Server time (UTC): 2020-01-27, 11:09 WE ARE RECRUITING
Sign in to follow this  
JasonBR

Getting to Livonia

So me and a buddy want to move our current characters to Livonia, but gain some RP from it on Chernarus. Our current plan is to gather enough supplies to sustain us and repair a car to drive to Livonia. Our route would be moving through Takistan then through Ukraine, moving south into Poland into Livonia (Rough route because my geography is shit). Our reasoning is that we both want to try to not only escape the cold and the hostility of Chernarus, but we weren't intending to go to Livonia, only to go to France so we can find a way to Great Britain, believing it would be safer and a haven for research into the outbreak (As we are both doctors).

Simple question, Is this realistic in terms of RP?

Edited by JasonBR

Yes.

Its something like around a 24 hour drive to get to Livonia. You are allowed to transfer your characters from one to another. We just don't encourage people to ping-pong back and forth, and I want to applaud you for thinking out and acting out the roleplay required to stock up to get there.

Wouldn't make much sense to drive through Takistan.

Spoiler

1oCkzm1.jpg

In the spoiler you will find our lovely map, as you can see Chernarus is part of a small little piece of land that sticks into the black sea, Takistan is west of Chernarus, meaning you'd be driving away from the main land mass.

Ideally you would drive north through the russian border and continue through to Ukraine, rest of the route is fine.

As for if it is realistic or not, I'd say if you travel by car, the roads are likely blocked and the chance of bandits ambushing you could probably happen as well, I'd say the trip realisticly would take a few days, maybe even a week.

But it definitely is possible.

Great! Out of curiosity, our equipment would transfer as well, correct? Equipment transfers between maps on Pubs so I assume so, just want to make sure.

5 minutes ago, Ducky said:

Wouldn't make much sense to drive through Takistan.

Reveal hidden contents

1oCkzm1.jpg

In the spoiler you will find our lovely map, as you can see Chernarus is part of a small little piece of land that sticks into the black sea, Takistan is west of Chernarus, meaning you'd be driving away from the main land mass.

Ideally you would drive north through the russian border and continue through to Ukraine, rest of the route is fine.

As for if it is realistic or not, I'd say if you travel by car, the roads are likely blocked and the chance of bandits ambushing you could probably happen as well, I'd say the trip realisticly would take a few days, maybe even a week.

But it definitely is possible.

We thought about that, however we decided Takistan would be better as driving through the black mountains would be rough, and we thought Russia still had a strangle hold on its borders.

Edited by JasonBR

15 minutes ago, JasonBR said:

Great! Out of curiosity, our equipment would transfer as well, correct? Equipment transfers between maps on Pubs so I assume so, just want to make sure.

No. The servers are on separate hives.

21 minutes ago, JasonBR said:

We thought about that, however we decided Takistan would be better as driving through the black mountains would be rough, and we thought Russia still had a strangle hold on its borders.

Russia might have in certain areas, but it's doubtful they still have the capacity to reinforce their entire border.

You could likely slip past them and drive through russia

Couple questions while the topic is relevant:

Could planes be a plausible method of travel?

Could boats be a plausible method of travel?

Looking at the map boats seem like a good way to circumvent Chernarus/Takistan/Russia and land straight in the Ukraine at Odessa.

Edited by Fenrir

I see no issue with deciding to use a boat (ideally of sufficient size or sturdiness).

Is it possible just like planes? Yes.

Is it plausible? Well, depends. I reckon there is still activity going on, people moving, migrating, offering services. Perhaps you can find someone offering you a plane or boat ride, perhaps it is some individual, perhaps a state actor or larger group of comparable size. I doubt there is much "commercial grade" travel going on, but private individuals likely offer such services and maybe even states or entities like the UN. They somehow have to move people and material back and forth. Question is if you(r character) got a means or access to use those ... or if you need to rely on other people.

In the end if you wonder if you can bring your char to Livona from Chernarus (or SZ, specifically): There are ways. Just try to keep it realistic, don't jump back and forth, and have a reason you want to go there or at least an explanation why you are stuck there for a bit. It also depends on the character a lot.

If you're the average survivor, you probably almost exclusively need to rely on other people that you may or may not be able to trust, as certain easy or secure means of transportation won't be available to you or come at a hefty material or other price. You likely would go by car with supplies, or try to save a part of the journey and avoid the dangerous landmass and go by boat or ship if you can hitch a ride. And it would still take a while, including resting and possible detours.

Counter example: If I'm part of the UN or a state able to project forces and material with more ease, I could be in Livonia way faster, if being sent there can be explained.

Edited by Combine