Server time (UTC): 2020-08-10, 04:38
Sign in to follow this  
RandyRP

Interview With A Community Member: neom

Interview.png

Welcome! For this week of Interview with a Community Member we have @neom

This interview is to get to know the members of our community, and hopefully bring the community together. Comment who you want to see being interviewed next week!

Thanks to @neom for participating!

Tell Us About Yourself?

Spoiler

32, from London, England, I work full time in senior management for a retail company, currently I live in Liverpool with my girlfriend and thankfully I am moving back to London just before Xmas for work. Me and my girlfriend are planning on moving to Bangkok Thailand in the new year for 6 months. I do graffiti in my spare time and when the weather is good.  I skate and watch far to much stuff on YouTube.

How did you find out about DayZRP, and what made you want to join?

Spoiler

I was watching PSI's DayZ videos and when he started playing on DayZRP I was hooked, from the videos it was everything I wanted in a game.

If you could thank one person for helping you get started here who would it be?

Spoiler

German Daniel from NRF and SVR, I was a bit clueless when I was in game but when I joined NRF he kinda gave me a vision and how I should be playing the game, his passion for NRF was amazing. 

But I'd say since I came back from my "forced" break @StagsviewRB, stags kinda put me on the straight and narrow and kept me in check, without him I'd prob of got myself perm'd again by being stupid. His guidance in Liska and with my RP was really great.

What could we do, as the staff team, to make this a better place? 

Spoiler

case by case needs to vanish, and rules should be set in stone. I think staff need to be vetted more carefully before they are promoted. Staff buddy program maybe? 

What is your most memorable experience(IC/OOC) here? 

Spoiler

IC will have to be Cerna Liska, I cant even pin point a single moment, the whole time was amazing, it felt like I was watching a TV drama unfold in front of me at every single turn, keep IC all the time, the internal RP, everything was amazing, 

Also JBG from the mod days, a group of 6 people were the biggest threat on the server, As a group we worked so well together, everyone knew the others moves before they made it, being the big bad wolf of the server was something I was massively proud of as we gave amazing RP as well as being that group you wanted to run from. 

OOC

Prob chatting pure shit in discord drunk with @AndreyQ about ERP, I don't think I have laughed that hard in a long time. 

Or Just messing about with @KordrugaRP and chatting tosh 

Do you regret doing anything in your time here?

Spoiler

Getting Perm'd, It was stupid, Going on a mass Kos spree was dumb and childish, You always think the grass is greener when a new community pops up, it really ain't, We ruined peoples days/weeks and ruined peoples story, for that I am sorry.

If you had to live in a jail cell with four people from this community who would it be?

Spoiler

If you had to live in a jail cell with four people from this community who would it be?

@AndreyQ his banter is on point and music taste is the same as mine, good vibes will be had

@StagsviewRB his imagination and stories would keep me going and if not well I could pimp him out

@Aiko always been my home girl and always good person to lean on

@JimRP he can pay my bail.... he's my boy, tattoo home boy 

What's your current favorite song/artist?

Spoiler

Artist:Mac Miller 

Song: I'll See You In My Dreams By Django Reinhardt

What has been your favorite character you have played on the server and why?

Spoiler

Vania Bozik, my very first serious character, I started off very shy with him in Liska and was thrust into the middle and made to come out of my comfort zone very quickly. Soon Vania started to feel alive to me and his story was always growing and I was on a journey with Vania. I never felt as if I had to force a story and more I was just his voice and his story was unfolding in front of me. It felt very organic.

What do you feel is missing from the community?

Spoiler

Lore that is not imaginary tanks and planes, actual lore that makes sense and has an effect in game, I really do think that is something that is missing massively 

Do you have any hidden talents?

Spoiler

graffiti and I can tattoo

What was the origin of your username?  

Spoiler

noir is from old french movies, I thought it sounded cool, 

neom... I was looking around my flat at the time for inspiration for a user name and the candle brand was NEOM, It was also a reminder to me to never buy 80 quid over priced candles for your girlfriend when they smell nasty. 

nice interview Biiddy

Nice!!! Glad you are still around! ❤️

Cerna Liska days were awesome, very fond memories. Can't believe you got your name after a 80 squid candle mate, had a right good giggle!

neom guy the cool guy

Always nice to see real OG's around. Cerna was a real treat and some of the best RP I've ever had. Not sure if I agree about JBG tho, I'd say SDS was way more of a threat and more known.

26 minutes ago, KordrugaRP said:

@neom you're the only Brit I like, love you long time 

e2b2f529b455b95e45c2b44660d2188b.png

Didn't like you anyway,

Solid read though @neom, enjoyed finding a bit more out about you 😄 

Good interview right here @neom

Nice interview ❤️

was an amazing read 😄