Server time (UTC): 2020-08-10, 21:21
Sign in to follow this  
Mercer

Zombies respawn

So I've just noticed something that really ruins the whole zombie killing thing for me. After clearing a town zombies apparently will spawn not more than 30 or so seconds after another gunshot, it doesn't make any sense and I think that the zombie respawns after clearing the current wave should be increased noticably, it wouldn't make sense logically for them to just appear after clearing out 20+ or so. I've noticed it at military tents, small towns etc. 

I think it's a way for compensating the fact that the server can't have 100s of zombies in the area, so it just wipes the current ones you killed and respawns them. It also spawns in more zombies when you shoot a gun.

This is partly due to the server mods, and the changes Roland made with the clearing corpses, items, objects, etc. for the sake of server performance.

I for one would prefer if corpses wouldn't clear so fast. I liked it the way it was before too.

I mean yeah. But it just ruins the whole fact that you and some friends went into a town, cleared them out. Then began looting and lo' and behold 20 new ones just came outta nowhere. I think the bodies should stay longer thus keeping them from respawning too.

Yeah I agree, I was going round with my baseball bat, casually clearing out Zeds in a town I was planning to set up and wanted it to be peaceful where I was staying for a little while, but within a minute later, I seen another zombie suddenly standing in the middle of the road, when I'm pretty certain I killed all the zombies in close proximity.

Kinda takes you out of it a little bit when you can see respawn timers happening effectively infront of you so would be nice to see this changed if possible.

From what I remember the way that most zombie spawns work is that they spawn outside of your line of sight. So the moment you go around the corner and come back, there might be a fresh zombie standing there already. Also you can scout out a town with binocs, don't find any zombies but a minute later when you head down there's a ton of them. There was a thread about it around 2-4 months ago where I've linked reddit thread that describes how things work. I'll try to find it later.

I'll slow down the zombie corpse cleanup to see if it helps with this problem.

Nothing beats my immersion than clearing a town, then standing in front of the police station watching infected pop into existence as if God himself is testing my object permanence like a new formed toddler. I feel like it didn't use to be so sudden and I don't mind seeing larger gatherings of infected, I do mind when they appear after just killing a whole lot as if they were late to the corpse party. 

I have also seen Zombies despawn in front of me, they just disappear when standing on a road and it really trips me out.

16 minutes ago, Brayces said:

Nothing beats my immersion than clearing a town, then standing in front of the police station watching infected pop into existence as if God himself is testing my object permanence like a new formed toddler. I feel like it didn't use to be so sudden and I don't mind seeing larger gatherings of infected, I do mind when they appear after just killing a whole lot as if they were late to the corpse party. 

Meanwhile Brayces is unaware of the giggling GM's in the sky, tormenting her.

But no, in all seriousness I've seen this happen as well and its a pretty.... bruh moment. Hopefully letting the corpses linger longer fixes it!

27 minutes ago, Roland said:

Cheers bud, hopefully its as simple as that 🙂 

10 hours ago, Roland said:

Appreciate it Rolle! ❤️

It's in effect since yesterday evening so let me know if it helped

20 minutes ago, Roland said:

It's in effect since yesterday evening so let me know if it helped

I thought it might of been, on this play session when I was clearing out the town I was camping up in, it certainly felt like I was making more of an effect on the amount of zombies in town compared to before, so it appears as though its helped bud 👍🏽

Edited by J.P