Server time (UTC): 2020-01-24, 09:26 WE ARE RECRUITING
Sign in to follow this  
Finn

Nerf zombies #2

Zombies...   

85 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I wouldn't say I'm an expert at ballistics but I'd say I know a thing or two about what happens when a piece of lead penetrates a skull. Since we've had this update that made infected harder to kill all I've pretty much focused on this whole time was surviving instead of finding roleplay. I've died 3 times already just trying to get started as a new spawn. One broken mouse and 1 broken keyboard later, down to flashing red and back up I've finally got myself a stable character. But it doesn't end there, because I barely go into towns anymore because that would only risk getting swarmed because of the amount of shots I have to shoot off in order to kill a zed because of how glitchy and tedious melee is to kill them. I would say it gives proper fear for the infected but I already had fear for them, this just makes me want to run into a house and log off every time I kill one and end up alerting another dozen.

I propose we return things to how they were, because the fact that a single bullet to the head regardless of what caliber it is doesn't kill them takes the cake. Our time shouldn't be focused on the infected they should be focused on roleplay. 

Here's a few examples of what I mean:

This is what it is like in-game today (After the last update to the infected):

This is a ballistics gel test with some of the cartridges we use in the game in one of those cringy zombie videos... they even get M4A1 wrong:

Regardless of the type of cartridge, if it penetrates the skull it should kill the victim immediately.

Thanks for taking the time to read, give the poll a vote above and let me know what you think down below.

Cheers.

Edited by Finn

You can just chain stun them with a melee weapon, don't see why they would be nerfed.

11 minutes ago, KpopKilla said:

You can just chain stun them with a melee weapon, don't see why they would be nerfed.

A .45 round would legit destroy their skull, sending fragments out the back of their head.

But it takes 2-3 shots to the head to actually take them down.

Pretty much any round regardless of size or powder charge would kill them as long as it penetrates the skull. But of course the stigma of the .22 makes it a pea shooter yet it can penetrate a skull and kill someone.

Edited by Finn

I do agree that the head should be a one shot, took 3 shots from a makarov to the head to drop a zombie.

Just now, KpopKilla said:

I do agree that the head should be a one shot, took 3 shots from a makarov to the head to drop a zombie.

That would be a compromise I'd be happy with, as long as they drop after a headshot from any weapon their increased health can stay.

I do not support the idea of nerfing the Infected, their current difficulty is balanced in my opinion. -1

Here's a video from a couple hours ago of me killing some Infected. They're easy to handle; just depends what caliber of weapon you use, and your ability to aim. To be quite frank, using guns to deal with Infected has always been something I consider unnecessary, when you can easily sneak around them, trap them, or run away from them. 

If we make them easy to kill, then they don't really serve any purpose in a survival aspect. They're meant to be dangerous!

57 minutes ago, Camo said:

I do not support the idea of nerfing the Infected, their current difficulty is balanced in my opinion. -1

Here's a video from a couple hours ago of me killing some Infected. They're easy to handle; just depends what caliber of weapon you use, and your ability to aim. To be quite frank, using guns to deal with Infected has always been something I consider unnecessary, when you can easily sneak around them, trap them, or run away from them. 

If we make them easy to kill, then they don't really serve any purpose in a survival aspect. They're meant to be dangerous!

If you took a look at livonia, you'd find that there are about 3 times as many infected. You're using one of the most powerful rifles. All I've been able to find in Livonia are pistols, submachine guns and low powered semi automatics. Of course you find it manageable because you only need to shoot them once. While most weapons require 3 shots to the head in order to take them down.

If you notice my video you'll find that my pistol (the one weapon I have the most ammo for) requires three shots to the head to kill. The is not reasonable at all as that would completely shatter the structure of the skull and brain.

Of course they can be dangerous, but theres dangerous and then theres unrealistic.

Edited by Finn

i agree with that one headshot should kill them instantly.
but i love the extra damage they inflict. a group is really dangerous now and i like that.
although one is still easily killed with punches to the head.

1 hour ago, Will said:

i agree with that one headshot should kill them instantly.
but i love the extra damage they inflict. a group is really dangerous now and i like that.
although one is still easily killed with punches to the head.

I like the new changes, which reward hitting them with headshots. As you say however, it is very nice, that they are dangerous at the moment, if you get trapped between, you are dead.

I don’t think the zombies need to be nerfed I think the smaller caliber ammo needs to be buffed and this has been an issue for a while.

There are some great small weapons that can be hidden on your person like the MP5 or even the pistols but because it doesn’t have much of a kick there is no real point using them.

I don’t see an issue tbh, maybe if the bandaging speed was put back to what it was used to then I’d be a little happy but the game have been a walk in the park for far to long, zombies are meant to be an issue and prior to that the only issues have been PVP and whitenames not knowing the rules. 
I like it, I’d be disappointed if they were nerf’d anymore then they are now. 

1 hour ago, Voodoo said:

I don’t think the zombies need to be nerfed I think the smaller caliber ammo needs to be buffed and this has been an issue for a while.

There are some great small weapons that can be hidden on your person like the MP5 or even the pistols but because it doesn’t have much of a kick there is no real point using them.

9 mm seems to be a big issue, even before the zombie update. As you said, maybe the small caliber damage values should be looked into. 

Four shots in the head with a 9mm to take infected down, seems like something's very wrong here. I like the survival aspect of Livonia but considering the amount of zombies there I reckon the damage values of pistol rounds should be buffed a bit.

3 hours ago, Voodoo said:

I agree! Make pistol calibers buffed up a bit. That should balance the zombies. 

Oh yes and add MORE zombies. Instead, make them walk only but add more of them. Make number's their biggest threat instead. 

Just now, Crimson_Tiger said:

Oh yes and add MORE zombies. 

Well lets not go too far 😁

Nerf there health if they can survive 3 rounds to the face something is wrong, everyone can keep on saying buff the pistols but the zombies are the issue.

Edited by Eagle

Just need to git gud, people. 

I think the general consensus here is that everyone agrees health and damage should stay and headshots should guarantee an instant kill regardless of the ammunition used.

Yes that would be the best solution imo.

Perhaps pistol calibres should be buffed instead. 

I'll ask the big man, if he gives the green light I'll see what I can do 

I can now confirm that Headshot damage was not adjusted to be realistic still, a zombie I shot at from above tanked 3 shots with  5.56 and 2 with 308 winchester. So I agree that all ammo types with headshots should be an instant kill.

2 hours ago, RoverBeast said:

I can now confirm that Headshot damage was not adjusted to be realistic still, a zombie I shot at from above tanked 3 shots with  5.56 and 2 with 308 winchester. So I agree that all ammo types with headshots should be an instant kill.

I don't like that idea. In the sake of realism, I can understand why people liked it that way from before, but for the sake of the challenge of players being more scared of Infected over Players. I like the idea that Infected are equally if not more dangerous now. I say keep it the way it is...

I don't understand why players are so inclined to walking through cities thinking they can just shoot everything they see? Deal with the new conditions and adapt. I have gotten by just fine!

Am I the only one enjoying the fact that I keep finding corpses of players in military locations and cities, because they go around shooting up the whole place thinking they can handle a horde by themselves with a handful of rifle rounds? Seriously, I don't get it...

Edited by Camo

Did some testing.

7.62 x 39 was one shot to an unarmored head.

.308 was one shot to an unarmored head.

9x19mm was 3 shots to a naked head, 4 to infected with a flight helmet.

I'd say that it wasn't fixed correctly based on that 😄

10 minutes ago, Rover said:

Did some testing.

7.62 x 39 was one shot to an unarmored head.

.308 was one shot to an unarmored head.

9x19mm was 3 shots to a naked head, 4 to infected with a flight helmet.

I'd say that it wasn't fixed correctly based on that 😄

That seems somewhat acceptable to me... 

It allows those wielding moderate-to-larger caliber rounds to get by shooting infected easily. I was shooting an AKM the other day and it took 2-3 headshots at 5m.

In regards to smaller calibers, I am kinda hoping they remain difficult to kill, even with headshots.

Edited by Camo

8 minutes ago, Camo said:

That seems somewhat acceptable to me... Not really what some of the folks in the thread wanted though... I remember a couple days ago 7.62x39 would take 2-4 shots to an unarmored head/naked head. Kinda why I switched to .308.

I wonder if they could make it where .45 and 9mm (smaller caliber) rounds, would take 2-3 shots on a military zombie's unarmored head/naked, and only 1 shot to civilian unarmored/naked heads. But we'd be back to dealing with the fact the zombies would then be easier to kill, which I don't like...

If a bullet penetrates a skull it should kill the person/infected/whatever. Once a bullet impacts it's expands and shreds tissue as it travels through flesh, so it's dumb to believe a bullet wouldn't kill an infected if it shredded through it's brain.

This isn't about difficulty, it's about realism and the reverting the focus on RP. I literally have had no time to focus on the search for RP because livonia has about 3x the amount of infected Chernarus does. Even randomly in fields you'll find a pack of 10 infected.

Here's some references on what I mean by damage.

Spoiler

Some expanded pistol rounds.

image.png.556891c406c646154df8051f9f3ddd3d.png

Ballistic gel chart.

image.png.0adfc8afc829592fa2b74886e9cc5cc9.png

Even .22 WMR and .380, relatively small rounds do damage to soft tissue (Smaller picture to scale)

image.png.63585c1582de96de94ce66238f972243.png