S2 Livonia - RDM/Invalid Kill Ruleplay at 1013 GMT 7/12/2019

Server and location: S2 Livonia, road from Racaz

Approximate time and date of the incident (SERVER TIME): 1013 GMT, 12/7/2019

Your in game name: Mikhail Laenix

Names of allies involved: @TheFlare1, @ZombieSniper

Name of suspect/s: Unknown, +3 people

Friendly/Enemy vehicles involved (if any): Yellow Sarka

Additional evidence? (video/screenshot): https://streamable.com/m498x

Detailed description of the events: We drove from Adamow to Radcaz to pick up ZombieSniper's friend. I met him a Nagborn and he gave me a ride. From there, after we picked up his friend to drive back home to their base, there was three men on the road with their backs to us. He began to scream at them to move out of the way which two move and the third I believe attempted to move just as we were swerving to avoid him and as a result he was accidently killed.

We decided to stop and get out to apologize to the two men which they responded angrily understandably. They demanded that we compensate them which I guess they were going to hold us up because they were acting aggressive. I was about to offer to give them my AK74SU as an apology and to try and part both ways before they held us up. I raised my hands up while one of the people I was with 'ZombieSniper' opened fire, but he was dispatched. As soon as he was killed, I'd already had my hands up before they turned and killed me as well.

Aira POV:

@ZombieSniper picked me up in Radacz after dying to a group of infected. He picks me up and we start driving back down to where he came from, since we were going to go loot military bases so i can hopefully get back some of the stuff i lost. On the road towards Topolin three people were running along the road, @ZombieSniper then screamed for them to get out of the way, one guy on the left hand side turns around, and walks out in front of our car. I made the decision for @ZombieSniper to stop the car, and get out to talk to them. As you can hear I totally saw the initiation coming, but i still want to talk to them to see if we can work something out. We talk back and forth until they drop the initiation, i put my hands up, @ZombieSniper doesn't and OP also puts his hands up. After a short firefight, they kill @ZombieSniperand then turn and execute OP, they tie my hands up, take away my knife and my guns, drive me in our car away from the scene and force me to walk away from the car.

I don't know if this is relevant, but they never asked me if i was thirsty or hungry, then took my knife so i couldn't open any cans or anything. I almost died of starvation

Connection Logs

Spoiler
20:16:16 | Player "Mikhail Laenix" is connected
-DEAD-
22:34:59 | Player "Mikhail Laenix" has been disconnected

21:42:42 | Player "Aira Yoshida" is connected
22:11:48 | Player "Aira Yoshida" has been disconnected
22:11:58 | Player "Aira Yoshida" is connected
23:03:13 | Player "Aira Yoshida" has been disconnected

21:00:03 | Player "Varin Ragnvald" is connected
-DEAD-
22:37:27 | Player "Varin Ragnvald" has been disconnected

21:53:09 | Player "Josh Sawyer" is connected
-DEAD-
22:33:33 | Player "Josh Sawyer" has been disconnected

21:22:31 | Player "Ziggy Herb" is connected
23:18:48 | Player "Ziggy Herb" has been disconnected
23:21:05 | Player "Ziggy Herb" is connected
23:23:40 | Player "Ziggy Herb" has been disconnected
23:23:49 | Player "Ziggy Herb" is connected
01:44:08 | Player "Ziggy Herb" has been disconnected

21:21:51 | Player "Lewis Jackson" is connected
23:18:48 | Player "Lewis Jackson" has been disconnected
23:20:25 | Player "Lewis Jackson" is connected
23:24:15 | Player "Lewis Jackson" has been disconnected
23:25:20 | Player "Lewis Jackson" is connected
00:56:34 | Player "Lewis Jackson" has been disconnected

Hit Logs

Spoiler
22:31:25 | Player "Josh Sawyer" hit by Sedan_02 with TransportHit
22:34:06 | Player "Aira Yoshida" hit by Player "Ziggy Herb" with M16A4 from 4.72927 meters
22:34:07 | Player "Varin Ragnvald" hit by Player "Ziggy Herb" with M16A4 from 8.44775 meters 
22:34:08 | Player "Varin Ragnvald" hit by Player "Ziggy Herb" with M16A4 from 7.95713 meters 
22:34:08 | Player "Varin Ragnvald" hit by Player "Ziggy Herb" with M16A4 from 7.95713 meters 
22:34:08 | Player "Ziggy Herb" hit by Player "Varin Ragnvald" with M4A1 from 7.90785 meters
22:34:08 | Player "Varin Ragnvald" hit by Player "Lewis Jackson" with Vityaz-SN PP19-01 from 13.2024 meters 
22:34:08 | Player "Varin Ragnvald" hit by Player "Lewis Jackson" with Vityaz-SN PP19-01 from 13.4737 meters 
22:34:10 | Player "Mikhail Laenix" hit by Player "Lewis Jackson" with Vityaz-SN PP19-01 from 8.62535 meters 
22:34:10 | Player "Mikhail Laenix" hit by Player "Lewis Jackson" with Vityaz-SN PP19-01 from 8.62535 meters 
22:34:10 | Player "Mikhail Laenix" hit by Player "Lewis Jackson" with Vityaz-SN PP19-01 from 8.62536 meters 

Kill Logs

Spoiler
22:31:25 | Player "Josh Sawyer" (DEAD) killed by Sedan_02
22:34:08 | Player "Varin Ragnvald" (DEAD) killed by Player "Ziggy Herb" with M16A4 from 7.95713 meters 
22:34:10 | Player "Mikhail Laenix" (DEAD) killed by Player "Lewis Jackson" with Vityaz-SN PP19-01 from 8.62536 meters 

Calling in the below for their POV and full unedited video evidence.

OP & Company

@Annoying Rooster - Mikhail Laenix - OP

@TheFlare1 - Aira Yoshida - POSTED

@ZombieSniper - Varin Ragnvald - POSTED

Accused

@trtn - Josh Sawyer - POSTED

@ImDongle - Ziggy Herb - POSTED

@SgtCombs12 - Lewis Jackson - POSTED

Me, @trtn and @SgtCombs12 were running down the road when a vehicle came flying by and killed one of our buddies, They stop and get out and start talking to us, they said sorry and we asked for something as comp and and 1 got smart so i held them up, 1 had his gun out and tried to shoot and i killed him, @SgtCombs12  then started to shoot the other guy started to move. We then let @TheFlare1 free.

1 minute ago, ImDongle said:

then started to shoot the other guy started to move.

In the video you can see the guy didn't move at all, he stood still

Me, @ImDongle, and @trtn were all running down the road staggered on different sides and a car came up behind us. The driver started yelling to get out of the way so I moved, but it seemed like nobody else heard him so I called it out in comms and @trtn started moving to the left, but they just swerved all the way to the other end of the road and ran him over anyways. They stopped and got out and had conversation with us and @ImDongle announced they were being held up after somebody got smart for no reason (I believe it was the guy I killed). One guy raised his weapon so we opened fire on him and afterwards I killed the one closest to me because I thought he started moving and I thought he would pull out a weapon.

Varin POV:

After Picking up @TheFlare1 in Radacz we were going to head back down to collect some better equipment for @TheFlare1 Character Aira. A little ways after picking Aira up we saw a group of three people walking down the right side of the road. I immediately started to yell which was followed by the OP yelling and @TheFlare1 yelling also for them to move out of the way. Seeing as they were on the right/middle of the road I was going to move to the left as far as I could without going offroad. One person sadly did not move to the right and got ran over accidently. promptly we stopped the car freaked out not expecting this to happen. Asking if we should get out not sure of whats going on, @TheFlare1 making the executive decision to get out and to try and make mends in hopefully anyway we could is what I thought. Talks quickly went south and after heated discussion we were told to put our hands up. I who had my M4a1 already out as of getting out of the car decided to not oblige and try to defend myself and my friends, ultimately resulting in a very short fire fight and my death. 

So basically I'm walking down the road with my friends, and then turn around and get hit by a car swerving into me.  My friends then kill them later and its not allowed? Seems kinda weird because THEY MURDERED ME.

It is allowed HOWEVER only on the driver as he was the only one in control of the vehicle hence kill rights are shared there.

What is not allowed is when your friends kill complying hostages that pose no threats.

No kill rights are shared with the passengers of the car especially when they complied.

Edited by Annoying Rooster

@SgtCombs12 @ImDongle
Please describe in detail the hostage encounter you had after the shooting with @TheFlare1. Did you rob him? Did you leave him with a means to survive after driving away?

Posting with Rover's permission:

This was the conversation right after rooster get's killed as Rover requested to hear the rest on the conversation with what I was saying which I can admit sounds suspicious but I clarify a second after I'm not going to use the information in game. However since @TheFlare1 survived he told me of the conversation and who the people where to his extent which was britsh and american.

Though not directly involved with the situation - I was the one who had to run half way across the map and locate @TheFlare1 with a gun to find him as quick as possible, logs show him logging out because he was going to die of starvation. This let him have no chance of survival. He logged on when I was closer in order for him not to die as he valued his characters life. This was me managing to give him food which you can hear him say he is on red (he luckily found 2 field mushrooms in the forest to conserve him for a small minute). My main priority was to make sure Flare did not die because of this situation.

This video is basically - mention of red food symbol - shots in air to locate - locate - drop backpack of grown food - create fire - drop mp5 - make fire - cook meat - Flare mentions red food isn't going up - mentions relogging - then the rest is handing him cooked meat to raise his food health back to normalisation.

I hope this helps with the staff team for more clarification. In my eyes (whilst Flare found a gun) he was not left with a realistic chance of survival.

I'd like staff to take note:

]Food spawns in Livonia is especially hard on hunger time limit and the main base is to risk a hoard of infected to get a small chance of finding a can on them.

Water wells are a commodity and are hidden (especially since this is such a new map and since Flare was not dropped off in a location close to a well).

29 minutes ago, Mademoiselle said:

(whilst Flare found a gun)

May i just also note, i was extremely lucky when i found that gun. A little while after they told me to run, i found a helicopter crash that wasn't looted. At the crash i found an SVDS that just so happened to take Mosin ammo, the gun they had stripped me of

From what I remember, after we shot the first 2 @ImDongle and I decided to let the driver live and both him and @ImDongle had gotten into the car with the intent to take him away from civilization and drop him off somewhere barren. We had already robbed him prior to him getting in the vehicle but I'm not entirely sure what he dropped because none of his items went to me. After him  and @ImDongle left in the car I have no clue what happened.

2 hours ago, SgtCombs12 said:

From what I remember, after we shot the first 2 @ImDongle and I decided to let the driver live and both him and @ImDongle had gotten into the car with the intent to take him away from civilization and drop him off somewhere barren. We had already robbed him prior to him getting in the vehicle but I'm not entirely sure what he dropped because none of his items went to me. After him  and @ImDongle left in the car I have no clue what happened.

This is a wrong statement.

@TheFlare1 is the passenger in the back with the red beret.

@Annoying Rooster is the passenger in the front right.

@ZombieSniper is the driver.

Just to clarify proper facts.

There were 3 people in the car, not four. So I don't know where the extra two came from unless you're thinking this is me.

That is all - I will not post unless staff ask me any other questions or need more evidence.

Never said there were 4 people, but I thought the guy that we let go was the driver. My bad I guess.

On 12/7/2019 at 11:32 PM, TheFlare1 said:

I don't know if this is relevant, but they never asked me if i was thirsty or hungry, then took my knife so i couldn't open any cans or anything. I almost died of starvation

If you were thirsty or hungry, did you tell them? Did you ask for food/water if you needed it before they released you?

Due to the fact that @ImDongle has both been on the forums and in-game since being asked a question by @Rover and he has not responded, he will now be temporarily banned until he does so.

19 hours ago, Conor said:

If you were thirsty or hungry, did you tell them? Did you ask for food/water if you needed it before they released you?

If i'm to be honest, i'm a very unobservant person. I was more focused on not being shot to look at my food. I noticed my food after they let me go, so that one is on me. But the encounter was very short anyway. I was held up for maybe at most 4 minutes? They didn't ask me anything really, nor did i ask anything. Also, i had no food, most i had was a bottle of water that i had just found.

Edited by TheFlare1
Adding the food part

Verdict:

@SgtCombs12 | Invalid Kill (Roleplayed) | Guilty

@SgtCombs12 & @ImDongle | Bad RP | Inconclusive

@ZombieSniper | Invalid Kill (On Sight) | Not Guilty

Reason:

In this situation, @ZombieSniper and his friends are traveling in a car at speed when they spot a group of three men on the road ahead of them. They call out for the men to move out of the way whilst at the same time, the car moves over to the side of the road in an attempt to avoid the men. Two of the men move to the opposite side however @trtn moves left, in front of the car and is subsequently run over and killed. The car stops and those inside exit the car in an attempt to make amends with the two remaining men until the point comes where they are initiated on. @ZombieSniper does not comply and is killed whilst @Annoying Rooster and @TheFlare1 comply. Whilst they are both complying, @Annoying Rooster is gunned down by @SgtCombs12 and eventually, @TheFlare1 is released. In the future we would recommend that anyone driving a car, upon encountering a person in the road would slow down and follow the actions displayed by @thezombienerd123 and his friends by moving to the side of the road and making your presence known in order to clear the road and make way for you to continue driving.

If you find yourself in the middle of the road and a car approaches from behind you, it is a good idea to look around using the free-look button in game to see where the car is driving and determine your best route to take in order to avoid being run over, instead of stepping to the side and turning your whole body as this can put you at risk of stepping into the path of the car and being killed.

With regards to the death of @trtn - The staff team have reached a verdict of not guilty for @ZombieSniper due to the fact that the party in the car tried their best to avoid running anybody over by moving to the side of the road and calling out to the men who were running and we view that the death of @trtn was due to his own actions of stepping in front of the car. He may not have meant to step in front of the car but in this situation, we view him to be the one at fault and responsible for his demise.

Now onto the kill by @SgtCombs12

As soon as you initiate on the group from the car, @Annoying Rooster complies immediately. He raises both his hands and shows no signs of non-compliance.

@SgtCombs12 in your point of view you state, "afterwards I killed the one closest to me because I thought he started moving and I thought he would pull out a weapon."

As we can see in the video provided by the OP this is false. Your victim does not move. He remains standing still with both his arms raised and merely turns his head to look and see what had happened with one of his friends not complying. He was of no threat to you at any point in this situation.

If we look at what rule 4.6 says regarding when a hostage can be executed, we see the following:

c4605dac79.png

During this situation @Annoying Rooster was fully compliant. He did not pose a direct threat to you or your group. He valued his life and he is not in an approved group so bullet points four and five do not apply. You could argue that he participated in the death of your ally however this is a moot point. He was present during the death of your ally however he was a passive participant. He had no control over the situation where your ally died and as such cannot be executed for it.

When you killed him, you killed any chance for the situation to progress through fun and engaging roleplay and as such, you will be punished for an invalid kill.

The staff team have investigated the claims of hostage neglect however due to a lack of evidence to prove exactly what the hostage was left with upon their release, we have reached the outcome that this claim is inconclusive. We would like to remind everybody that upon the release of your hostage, you must leave them with a reasonable chance of survival which includes food and drink, or the means to acquire food and drink. Before a hostage is released, whilst they are in your care you must also make sure that they are given food and drink if they need it. The onus is not just on the hostage takers though. It is also the responsibility of the hostage, in this case @TheFlare1, to inform the hostage takers if they are in need of food and/or drink.

With the above stated, the following applies

Outcome:

@SgtCombs12 | Invalid Kill (Roleplayed) | 3 day ban, 10 warning points

@SgtCombs12 & @ImDongle | Bad RP | No Punishment

@ZombieSniper | Invalid Kill (On Sight) | No Punishment

Due to the fact that @ImDongle failed to respond to the questions asked of him, he will remain temporarily banned and is required to create a ban appeal if he wishes to play again.

Signed by @Conor & @Rover