Server time (UTC): 2020-01-29, 12:52 WE ARE RECRUITING
Sign in to follow this  
Apollo

Group Implemented base too OP

Do you agree with my views?  

109 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Interesting to me how only certain groups can have pre-made bases that are huge and arguably impenetrable, but other groups can't have something even a fraction of the size...

Bases should follow the same implementation as old mod days.

Create a base thread, make screenshots, let staff look over it and approve/deny.

People can leave their feedback and changes can be made before implementation to ensure it follows community standards and remains fair.

So I'm fairly certain that it goes through a process, but players dont see it. It would not be added in unless it had the blessing of staff.

As for the topic of 'its too OP' alright? its supposed to be a strong point. It is not supposed to be easy to attack unless you are skilled, have numbers or the defenders lack numbers. It is not so easy to just bum-rush in and get cheeky kills, you have to plan and work around problems. Prison island is pretty difficult to attack itself, especially when built up...but people still do it?

Apollo defense squad assemble 😎

Kinda dumb how you can gain a fortress by just being in a group.

Hey those pictures look familiar, look at that Chonky boi in that Jugg suit . 

Yeah I mean it was a disgusting amount of gear really.  Now I’ve become what I hate and I too have a sicking abundance of gear .

I miss the Ravens nest or Diesel where I’ve had fun both on the attacking and defending side . I prefer more even odds with some defensive advantages over having to sit and watch 200 windows , break through a million hallways which are likely covered in land mines during a siege ( we found something like 30 in the base ), and 7 different possible entire buildings someone can be third personing in. I think some of these bases could just use a review to make sure they promote roleplay instead of hoarding and offline robberies.

Edited by Undead

I mean... 2 of us took a member of wolfpack hostage in the middle of the night and forced him to open all the gates into the base.

Got 4 backpacks full of loot and got out without any resistance.

We did all this in about 4 to 5 minutes.

It was a very planned, very scoped out heist that took about an hour planning and preparing and waiting for the right moment.

Including 2 other friends of ours taking a seperate wolfpack member hostage a couple KMs away to bait the wolfpack away from their post.

There are ways in youre ballsy enough.

11 minutes ago, Hex said:

So I'm fairly certain that it goes through a process, but players dont see it. It would not be added in unless it had the blessing of staff.

As for the topic of 'its too OP' alright? its supposed to be a strong point. It is not supposed to be easy to attack unless you are skilled, have numbers or the defenders lack numbers. It is not so easy to just bum-rush in and get cheeky kills, you have to plan and work around problems. Prison island is pretty difficult to attack itself, especially when built up...but people still do it?

It's just up to Roland, doesn't go through the rest of staff AFAIK

The fact that some of these bases are literally impenetrable unless you abuse game mechanics is unrealistic af. Unless we implement explosives onto the server. Which would be lit.

We are a group of 33 members and growing and people attack us and kill us daily or rob us. We have gear to regear so that we can defend ourselves.

We also willing give out gear if you ask the right higher up and we have done plenty of charity times where we place everything in our store and give it away. I go through the tents personally each week and take what we have abundance of and give it away or let it despawn. 

As for the base being OP? We have been raided successfully a few times, the unsuccessful times is because we have been awake. On top of that, Everywhere else in the compound is owned by separate groups. We designed the compound to be the home of separate groups and increase roleplay in these areas. We have a shop for trade, a pub that has food stored in it for everyone, we place water outside. However its the people that complain about this base that come in and drive others away but senselessly beating people up for no reason or baiting people into initiating on them. We have had great enjoyable rp moments and have formed yet another hub but hardly anyone comes because of the way other groups act inside it.

Our base is not impenetrable. Bring some hacksaws you can get in, if we are awake, well then its a little harder. Thats the point of bases though right? Defend them? 

It seems to me a never ending conversation of people complaining something is 'too hard' or 'impenetrable' when it truly is not. We also made the base in the way we have because we used to get attacked daily and now that people cant attack us so easily they complain about it. I don't truly understand.

Until @Roland says otherwise, the base will stay. If he says it has to go, i will look into doing another idea and make sure that its PVP and Raider friendly so ya'll can stop complaining. Hell I'll even leave my doors wide open so you and relentless attack us and raid us day after day. But its okay, no one will complain about prison island (which is the same as ours, impenetrable unless you hacksaw or AOGM jumping in) or no one will complain about the groups that have 5 gates in a factory to go through which require you to hacksaw or break down a wall.  

7 minutes ago, Phoenyxx-chan said:

We are a group of 33 members and growing and people attack us and kill us daily or rob us. We have gear to regear so that we can defend ourselves.

We also willing give out gear if you ask the right higher up and we have done plenty of charity times where we place everything in our store and give it away. I go through the tents personally each week and take what we have abundance of and give it away or let it despawn. 

As for the base being OP? We have been raided successfully a few times, the unsuccessful times is because we have been awake. On top of that, Everywhere else in the compound is owned by separate groups. We designed the compound to be the home of separate groups and increase roleplay in these areas. We have a shop for trade, a pub that has food stored in it for everyone, we place water outside. However its the people that complain about this base that come in and drive others away but senselessly beating people up for no reason or baiting people into initiating on them. We have had great enjoyable rp moments and have formed yet another hub but hardly anyone comes because of the way other groups act inside it.

Our base is not impenetrable. Bring some hacksaws you can get in, if we are awake, well then its a little harder. Thats the point of bases though right? Defend them? 

It seems to me a never ending conversation of people complaining something is 'too hard' or 'impenetrable' when it truly is not. We also made the base in the way we have because we used to get attacked daily and now that people cant attack us so easily they complain about it. I don't truly understand.

Until @Roland says otherwise, the base will stay. If he says it has to go, i will look into doing another idea and make sure that its PVP and Raider friendly so ya'll can stop complaining. Hell I'll even leave my doors wide open so you and relentless attack us and raid us day after day. But its okay, no one will complain about prison island (which is the same as ours, impenetrable unless you hacksaw or AOGM jumping in) or no one will complain about the groups that have 5 gates in a factory to go through which require you to hacksaw or break down a wall.  

I feel like you are taking this as a personal attack.

Would you not agree that the WP base is in and around itself, completely flawed when it comes to any sense?

None of the buildings, their positioning let alone the 30 foot concrete walls make any sense what so ever.

Prison Island on the other hand makes sense, and it has disadvantages as well.

How does WolfPack actually roleplay out having the place? Did you construct those walls and buildings? Or was there just a conveniently built replica of Jerusalem from World War Z south of Tisy that you moved into.

Things like these need to make sense, and nothing about that base or compound makes any sense at all.

The dependability is a completely other topic.

I suggest having a look at some of these:

https://www.dayzrp.com/forums/forum/31-dayzrp-mod-settlements/

These are the really creative base-builds from mod days, builds that made sense and also served the roleplay purpose and needs of the group.

I have mentioned this before, but to me the pvp aspect is not even the big issue. It is more that the base doesn't fit the surrounding at all. The building have no 'correlation' to eachother and the walls around it are just disgusting. Like Andreyq said, there should be a theme to prefab bases and it should atleast feel like it could actually be part of the map. Right now it looks like some disgusting pvp server from 2016.

Just now, Ducky said:

I feel like you are taking this as a personal attack.

Would you not agree that the WP base is in and around itself, completely flawed when it comes to any sense?

None of the buildings, their positioning let alone the 30 foot concrete walls make any sense what so ever.

Prison Island on the other hand makes sense, and it has disadvantages as well.

How does WolfPack actually roleplay out having the place? Did you construct those walls and buildings? Or was there just a conveniently built replica of Jerusalem from World War Z south of Tisy that you moved into.

Things like these need to make sense, and nothing about that base or compound makes any sense at all.

The dependability is a completely other topic.

I have contacted the loremasters about the base in which the conversation just stopped. I tried to get a story going for it. Haven't heard back since. 

Just now, Phoenyxx-chan said:

I have contacted the loremasters about the base in which the conversation just stopped. I tried to get a story going for it. Haven't heard back since. 

This is part of what I mean as well.

Surely the lore should have been done and accepted before it was implemented? Not after?

Just now, Ducky said:

Surely the lore should have been done and accepted before it was implemented? Not after?

was not a requirement at all for the base building. Therefore i approached after.

13 minutes ago, Phoenyxx-chan said:

It seems to me a never ending conversation of people complaining something is 'too hard' or 'impenetrable' when it truly is not.

People have a problem with that for sure. But that's not the only criticism in regards to the compound. Check my posts above. Would love to get your opinion on the aspect of the compound and how it makes sense for WP to even have access to such buildings and walls to begin with.

13 minutes ago, Phoenyxx-chan said:

However its the people that complain about this base that come in and drive others away but senselessly beating people up for no reason or baiting people into initiating on them.

I don't understand the need to throw shade at people. If you have an issue with certain individuals at least @ them or go DM them about it on Discord.

Edited by AndreyQ

Just now, Phoenyxx-chan said:

was not a requirement at all for the base building. Therefore i approached after.

But you understand the complaints then?

Perhaps the solution to this problem is to remove the player made bases, re-write the requirements and introduce the old group base system from mod days, as we know that worked, and it kept people happy.

You were able to receive feedback and things could be looked into/changed before actual implementation, as well as having already established lore for the place.

Just now, Ducky said:

Only thing I'd say here, is with good writing you can always get from point A to point B.  And thats if we don't retcon the lore.

Who knows.  Maybe it was a Corporation facility that savages took from us and raided by force.  Our team of engineers came down and with their marvelous work they installed it in a matter of weeks.  Or perhaps it was a staging ground for Russian military operations in the area, but they suddenly needed to pull out to reinforce their troops in the north.  At which point the Wolfpack moved in.  Not saying either of these cases should be the lore or need to be, just saying we could easily figure out a reason for them having their current base; but yes lore should be there and exist.

What im trying to get at is every base that wolfpack has made people complain. Whether its how many walls we built or how we made our prefab. Its the same thing over and over again and frankly feels more OOC driven than anything.

Edited by Phoenyxx-chan

1 minute ago, Phoenyxx-chan said:

What im trying to get at is every base that wolfpack has made people complain. Whether its how many walls we built or how we made our prefab. Its the same thing over and over again and frankly feels more OOC driven than anything.

But surely there is merit to the complaints?

You might feel it is a witch hunt but if there is actual criticism and merit to be taken then that needs to be addressed, even if it feels overwhelming, no?

As someone that really doesn't care about all the gear in those bases, I am a little baffled about the need to get into the base in the first place XD. Like I don't store stuff in a base myself nor do I take any out. If I get into a base I try to RP my way in and not break in. 

For RP they seem to be only good to separate people to have conversations behind locked doors and to feel safe for a while behind the walls. No one ever only wants to sit in a base, (they get bored too) so people can still get picked off when leaving their safe zone. 

Bases outside of the RP reason seem to otherwise just become a big gear thing either for those wanting to rob it for that gear or use it to store. 

I think any base with far too much loot stored is over the top however when people rob a base and take every last bit of said base is the same thing and clearly too much. If people were on both sides a little more respectful we might all have a bit more fun. Like don't loot store too much and if you find such a place that has too much stored don't clear it out to nothing cause then you just proof them right to store even more. Take what you need and leave the base with something more for the next robber to come along or the owners, So they don't feel driven out of the area and you don't have to go and search for their new place again complaining not to find anyone.

Idk I personally am not to bothered with bases so If someone has something good I feel like why not let them enjoy it. Plus whenever someone has something good it attracts loads of attention of people wanting what they have so I rather not have it XD not worth dying for lol.

all i can say is there will always be complaints against very strong fortresses no matter who owns it.Alot of people complain about prison island all the time and other fortresses i see around the map.but that is most of the time raiders being sad they cant get into bases easy and horde gear themselves 

15 minutes ago, Ducky said:

-snip-

Having been apart of Wolf Pack in the past I can back Phoenyxxs statement, even when we were building our own bases people were complaining about them, mostly due to (in my opinion) the fact that we were generally able to fend off most attacks due to the way the bases were constructed, we usually had them constructed in a manner that there would be a main choke point to push through if you wanted to get into the base. Like Polana for example. Before the addition of vaulting you would have to push into the outer courtyard in order to reach the gate/walls that we had constructed for the WP section of the compound. So if you weren't already in the courtyard when you dropped an initiation on WP and their allies you were generally getting mowed down by someone in one of the surrounding buildings or the inner WP section.  (Regardless of what allies we had the bases were constructed well).  

As far as I am aware there was never any constructive feed back given as to what should be changed in those bases, @Phoenyxx-chan would obviously know better then me on that front though.