Server time (UTC): 2020-08-06, 18:37
Sign in to follow this  
TheGlassSpider

Mentor Program

I’m glad to see this make a comeback, hopefully it’s utilised a lot more.

I'm very excited to see the results of this. Best of luck to the Mentors! 

Good luck with this, I'm glad to see it come back. Now it's only a matter of promoting this to the newcomers. 

Just now, groovy harlow said:

Good luck with this, I'm glad to see it come back. Now it's only a matter of promoting this to the newcomers. 

I'm going to keep an eye on the newcomer thread and let all newcomers know about the mentor program. I'm also keeping an eye on the report section from now on and PM'ing any members found guilty of badrp.

Absolutely ecstatic to see the mentor program return and who better to run it than a guy that has put copious amounts of hard work and dedication into the community out of the kindness of his heart. This has needed to make a return for a very long time now and I'm so pleased that it's finally here! Thank you so much for putting so much time and effort into the community over the months. Even with you leaving staff you still manage to find a way to plough your free time into bettering the community and what better way to make DayZRP a more enjoyable experience for all than you bringing the mentor program back?

Best of luck with everything and on behalf of everyone here at DayZRP.. THANK YOU ❤️

Oh bless you all! I am very thankful someone has the time and energy to get involved in recreating the mentor program! We seriously need it! 🙂

Welcome to the team @Dr Brandon & @Apollo

The Mentor team is now full.

If you still want to apply for mentor and your application is approved, then you will be put on a waiting list to be the next mentor.

The thread has been updated and I have added a permanent link to join the Discord to make it easier for people to get in.

Edited by Realize

Glad to this this make a return and I’m happy to see some familiar and friendly names in this roster.

Welcome @Skeeterbolt to the mentor team.

Sadly we say goodbye to @Dr Brandon it has been a good ride my friend.

@Realize - You've made a very happy Buddy out of me

The resources from the original thread are of course at your disposal

Best of luck to you and your team!

giphy.gif

41 minutes ago, Buddy said:

@Realize - You've made a very happy Buddy out of me

The resources from the original thread are of course at your disposal

Best of luck to you and your team!

giphy.gif

Thank you, I will give it a read.

I don't want to make the thread text intensive, I want to make it as simple as possible, most of the work is done in the discord.

I will keep the dream alive @Buddy

robin williams oscars GIF

Can the ownership of this thread be transferred over to the @TheGlassSpider thank you.

@Realize it has been changed to @TheGlassSpider

@Randy Cheers bro

- PLAYER WAS WARNED FOR THIS POST - 

8 hours ago, Undead said:

- PLAYER WAS WARNED FOR THIS POST - 

@thicdickdaddy27 (Chief Beef Rper) + @Undead (He hasn't won any awards for story telling or anything) = Better hostile roleplayers...

-1 from me seems like another favoritism game with one or two exceptions to pacify the true roleplayer masses 

9 hours ago, APositiveElmo said:

Classic, your friend doesn't get accepted so cry elitism, the inverse of people crying bad roleplay cause things didn't go their way.

We've got people from all different RP styles in the MP, take your baseless criticism elsewhere 🙂

"their way" . Nah denying  a volunteer who's saying they're willing try to help the community with the huge influx of new players so stuff like 

this where a person holds a random up, gets shot for it, then reports for ruleplay, unrealistic roleplay,  and 2.3.   Or every other day where I run into someone who doesn't even know which is putting their hands up. I'm gonna ahead and say that yeah denying someone for a volunteer program when i've been playing for almost 7 years on and off, have had about 3 in game bans throughout that entire time, and while rping in nearly 25 different groups, a lot purely hostile, some not. I do think it's kinda dumb to deny people when you still have so many of these issues on the server and it honestly seems like you need all the help you can get. So yeah , kinda looks like elitism. 

Anyway! Good luck with the mentor program, looking forwards to seeing how it works out and if anything actually changes on the server. 

Kind Regards,

Undead & the Alpha Roleplay Squadron . 

This is a group of volunteers who wish to work together as a team. We do not have staff backing, nor titles, nor do we receive any special treatment. The mentors decide as a team when and how to expand the team. 

The kind of passive-aggressive behavior demonstrated above is an example of the kind of behavior that makes the Mentor team deny an application.

The purpose of this post is not to discuss denied applications. If you have further application issues to discuss, bring them to me in PMs - but remember I have a job which is my priority. 

I will ask staff to remove posts that are not topical from here on out. 

Edited to add: There is absolutely nothing stopping you from getting IG, meeting new people, and demonstrating role play. 

Edited by TheGlassSpider

21 minutes ago, Undead said:

"their way" . Nah denying  a volunteer who's saying they're willing try to help the community with the huge influx of new players so stuff like 

this where a person holds a random up, gets shot for it, then reports for ruleplay, unrealistic roleplay,  and 2.3.   Or every other day where I run into someone who doesn't even know which is putting their hands up. I'm gonna ahead and say that yeah denying someone for a volunteer program when i've been playing for almost 7 years on and off, have had about 3 in game bans throughout that entire time, and while rping in nearly 25 different groups, a lot purely hostile, some not. I do think it's kinda dumb to deny people when you still have so many of these issues on the server and it honestly seems like you need all the help you can get. So yeah , kinda looks like elitism. 

Anyway! Good luck with the mentor program, looking forwards to seeing how it works out and if anything actually changes on the server. 

Kind Regards,

Undead & the Alpha Roleplay Squadron . 

Yeah instantly shooting someone because you can and such things isn't RP a good RP for you would be World of Warcraft they attack and don't really care for their life. But good luck man.

21 minutes ago, Undead said:

I'm gonna ahead and say that yeah denying someone for a volunteer program when i've been playing for almost 7 years on and off, have had about 3 in game bans throughout that entire time, and while rping in nearly 25 different groups, a lot purely hostile, some not. I do think it's kinda dumb to deny people when you still have so many of these issues on the server and it honestly seems like you need all the help you can get. So yeah , kinda looks like elitism. 

There are already like 14 mentors in the program, if they were to accept everyone that applies then there would be 30+ mentors sitting there mentoring the 2 people that applied. There is currently a good balance of mentors in regards to their type of RP. There are campfire RPers and hostile ones.

At the end of the day, the program is about integrating people in the community, showing them how most things work and so on. This is not a "Who is the better roleplayer competition". The claims of elitism are baseless. A quick look at the list would make that clear as there are people there far from the word "elitist".

6 hours ago, TheGlassSpider said:

This is a group of volunteers who wish to work together as a team. We do not have staff backing, nor titles, nor do we receive any special treatment. The mentors decide as a team when and how to expand the team. 

This ^ just means whoever volunteered first gets to pick the rest who joins too. To be fair no one stops anyone from creating a second mentor program and dealing with the leadership of that and spending their free-time to write it up, advertise it and then talk to people that apply to become mentor and work with them yourself. When you realize that having to already deal with 13 other people is difficult enough and costs already enough time it doesn't mean you have to pick more to work with you. ( I didn't apply officially myself but was going to however was already made aware they have their hands full with the current team and not everyone wants to work with everyone or for that matter works with everyone well)... I am sure they will do great and anyone that also wishes to help can grab some initiative and build a second program 😄 I am sure depending on how you advertise it you may get a different crowd applying to be helped. And if you decide to share the work and make one program just to help understanding the rules only and the other helps with actual Rp difficulties. A lot of us are not the best readers and to learn the rules by doing can be more encouraging and fun. Plus that doesn't hit on some people's pride as a role-player if its just about learning the rules themselves that doesn't mean you need support with your actual Roleplay. ❤️ Lots of love and good luck. 

Edited by GreenySmiley