Server time (UTC): 2020-01-23, 06:26 WE ARE RECRUITING
Sign in to follow this  
Craig

Livonia Lore (Temporary thread)

Nice. I'm guessing it's open to inquiries, posts and such? If so:

I suppose the way I read it or understood it, reading it the first time, there's hardly any real "notable" state-run safezones and the country is a husk? Or is this kept relatively vague through rumors because it's simply largely unclear or to give players some freedom in going either route, from full blown "apocalypse" to "perhaps the state exists somewhere else, even if it's hidden and 'Enclave' style" ?

Then again I understand it's a temporary lore that will surely be expanded upon over time. Either way, thanks. Something to work with and so far it reads like it still gives lots of freedoms, from mad max style survival to state run or rogue mil groups still clashing for a (dead) country or landscape. Looking forward to making a new char for that.

Edited by Combine

Enjoyed reading this.

Great work on the lore for Livonia so far! Really enjoyed to reading it.

Great work guys. Really stoked about this!

Enjoyed this read, good job on the lore guys!

A wonderful piece of writing and exceedingly comprehensive for a first draft; I look forward to perusing the finalised version when it's ready. After reading this I definitely feel as though I posses a much broader understanding of Livonia's politics, landscape, culture and most importantly, its handling of the outbreak.

My only criticism would be the lack of push-pull factors. Assuming that we'll have an overwhelming foreign presence, as we do in Chernarus, there really needs to be strong influences driving people towards the country before and during the crisis. The harsh Russian winter is a good push factor, but I don't see why anyone would choose to stop in Livonia over say, Lithuania or Poland. As it stands, a post-soviet, zombie ridden, nuclear wasteland embroiled in constant war doesn't sound too appealing, and assuming the borders are as lax as stated, there's really no reason for non-natives to settle there.

On a related note, I'm aware that this is a shared universe, so I'm hoping that travel between Chernarus and Livonia will be permitted. My only concern is of characters instantly hopping between the two countries. Will the lore team be providing an estimated journey time as they did with Deer Isle? A quick google map search will tell you that the distance between Sochi and Kaliningrad would take roughly 405 hours to cross on foot (a little under 17 days), factoring in regular rest stops, it would probably be much closer to a month's worth of trekking. Although I'm certain cars, river boats and other forms of transport would dramatically shorten the journey time.

Just some things to consider. Keep up the fine work. 

Edited by Aristocrat

I love this. This is so much more easier to follow and understand. Well written Lore Masters!

@Craig you're a beautiful man. Thank you and the rest of the Lore Masters for this masterpiece. 

Thought I'd post this here as well:

Spoiler

20191204141039_1.jpg

This is the official Livonian Defence Force uniform, they're a NATO country after all so primarily western inspired, you'll be able to find this ingame on Livonia soon if not already.

I will be doing some police uniforms for the Livonian Police Force and some Ranger uniforms as well, however that will be in a future update.

Very epic, where are the aliens though?

Great little backstory, I have to tweak my characters backstory a bit to make it fit in here. Looking forward for the whole new lore!

I've heard my girlfriend speak enough goop-de-doo on the telephone to feel confident in taking a crack at a polish speaking character, the trick is to replace ano with dobrze as the word you say every 5 seconds.

Good stuff. Can’t wait y to hear more details on LDF squads and battalions. Also let’s hope to see some guides on playing a Livonian character. Such as possible political options, wars that were fought, maybe even a few common polish words. None the less I’m super excited to see more. 

Really excited to see what more you guys do with this!

Well done @Craig and @StagsviewRB.

The work was @Craigdont praise me for it 😛

14 hours ago, Harvey said:

I've heard my girlfriend speak enough goop-de-doo on the telephone to feel confident in taking a crack at a polish speaking character, the trick is to replace ano with dobrze as the word you say every 5 seconds.

We don't say dobrze every 5 seconds 😄

P.S. Really nice piece of lore, I enjoyed reading it from start to finish. Can't wait for more additions to it. Livonia seems like a place I want to know more about. Especially considering its based off of Poland.

Edited by Tewudin

Thanks a lot @Craig, that is a well written piece of lore! I really like the possibilities you are giving us with that war backstory, should be easy to create that immersion with the lore provided & with how the map looks! I am really looking forward to reading more details that I can use ingame to refine my characters knowledge of the country 🙂

It sounds great @Craig, it's well written and it is helping for a Livonia included background story. I do have one question. What month in 2017 did this start? I am trying to keep track of the days in Livonia for RP purposes and "journal" entries for IC.

On 12/5/2019 at 12:35 AM, Harvey said:

😐  am I nothing to you?

Good lore Lanky 

2 hours ago, Methias said:

😐  am I nothing to you?

You would be if you let me be on top for once...

22 hours ago, MrsSunshine said:

It sounds great @Craig, it's well written and it is helping for a Livonia included background story. I do have one question. What month in 2017 did this start? I am trying to keep track of the days in Livonia for RP purposes and "journal" entries for IC.

If you read the original lore it says

After a month, the remains of a global society was crucified on the graves of those who built it. However, resistance to the virus and its after effects remained as entire nations attempted to eradicate the threat in the midst, the winners and losers of this titanic clash yet to be determined.

And that month was July, so any future Lore stories about the start of the infection would take place in July unless stated otherwise.

Would it be possible to assume NATO/LDF/LivGov remnants are still more or less operating in the country itself? And that potential Russian incursions take place either "officially" as ordered by command or by possibly rogue or "unchecked" elements of their military? 

Reason I ask is, the future concepts and events can go either way depending on what's officially left. If lore dictates there are remnants left we have wider leeway with events and group concepts. If lore rules them out, some concepts for groups or events become less feasible. 

Alternatively lore can be kept vague to allow anything or not disallow anything rather. 

On 12/3/2019 at 10:48 PM, Craig said:

Andrzejow was built up and turned into a fortress and the Nadbor region was used to farm and feed the rest of the surviving populace. Remaining LDF troops quickly took up new positions in and around the Nadvor region to the north, back onto the western border near Andrzejow.

Nadvor or Nadbor?🤔