Server time (UTC): 2020-08-09, 02:08
Sign in to follow this  
KennethRP

Game crash at startup

So, for the past week i have been unavilable to play due to the game crashing when i press play. I have tryed several things.

• Reinstall graphics drivers

• Try the SA Launcher

• Verifying gamefiles, reinstalling the game and removing all files

• Reinstalling Windows

After this it still fucks me over. Anyone have a clue? Below is the error massage. Cheers.

issue.png.e79820991deb04ca422d9a582fba13be.png

And other games work OK? That's graphics initialization failing, meaning you have no hardware acceleration from your GPU.

Other games work just fine. Its just dayz.

Have you tried this here method? I recognized the Exit Code as I had the same issue with Arma 3 a few months back and this is what solved it for me. 

Do you have a spare graphics card lying around, or maybe a friend has one you can borrow? See if you can swap graphics cards and test wether or not it makes a difference.

2 hours ago, Queerios said:

Have you tried this here method? I recognized the Exit Code as I had the same issue with Arma 3 a few months back and this is what solved it for me. 

Yeah, it did not work.

Calling in @Rover for his POV.

5 minutes ago, Hofer said:

Calling in @Rover for his POV.

Sadly I have tried to help Kenneth and have been unable to after screensharing with him and walking him through some things.

I've no idea what is causing it; based on what I could figure out from the error it has to be something to do with DayZ not liking the settings that are being used to open it, but after having Kenneth go through his NVIDEA Control Panel settings and comparing them to mine, I couldn't see any red flags.

@KennethRP You might want to try posting in the Steam Community Forums for help and see if maybe someone there can assist?

I was in help desk with Realize for something similar for 4 hours. After that my friends helped me and we eventually figured it out. I usually wouldn't endorse letting someone log into your Steam account unless its someone you REALLY trust. Anyway this is his explanation of how he fixed my problem, hope this works. 

"I ended up having him let me sign in again and I overwrote his cloud data with my local files when prompted while launching. In our process, it was imperative that he not have any of his old steam cloud files on his PC. So I had him uninstall and remove dayz files from his computer while I was overwriting his old cloud files. 

Basically having a friend log in from another PC, replacing the cloud data, and making sure all his files were deleted was what worked for us. I'm not sure why or how, but I've narrowed it down to some corrupting file on his steam cloud data."

Tryed evrrything above. Havet tryed to contact bohemia without an answer.