Server time (UTC): 2020-01-29, 19:04 WE ARE RECRUITING
Sign in to follow this  
Mademoiselle

Character Section

Do you think this is a good idea?  

36 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Since Livonia has come out and we're going to be using the server for this new DLC.

Could we section characters to Chernarus and Livonia? Like make it where when you click:

DayZ > Characters there can be a drop down for Livonia or Chernarus.

Since from what I understand is a separate lore (because it's a different country)

If not add suggestions for improvement - this was a quick thought.

+1 It would straight up be weird if people and groups that were one day prior in south zagoria, would suddenly appear thousands of kilometers away in a completely different country and continue their business there like nothing happened.

I feel like if you have good RP to explain why you’d be fluctuating areas it should be acceptable I’m not saying like every hour switching acceptable

Play whatever fits and make up whatever seems to be missing, it shouldn't matter if it's on the page or not because who cares about the forum character page when it comes to IG?

Yes! Two different countries, two different stories! 

I would like separate characters for Livonia. It's a different country and culture. It has it's own story and it's people have their own history. 

By all means you're free to create new characters for Livonia. I will add a location selection at a later date, once current server and game breaking issues are resolved.

If anyone is making Livonia Characters:

Feel free to have a gander at this, I know that @Craig has some stuff ready as well, but he will post it in his own time.

I'm very much in favour of a Livonia section but I feel as though characters should be transferable between the two; myself and many others would like to continue our stories in a different locale. Perhaps there could be a week long cooldown on transfers, thereby preventing people from magically teleporting between the separate countries. On a related note, I hope the Lore Masters will be providing suitable reasons for people to undertake such a long and treacherous journey; beyond Chernarus sucks and it's a bit nippy. 

Edited by Aristocrat

Completely agree it should be totally different characters as well as groups (meaning that on S2 L we can join a group and create a group even if on S1 C we are in one.)

new place. new lore. new stories.