments & the holidays coming. More than often people start disappearing through December up until New Years as they are more than often spending time w/ their family & friends. It should pick up again after the holidays & you'll probably see the bigger groups back on once their members are able to rp with them 🙂 

Share this post


Link to post

@Drbeans
I've taken holiday into consideration as well. That's a good point, however I think with one or the other, the server would be full currently or at least high population rather

Share this post


Link to post
4 minutes ago, JoahVC said:

@Drbeans
I've taken holiday into consideration as well. That's a good point, however I think with one or the other, the server would be full currently or at least high population rather

All things considered, both are lookin' healthy - especially when the NA members start getting off work/out of class 

(And honestly, I don't mind not having to wait in a 40 man queue lol 😄 ) 

Share this post


Link to post
52 minutes ago, JoahVC said:

Recently with the choice to run Livonia AND winter Chernarus the population seems unhealthy.
Should it be one or the other? Just curious on thoughts and opinions.

Personal opinion. Livonia won't last. Paid DLC servers didn't last on ARMA 3, if I remember correctly most of the Tanoa servers bombed out after a period of 2-3 months. It's a nice change of scenery for most people (Although I haven't played on it personally.) But obvious choice between one of the other would be Chernarus, everyone can access it at no extra cost other then owning the game. I've seen Chernarus hit around 70-75 players usually around mid day but it dwindles usually after lunch time for reasons I don't fully understand.

Share this post


Link to post

After playing Chernarus into the ground since SA came out, I'm glad we have an alternative because I literally cannot stand Chernarus anymore. Just like I did with Deer Isle, I'll play Livonia until it goes offline, then I'll wait for the next alternative.

Share this post


Link to post

Not gonna beat around the bush, there's a lot of people taking a break from the server right now due to just disinterest. A lot of people feel the state of RP has fallen into repetitive hostile encounters with lack of RP, and I personally agree it feels that way from my own personal standpoint. I honestly don't recall the last time that there was actual storylines happening, all I see lately is people standing around joking and memeing until one group or another starts hostilities or decides to raid a base.

I used to have people constantly roleplaying out injuries and asking for medical RP, it's definitely been a few weeks since anyone even bothered to ask for a bullet pulled from them. I understand that if there's a lack of RP that the individuals complaining about it should try to be a deciding factor and attempt various means of pushing RP, but after so many attempts there's a feeling of defeat. People start playing on other communities where they know RP is happening and hope that RP will pick back up on DayZRP, and it seems to be a period this community goes through that will eventually pass...

I appreciate the loremasters attempting to solve this with the events they've been doing as well, there have been some fun RP encounters, I just wish more people took the bait and investigated these occurrences so it would start some actual storylines...

Share this post


Link to post
40 minutes ago, Malthis said:

Not gonna beat around the bush, there's a lot of people taking a break from the server right now due to just disinterest. A lot of people feel the state of RP has fallen into repetitive hostile encounters with lack of RP, and I personally agree it feels that way from my own personal standpoint. I honestly don't recall the last time that there was actual storylines happening, all I see lately is people standing around joking and memeing until one group or another starts hostilities or decides to raid a base.

I used to have people constantly roleplaying out injuries and asking for medical RP, it's definitely been a few weeks since anyone even bothered to ask for a bullet pulled from them. I understand that if there's a lack of RP that the individuals complaining about it should try to be a deciding factor and attempt various means of pushing RP, but after so many attempts there's a feeling of defeat. People start playing on other communities where they know RP is happening and hope that RP will pick back up on DayZRP, and it seems to be a period this community goes through that will eventually pass...

I appreciate the loremasters attempting to solve this with the events they've been doing as well, there have been some fun RP encounters, I just wish more people took the bait and investigated these occurrences so it would start some actual storylines...

I agree with everything you've said. The server at one point was Hardcore RP but has slowly devolved into softcore RP. People do the bare minimum to initiate "hands up or die". I was involved in a situation that was live streamed, and some other community members were in the persons chat, and they said "Wow their only pain RPing because they're a hostage." like no, I'm pain RPing because I took a bullet to my unarmored chest. It's at the point where people get annoyed when you try to RP because they just want to get into as many fights as possible.

 

Ontop of that groups are metagaming. I don't mean to call anyone out, but one of the largest groups was allied with another very large group just because they "Didn't want to fight them" which is fair, however, it makes no IC sense for these two groups to have been allied. They're polar opposites. They just allied because they pick so many fights with everyone that they can't also be fighting another super group. People seem to have forgotten that even if you lose the RP can be good. You don't always need the W.

 

Going back to what I said earlier about the pain RP, the quality of RP I'm general is just so low. No-one reacts to being shot anymore, everytime you get into a firefight both sides just insult each other the whole time instead of being concerned about their well-being of their group members well beings, and hardly anyone values their life. In a gunfight they just fight to the last man instead of maybe retreating or surrendering due to losses. And I'd you try to RP something serious you're mocked for it. I've seen people walking up to a group and members of that group ran to the people walking and said things like "Stop walking like edgelords" "What is this an anime intro? Just run". It's just no fun. 

 

At this point I'm certain you'd get the same quality of RP from an un-whitelisted server. It's seriously disappointing. 

Share this post


Link to post

I think that Livonia provides something new to the community, both maps are good.

If we don't have enough people to fill them, well... that's because we have an ENORMOUS amount of permabanned players. They should be unbanned (for free and without weird requirements).

Share this post


Link to post

I think we should tune into one map. Look at arma 3 for example. None of those maps were poppin out much longer than 2-4 months. Also, lots of games have come out recently. Halo master chief collection. RDR2 on steam, Star Wars Fallen order, etc. also it’s holiday season so peeps go out with their family. I’d say still focus into one server cause it is only a matter of time until Livonia dies

Share this post


Link to post

Pop is low atm because the holidays are coming up. Also Halo MCC and RDR2 on PC came out, as well as Star Wars Fallen Order and other games that people were hyped for. I'd say give it about 2-3 weeks and people will come back here.

Share this post


Link to post
11 minutes ago, William89 said:

I think that Livonia provides something new to the community, both maps are good.

If we don't have enough people to fill them, well... that's because we have an ENORMOUS amount of permabanned players. They should be unbanned (for free and without weird requirements).

I could care less if the server population is low, I wouldn't want permabanned individuals getting a free pass back into the community just to pad the numbers. If they were banned for a legitimate reason they can appeal or pay amnesty like everyone else, there's no reason in having a system in place to deal with rule breaks if suddenly every individual was suddenly unbanned just because our population dwindled for a small period.

Share this post


Link to post

If Livonia was free to play I'd say shut down Chernarus for a month and leave it exclusively Livonia. People will cry because changing the status quo always leaves a few feeling out of place, longer term though it'd be a good solution for those who find Chernarus dull. After thousands of hours in mod and thousands of hours in SA, I still love it, but I'm always itching to try new things. 

There are obviously other factors at play too, such as the approaching (already upon us for some) exam season, holidays, new game releases and the general aids that RP can be sometimes. 

Share this post


Link to post
49 minutes ago, MasonWB said:

I’d say still focus into one server cause it is only a matter of time until Livonia dies

If Livonia gets shutdown, I'm pretty sure S1 population won't go up, the members playing Livonia right now are on S2 BECAUSE they want to play Livonia. If it gets shut down, I'll just stop playing. The level of immersion of S1 right now is at an all-time low, people initiate for little to no reason, some even get annoyed or laugh when you actually act in character, large groups just meme and go OOC when they think no one's watching or even when they are, it's seriously abysmal. Stuff gets swept under the rug of indifference right now that would have been frowned upon or reported not that long ago. The worst part is that new members see this level of roleplay and think that's what's supposed to be like, and everyone gives each other free passes and just shrug at people getting KoS'd left and right and going OOC in game because they expect a free pass when it's going to be their turn to fuck something up. It's actually really sad.

Share this post


Link to post
16 minutes ago, OldSchool said:

The level of immersion of S1 right now is at an all-time low, people initiate for little to no reason, some even get annoyed or laugh when you actually act in character, large groups just meme and go OOC when they think no one's watching or even when they are, it's seriously abysmal. Stuff gets swept under the rug of indifference right now that would have been frowned upon or reported not that long ago. The worst part is that new members see this level of roleplay and think that's what's supposed to be like, and everyone gives each other free passes and just shrug at people getting KoS'd left and right and going OOC in game because they expect a free pass when it's going to be their turn to fuck something up. It's actually really sad.

Feels like this needs to be its own thread.



But no, if Livonia shut down i'd be pissed. Also I doubt that it would be a cause of the population going down ever so slightly. It's more what OldSchool said.

Share this post


Link to post

Livonia is such a nice change. 

Things I like about Livonia:

  • Military areas are spread throughout the map from south east to north west. So everyone isn't always running into the same military base, which really spreads the roleplay out and gives you a better chance at finding stuff.
  • Regardless of the type of building inside a military area it can spawn military items.
  • Dense forests you can get lost in if you aren't careful and a fear of the Bears and wolves that live in them.
  • Realistic farmland.
  • No needing to swim over water to get to certain key points on the map.
  • A much more modern / newer looking map, Chernarus hasn't aged well.
  • Realistic military training area.

Things I don't like about Livonia

  • So many infected, you can even find a dozen infected surrounding a house or in the middle of a field. But it does satisfy those that have always wanted roaming hoards.
  • Some buildings still have Chernarus maps.
  • No schools wtf.
  • I have to learn a new fucking language to be a local again.
Edited by Finn

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, William89 said:

I think that Livonia provides something new to the community, both maps are good.

If we don't have enough people to fill them, well... that's because we have an ENORMOUS amount of permabanned players. They should be unbanned (for free and without weird requirements).

I'd like toxic individuals to remain barred from here thank you very much.

 

With that out of the way, it's the holidays, people are likely spending their free time attending Christmas dinner parties, hanging with their families or are otherwise pre-occupied, much like during summer the actual amount of players tend to drop during seasonal holidays.

Give it a bit longer, monitor how S1 and S2 are doing and you will come to notice that they are slowly increasing, at least in Livonia's case.

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, William89 said:

I think that Livonia provides something new to the community, both maps are good.

If we don't have enough people to fill them, well... that's because we have an ENORMOUS amount of permabanned players. They should be unbanned (for free and without weird requirements).

If someone was permabanned they obvious didn't care much about the server and the people in it, people get lots of chances.

I literally had my share of everything from HostileRP to PassiveRP and I haven't gotten a single point.

Back on the topic,

hopefully after christmas the numbers increase, I really want to see people play Livonia because I guarantee they won't regret it, the landscape is beautiful.

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, William89 said:

If we don't have enough people to fill them, well... that's because we have an ENORMOUS amount of permabanned players. They should be unbanned (for free and without weird requirements).

Nah they should stay gone.

I would think it would be for the best when having to servers to give it some room see how the Nr look and if either maps continues in popularity do a full on switch.

Edited by Eagle

Share this post


Link to post

Please Read...

4 hours ago, Malthis said:
Spoiler

 

Not gonna beat around the bush, there's a lot of people taking a break from the server right now due to just disinterest. A lot of people feel the state of RP has fallen into repetitive hostile encounters with lack of RP, and I personally agree it feels that way from my own personal standpoint. I honestly don't recall the last time that there was actual storylines happening, all I see lately is people standing around joking and memeing until one group or another starts hostilities or decides to raid a base.

I used to have people constantly roleplaying out injuries and asking for medical RP, it's definitely been a few weeks since anyone even bothered to ask for a bullet pulled from them. I understand that if there's a lack of RP that the individuals complaining about it should try to be a deciding factor and attempt various means of pushing RP, but after so many attempts there's a feeling of defeat. People start playing on other communities where they know RP is happening and hope that RP will pick back up on DayZRP, and it seems to be a period this community goes through that will eventually pass...

I appreciate the loremasters attempting to solve this with the events they've been doing as well, there have been some fun RP encounters, I just wish more people took the bait and investigated these occurrences so it would start some actual storylines...

 

 

3 hours ago, SwampyMuffinz said:
Spoiler

 

I agree with everything you've said. The server at one point was Hardcore RP but has slowly devolved into softcore RP. People do the bare minimum to initiate "hands up or die". I was involved in a situation that was live streamed, and some other community members were in the persons chat, and they said "Wow their only pain RPing because they're a hostage." like no, I'm pain RPing because I took a bullet to my unarmored chest. It's at the point where people get annoyed when you try to RP because they just want to get into as many fights as possible.

 

Ontop of that groups are metagaming. I don't mean to call anyone out, but one of the largest groups was allied with another very large group just because they "Didn't want to fight them" which is fair, however, it makes no IC sense for these two groups to have been allied. They're polar opposites. They just allied because they pick so many fights with everyone that they can't also be fighting another super group. People seem to have forgotten that even if you lose the RP can be good. You don't always need the W.

 

Going back to what I said earlier about the pain RP, the quality of RP I'm general is just so low. No-one reacts to being shot anymore, everytime you get into a firefight both sides just insult each other the whole time instead of being concerned about their well-being of their group members well beings, and hardly anyone values their life. In a gunfight they just fight to the last man instead of maybe retreating or surrendering due to losses. And I'd you try to RP something serious you're mocked for it. I've seen people walking up to a group and members of that group ran to the people walking and said things like "Stop walking like edgelords" "What is this an anime intro? Just run". It's just no fun. 

 

At this point I'm certain you'd get the same quality of RP from an un-whitelisted server. It's seriously disappointing. 

 

 

I truly do appreciate that you two are speaking out honestly. Because it's how I have been feeling about this server for a good year or so now. It's just been on a path of downhill struggle for a long time. I feel our staff team tries their best, but I feel there are issues that go unaddressed. There's been clear-cut decisions that haven't exactly been for the greater good of the community. I would like to point out, that even with the revisements, I feel the  white-list process and character page regulations are rather minimalist. I am sure I can bring up other thoughts on other matters but I don't think is necessary unless the staff want to open a dialogue with the community regarding the inner-works of what they're attempting to accomplish.

I can say after today's encounter, which lead me to report a newly whitelisted player, that I am rather irritated on how the hell such a player even managed to get onto the server, because I would have never had encountered this two years ago.

--- To stay on topic; one of my points to make a statement of, is that there definitely needs to be a change in the mentality of this community and I think the occasional update or change in the rules (even after community discussions) is not enough. We need to enforce and return to previous methods of stricteness like with the older rules. I also think the veteran players need to start giving a shit again otherwise we'll just continue to lose the quality and seriousness of roleplay. Veteran players should make an example of themselves to the newer players. I feel reintroducing a reliable Mentor Program is a good step in that direction...

I am saddened by the fact, that a sizeable amount of players I once had a lot of respect and joy for to which created an immersive roleplay environment of variety have left the community for others.  I should mention a handful of these individuals made it their business, on how they left, because they may have gotten themselves permanently banned from the community because they spoke out publically about their frustration (in an inappropriate manner), but what they said was very true. 

I only stick around in this community I have devoted my time, money, and a respectable reputation in a gaming community that I have come to love. I think @Roland is a reliable community owner, despite my occasional disagreement with how he handles shit. He's fair, respects your opinion, and is even willing to admit his mistakes when he fucks up.  Those kind of qualities are rare in real life, especially online. Trust me, I have met and spoke with hundreds of individuals online and played in (and even hosted) many gaming communities over the last 20 years.

Anyways, I am sure there's more to be said, but I am happy people are at least discussing it.

 

3 hours ago, William89 said:
Spoiler

 

I think that Livonia provides something new to the community, both maps are good.

If we don't have enough people to fill them, well... that's because we have an ENORMOUS amount of permabanned players. They should be unbanned (for free and without weird requirements).

 

 

That is an absolutely horrible idea. I have yet to get a single warning point and I have played nearly 2600 hours on DayZRP in the last 2 1/2 years. The fact that people get in trouble, it's likely due to their complete disregard of the rules and generally have an attitude problem.

Edited by Camo
Revised most of my post, as I seemed to go on a tangent.

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, OldSchool said:

If Livonia gets shutdown, I'm pretty sure S1 population won't go up, the members playing Livonia right now are on S2 BECAUSE they want to play Livonia. 

Or they just see an alternative to get away from Chernarus for a bit. Groups migrated to Deer Isle in the past and came back when it got shut down cause Deer Isle was their own little safe bubble where the majority of hostile RPers didn't go because it didn't facilitate the loot n shoot game style, which I enjoy when playing Chernarus. Deer Isle was pretty lit too but y'know, the campfire groups that went over there came back to Chernarus when there was no alternative. The pop will go up, just not as much as people expect.

Share this post


Link to post
30 minutes ago, Camo said:

But I mean come on, let's be honest here... when I first joined, there's no way in hell I would have such a pathetic roleplay encounter like this... 

This is an absolutely abysmal excuse for RP and is the level i've seen before in my year away from this community. If this report somehow doesn't work out in your favor i'd be stunned

 

The mentor program would help with a return in quality RP. I also feel a slightly more strict vetting process for applicants could work but i'm not sure what that would be

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, SwampyMuffinz said:

At this point I'm certain you'd get the same quality of RP from an un-whitelisted server. It's seriously disappointing. 

I mean facts, but have you reported it or talked to them? The amount of people I see complaining about how RP is this and RP is that but never actually threw a report up or went to talk with the people in question is astonishing. How do you wish for an issue to be fixed if you don't do anything about it?

As for the server split, I honestly don't care. I run around and try and have fun regardless of how many people play Livonia.

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, AndreyQ said:

I mean facts, but have you reported it or talked to them? The amount of people I see complaining about how RP is this and RP is that but never actually threw a report up or went to talk with the people in question is astonishing. How do you wish for an issue to be fixed if you don't do anything about it?

As for the server split, I honestly don't care. I run around and try and have fun regardless of how many people play Livonia.

Facts . Sadly most of the people who I see die, or get taken hostage and have a problem with it tend to only care about a few things :

gear

Their character winning or else not being forced into roleplay they didn’t plan on having ahead of time. 

Or some other dumb shit. If people are giving shit rp to you, report it and let the staff handle it.  Complaining about obscure interactions with no references or examples is fucking stupid. 

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...