Server time (UTC): 2020-09-27, 14:12
Sign in to follow this  
Sloth680

I need some serious help!

I am seriously tired of dieing to the cold so quick after spawning or being alive for hours and then dieing because zombies can just tank a round to the head multiple times... or i get swarmed and stuck by an unrealistic amount in a very small village. its honestly ridiculous. 
I need help and tips. 

/Moved to Questions 

Best thing to do is take it slowly when going around infected.

Also you should be spawning with a heatpack which should give you some time to find proper clothing. 

Queerios' Tips and Tricks for Freshies:

1. Don't spend too long on the coast/in coastal towns. Head north as soon as you've looted enough food/drink and a melee weapon to head out. Most players are up north anyways so you've a better chance of finding RP, but primarily the towns/cities will likely be cleared of infected due to people passing through, making your looting a lot easier. 
  2. Get to know the better places to find gear. This includes places like; Myshkino Tents, Zeleno Mil, Balota Airstrip, Summer Camps like at Mogi etc. 
  3. Don't go sprinting through towns, take it slow and crouch. Zombies will hear you if you're stood up running around.
  4. Don't fight zombies in more than a 2v1, even a 1v1 can be ropey nowadays if you're unarmed. Move slow and take 'em one by one, only killing the ones you need to.
  5. Cook up some meat and keep it in your jacket pocket, it will heat you up and keep you warm. 
Edited by Queerios

If you don't find a knife and make a fire or find matches and use those, you are going to die.

7 minutes ago, AndreyQ said:

If you don't find a knife and make a fire or find matches and use those, you are going to die.

On that, per the new update, you don't need a knife to start a fire anymore. You can get sticks from a bush now with your bare hands.

Just now, Queerios said:

On that, per the new update, you don't need a knife to start a fire anymore. You can get sticks from a bush now with your bare hands.

Yes, but without matches you can't start it. So you either find a knife and get a bark from a tree and craft a fire starting kit or used matches if you have them. Regardless you need one of the 2 items, if you don't have them you'll die. Keep respawning until you find one.

Here's another tip, improvised knives. A lot of people tend to forget that you can craft a knife. While a real knife is always preferable, if you scrounge two small stones (found on the many hiking trails around the map, as well as deer paths) and combine them, you create a rudimentary knife for all your knifing needs. From there out, you can follow any of the tips given by others.

I'd personally ignore tip 2 made by @William89 however, as loot does respawn and recycle, so seeing a house with a opened door does not mean there's nothing worthwhile to loot there. Check every house you can, just don't sprint everywhere to avoid wasting too much food/water.

2 hours ago, Alan Woods said:

/Moved to Questions 

Best thing to do is take it slowly when going around infected.

Also you should be spawning with a heatpack which should give you some time to find proper clothing. 

Even spawning with it i m still losing heat lol

And what do ya know. Just got killed AGAIN by a horde of zombies getting stuk trying to escape...
This is truly ruining the experience for me and im gettting close to not wanting to play this game as a a whole because of it.... (and i know most of yall will say then dont play 😄  like nah i didnt spend 2+ hours writing my character and paying money for this game not to. died 5 times now to zombies...)

9 hours ago, Sloth680 said:

And what do ya know. Just got killed AGAIN by a horde of zombies getting stuk trying to escape...
This is truly ruining the experience for me and im gettting close to not wanting to play this game as a a whole because of it.... (and i know most of yall will say then dont play 😄  like nah i didnt spend 2+ hours writing my character and paying money for this game not to. died 5 times now to zombies...)

Out of curiosity, do you have recording software? I'd be interested to see how you approach things and how you engage in stressful situations or plan escape routes. You don't have to post it publicly, but if you can, record a bit and dm it to me so I can maybe give you some pointers and/ideas to improve your survival odds.

This game was never meant to be easy, but every setback is a gift. A opportunity to learn and improve.

Edited by Kenyi

Just now, Kenyi said:

Out of curiosity, do you have recording software? I'd be interested to see how you approach things and how you engage in stressful situations or plan escape routes. You don't have to post it publicly, but if you can, record a bit and dm it to me so I can maybe give you some pointers and/ideas to improve your survival odds.

This game was never meant to be easy, but each setback is a gift. A opportunity to learn and improve.

Possibly. game runs my laptop to its core lol (only game I have that does that honestly lol) But ill get back to you on that.. Maybe im not taking a true rp stance on it since im so used to pvp practice servers. But again when ur dieing of hypothermia what else do you have to do but run in a town? 😄

3 minutes ago, Sloth680 said:

Possibly. game runs my laptop to its core lol (only game I have that does that honestly lol) But ill get back to you on that.. Maybe im not taking a true rp stance on it since im so used to pvp practice servers. But again when ur dieing of hypothermia what else do you have to do but run in a town? 😄

Does your laptop run a Nvidia card with shadowplay? It integrates pretty well and doesn't decrease your fps by much at all or put more load on your system. It's understandable that you get frustrated by dying before you even get to meet other people or RP at all. I always commend people on taking a rp stance on these kind of things and push through it ICly. But when you're a new player on both the game and the server there's no shame in asking for help OOCly.

If you're on discord, feel free to DM me there. Maybe we can figure out what keeps going wrong (aside from dying) and get you a good grasp on the mechanics of surviving in this.

32 minutes ago, Sloth680 said:

It comes with time bro, we all start somewhere! Are you using the heatpack you spawn with? You need to activate it before it will take effect. Just take things slow and play carefully,  zombies pose a decent threat these days for fresh spawns.