Server time (UTC): 2020-08-06, 02:04
Sign in to follow this  
Roland

DayZRP 19.12.2

In relation to the plate carrier and other armor sources, where does the improvised armor stand? 

Good old @Nathan the Forum Bot doing gods work! Looks great! 

Thank you lord Jesus for the return of Prud.

🙏

Are these finally zombies that might die to an axe to the head?

@Roland if so you're a saint

Brilliant as always Dev Team! 

4 minutes ago, Roland said:

• Zombie head health has been reduced to allow faster death from headshots

thank you from the bottom of my heart!

What the hell is an "Improvised Armor" and how do I make it? Sounds interesting. Also sounds useless to have now. 😅

1 hour ago, APositivePara said:

🙏

They are not. They sitll need a hell lot of hits, hits that are unrealistic from a machete, or a knife etc. And I can still see that bullets still don't matter much. I've fired several times into the head of zombies now and no effect, they tanked those shots.

1 hour ago, APositivePara said:

🙏

4 minutes ago, RoverBeast said:

They are not. They sitll need a hell lot of hits, hits that are unrealistic from a machete, or a knife etc. And I can still see that bullets still don't matter much. I've fired several times into the head of zombies now and no effect, they tanked those shots.

A simple Mosin has done the job for me no problem. Two shot body shot, 1 shot in the head. Or you can leg them with a pistol and run.

Gorka Christmas market? Interesting.

Edited by Winter Lianne

Hope y'all enjoy, I'm still working on more 

2 hours ago, Hex said:

In relation to the plate carrier and other armor sources, where does the improvised armor stand? 

The improvised armor is made of duct tape and sheet metal.

It doesn't protect much against bullets at all, but it does protect against zombies, each version protecting more than the last.

2 minutes ago, Ducky said:

It doesn't protect much against bullets at all, but it does protect against zombies, each version protecting more than the last.

Well thats disappointing. Back to everyone wearing plate carriers it seems.

9 minutes ago, Ducky said:

The improvised vests are pretty cool, it's kinda sad that they offer barely any protection. Like it takes a bit of time to make one, so just getting one for the sake of "protection against zombies" seems pretty disappointing and doubt many people will use it.

Glad I don’t have to use 350 bullets or shoot 5 times on infected’s heads.... 

When can we stop the massive amount of respawning infected too? It’s pretty ridiculous. 

There is survivor mode.

Then there is plain stupid.

2 minutes ago, AndreyQ said:

The improvised vests are pretty cool, it's kinda sad that they offer barely any protection. Like it takes a bit of time to make one, so just getting one for the sake of "protection against zombies" seems pretty disappointing and doubt many people will use it.

It does still offer protection against firearms, just not even remotely as much as it used to, because it was simply too overpowered, a craftable armor set that was better than the Plate Carrier should not be a thing.

However, as stated, it does protect against firearms a little, but the main appeal should be that it offers significant protection against Zombies and Melee attacks.

The platecarrier reduces bullet damage by roughly 50%, the new improvised duct tape / sheet metal vests reduce the bullet damage by 20%

1 hour ago, Ducky said:

It does still offer protection against firearms, just not even remotely as much as it used to, because it was simply too overpowered, a craftable armor set that was better than the Plate Carrier should not be a thing.

However, as stated, it does protect against firearms a little, but the main appeal should be that it offers significant protection against Zombies and Melee attacks.

The platecarrier reduces bullet damage by roughly 50%, the new improvised duct tape / sheet metal vests reduce the bullet damage by 20%

Honestly I understand the reasoning, but in truth, the plate carrier has zero opposition in terms of protection, if you look at any other game almost 100% of the time they will have alternatives to protection. I felt like this could have been DayZ's big opposition to the plate carrier and it being a pretty good difference in style as well. I agree the protection should not be above a plate carrier, but perhaps a little closer? maybe 45 or 40%? Just to give people the actual reasoning to wear it....or whats the point of even having it? There are loads of other vests that give protection, but nothing that can beat a plate carrier or even come close. I think the 6b5 is the only vest that comes close to its protection values. 

3 minutes ago, Hex said:

Honestly I understand the reasoning, but in truth, the plate carrier has zero opposition in terms of protection, if you look at any other game almost 100% of the time they will have alternatives to protection. I felt like this could have been DayZ's big opposition to the plate carrier and it being a pretty good difference in style as well. I agree the protection should not be above a plate carrier, but perhaps a little closer? maybe 45 or 40%? Just to give people the actual reasoning to wear it....or whats the point of even having it? There are loads of other vests that give protection, but nothing that can beat a plate carrier or even come close. I think the 6b5 is the only vest that comes close to its protection values. 

Basically this ^

Would be nice to have groups wear this mad max like armor but why would they when it doesn't give them any sort of advantage over the plate. It just means they have a higher chance of dying when getting into a fight.

10 minutes ago, Hex said:

6b5 has identical protection capabilities to the Plate Carrier, it is a direct alternative.

Additionally you can have better protection if you use the Ratnik 6b43 jugg suit, which will provide you with emmense protection at the expense of your mobility.

No crafted armor should be able to compete with these things, thats why I made it less effective against bullets and more effective against zombies, so that it still retains usefulness to some degree, especially now that zombies are hitting much harder and take longer to kill.

Some nice additions, maybe I should get back on the server some time soon 

3 hours ago, Ducky said:

6b5 has identical protection capabilities to the Plate Carrier, it is a direct alternative.

Additionally you can have better protection if you use the Ratnik 6b43 jugg suit, which will provide you with emmense protection at the expense of your mobility.

No crafted armor should be able to compete with these things, thats why I made it less effective against bullets and more effective against zombies, so that it still retains usefulness to some degree, especially now that zombies are hitting much harder and take longer to kill.

Not counting the jug armor, because your average player wont wear that.

So you can use either the 6b5 or plate. 2 options. I dont see why it being crafted makes it less inclined to have protection against gunfire? If proliferation is an issue, players find just as many plate carriers, plus you need to have the correct materials to make it. So instead of just finding a plate carrier, you find scrap metal. Same thing in truth. 

People are still gonna wear the damn thing because its different, but its just kinda silly to nerf something to the point of uselessness because its a contender with other items.  

1 minute ago, Hex said:

Not counting the jug armor, because your average player wont wear that.

So you can use either the 6b5 or plate. 2 options. I dont see why it being crafted makes it less inclined to have protection against gunfire? If proliferation is an issue, players find just as many plate carriers, plus you need to have the correct materials to make it. So instead of just finding a plate carrier, you find scrap metal. Same thing in truth. 

People are still gonna wear the damn thing because its different, but its just kinda silly to nerf something to the point of uselessness because its a contender with other items.  

It's useless in a gunfight.

It is very useful against zombies and melee.

It's simply a balancing issue. High end things should be rare or require effort to find, not to be crafted from duct tape. It's exactly the same issue as with improvised tents and wood storage which have also been removed or had their application reduced because they offered far too much for the effort required to get them.