Server time (UTC): 2020-01-20, 04:37 WE ARE RECRUITING
Sign in to follow this  
JJRambow

S1 : Invalid Execution - Bad RP - 1/12/2019 NWA 18:30ish

1 hour ago, JJRambow said:

A friend is a friend, new or old I meet the random the other day. like I said in the OP doesn't mean he isn't a friend. just because I forget a name. Doesn't mean I don't want to meet them again. Looking at the rules I am not part of an Approved group so your interactions with other people who I play with doesn't mean you have the right to gun me down. the whole day my chatter was not the best due to illness. but I felt I couldn't add to the conversation due to CJ Talking for me. just because I don't talk as much as the rest doesn't mean I should die in my opinion. In the Support call I was pissed off and was angry with the whole thing. I should have claimed down before talking to you I am sorry for not composing myself better. I apologize. to my understanding action 4.6 states. the hostage can only be killed if - executed once for a hostile incident that happened in the past where the hostage was personally responsible for, or participated in a death of your ally. I believe my actions or past actions didn't called for an execution.

I believe you are saying that in rule 4.6 you killed me because of "my group" I'm not part of a Approved group I do run around with some friends as it's lonely out there on your own but I'm not part of an official group as of yet. I would understand if I did something to you or your boys then my death is justified but I didn't. 

I said fine, I didn't feel well and didn't have time to get everything out. @Randy stated that he couldn't say anything about the issue but I was entitled to raise a report if I feel rules were broken. I slept on it and still felt like it should be raised. 

I am pretty new at this, as this is my first time raising an Report. I didn't know that I should've include the talk with Support in this Report. I apologize.

I don't see anything in the rules saying I can't roleplay a camcorder in game, I normally have a item In hand when recording in game I sometimes attach a chemlight and use * to let the people around me know I'm recording and the red chem light is the record light. 

As I state to CJ "I'm still rolling on my Go_Pro".  he was informed before going to the airfield that I would be doing this because I have yet to get any good footage of the Airfield yet. 

In the part I highlighted, if you read, it says clear as day "OR THEIR ALLIES refuse to negotiate or open fire on hostage takers." When I raised the question about who they were and who you were, did you refute that you were apart of the MC? Did you refute CJ saying you were with the MC? No, you didn't. This is a RP community, and there is no way for me to know if you are out of character in their group or not. The MC is a well known group in game that is vocal about their hatred towards the Jackals, you did not say anything otherwise in game about those being YOUR ALLIES that killed 2 of my friends, or you not being apart of the MC. I'm confused as to how I am to blame at the lack of your roleplay?

Also when you shouted I got it on "Go Pro" you had nothing in your hand, and I believe you didn't have any such thing on your bag either. Again that does not change the fact that having a "Go Pro" is powergaming.

Edited by thicdickdaddy27

3 hours ago, Blake said:

POV: So we see these guys at south baracks. One of us decides to initiate and a short fight breaks out. I shoot of them since he chose not to comply. I come back to the hostages and i see @Dylanamo fall to the ground. I shot him in the head thinking I had rights, which i now know i did not, so sorry about the buddy. Although there is something i want to point out. 

These right here is your logs:
18:29:38 | Player "Maksim Sokolov" hit by ZmbM_PatrolNormal_Autumn
18:29:44 | Player "Maksim Sokolov" hit by is unconscious

Now I could very well be wrong about this but I am pretty sure I am not. You claim that you got knocked out my a zombie, i saw you get hit my a zombie ONCE. About 3 seconds after you fell uncon. I am almost 100% sure that you knocked yourself out for whatever reason, but whatever. Your two logs shows you getting hit by a zombie and then you says you got hit by "is unconscious" Which most likely proofs the zombie was not the reason as you claim but you rather knocked yourself out 😩

But yes, me shooting you was a mistake, so sorry about that friend. 

Also wanna point out for the OP. There is no such thing as "Go pros" ingame. 

Ty. 

Quick edit: 

This is my boyfriends Bobby's logs let's compare them real quick.
18:29:16 | Player "Bobby Slaughter" hit by Player "Damitri Crustovski" with AKM from 28.7666 meters
18:29:17 | Player "Bobby Slaughter" hit by Player "Damitri Crustovski" with AKM from 28.4777 meters
18:29:17 | Player "Bobby Slaughter" is unconscious

As we can see here ^ it says "Bobby Slaughter" is unconscious" not "hit by unconscious" So you knocked yourself out. 
I feel like the whole knocking yourself out is bad rp and it did not provide any roleplay what so ever. 

I appreciate your apology and recognition of wrongdoing in regards to simply executing a hostage for quite literally no reason whatsoever, and although you'll likely get whatever warning points for the improper killing, I accept the apology and we're good, man. 

As for your side note about whether or not I intentionally knocked myself out, I will deny that. I had my hands up, and as the zombie was attacking and hitting me, I smashed a lot of buttons in an effort to put my hands down and stop the zombie from killing me. In that I admit it is possible, although massively unlikely, that I somehow caused it. Nonetheless I think you would agree that in a roleplay situation, it is largely irrelevant to the fact that just executing me constitutes an invalid kill. 

One could additionally make the case that if your going to try and hold someone hostage, its not proper to let them get smacked by a zombie with their hands raised.

Edited by Dylanamo

22 minutes ago, Dylanamo said:

I appreciate your apology and recognition of wrongdoing in regards to simply executing a hostage for quite literally no reason whatsoever, and although you'll likely get whatever warning points for the improper killing, I accept the apology and we're good, man. 

As for your side note about whether or not I intentionally knocked myself out, I will deny that. I had my hands up, and as the zombie was attacking and hitting me, I smashed a lot of buttons in an effort to put my hands down and stop the zombie from killing me. In that I admit it is possible, although massively unlikely, that I somehow caused it. Nonetheless I think you would agree that in a roleplay situation, it is largely irrelevant to the fact that just executing me constitutes an invalid kill. 

One could additionally make the case that if your going to try and hold someone hostage, its not proper to let them get smacked by a zombie with their hands raised.

As seen in the hit logs you got hit by a zombie ONCE. Sometimes people do get hit by zombies. The admins knows far better than me how the logs work but if it is indeed true and it turns out that you knocked yourself out it would prove that you are lying in this report to make this look worse that it is. To sum it up the zombie did not repeatedly hit you it happened once. Anyways won't reply any further unless asked by staff. Thanks.

6 minutes ago, Blake said:

As seen in the hit logs you got hit by a zombie ONCE. Sometimes people do get hit by zombies. The admins knows far better than me how the logs work but if it is indeed true and it turns out that you knocked yourself out it would prove that you are lying in this report to make this look worse that it is. To sum it up the zombie did not repeatedly hit you it happened once. Anyways won't reply any further unless asked by staff. Thanks.

Im aware the zombie may have only hit me successfully once, yet I was swung at numerous times and charged by it, dodging some hits. And as I already stated to you, I consent that, although unlikely, I suppose it is possible as I was desperately attempting to unraise my hands. However, I cant see how any of this justifies walking up to someone who, at that time, you thought was knocked unconscious by a zombie your group failed to protect me from, and shooting them point blank without justification. Its an invalid kill.

Same here, done replying. 

Edited by Dylanamo

If it’s okay with the staff team, I have sent a message to @thicdickdaddy27 and would like to talk to him about this whole thing, I will update this Case once Complete.

The staff team have reviewed this report and are happy to honour the OPs request to close it.

Before the report is closed however there are a few things we would like to touch on.

@JJRambow - You RP'd out that you have a go-pro in-game as an explanation for your OOC recording. This sort of thing is forbidden. This far into the apocalypse there is no reasonable explanation where survivors would have working electronics with the ability to charge them as well as viewing/saving footage captured with them. If you are recording your game session out of character, keep it out of character and do not mention it in-game.

@thicdickdaddy27 - Your execution of the OP was unwarranted. He posted no threat to you and was fully compliant. If you review section 4.6 in the rules you will find the criteria that must be met before a hostage can be executed. Your execution of the OP met none of these criteria and had the report not been closed, it is highly likely you would have been found guilty of making an invalid kill.

@Blake - As you state in your PoV, shooting @Dylanamo was a mistake. Whether he was knocked out by a zombie or via the emote wheel, your kill on him was not justified. If he is no threat to you (unconscious people generally are not a threat), then you have no reason to kill him. You claim that if he knocked himself out with the emote wheel then that is badRP however we disagree. You killed him before RP could take place. Maybe his character fainted due to the fright of having weapons pointed at him and bullets flying around? We will never know because when you killed him you destroyed every opportunity there was to progress with roleplay. Had the report not been closed by the OP, you would most likely have been punished for an invalid kill.

With the above stated,

/Closed.

Signed by @Conor & @Aiko