Jump to content
Server time (UTC): 2020-01-20, 13:31 WE ARE RECRUITING
Sign in to follow this  
Grayfox

S1-Gear RP / Metagaming - Sevenograd

Recommended Posts

Server and location: s1

Approximate time and date of the incident (SERVER TIME):   01/12/2019

Your in game name:  Mokhtar Kafteji

Names of allies involved:  N/A

Name of suspect/s: Hit logs will show

Friendly/Enemy vehicles involved (if any): N/A

Additional evidence? (video/screenshot): None

Detailed description of the events:  My character's brother was freezing, I was searching for an Axe or something to cut some woods to be able to make a fire for him.. I've been searching for almost an hour until my feet lead me to the military checkpoint right before Sevenograd, I shot some infected which attracted three individuals who claimed they just met each other, We exchanged items and one of them offered help finding an Axe with me, another one left and the last one just went to Sevengrad but not with us ( they act like they are not affiliated ). right before we reached the fire station the guy with me crashed. So i protected him until he disappeared and then went to the fire station to save time as my character was in hurry searching for an axe in which i made it clear to all of them.

didn't took him 2 minutes to come back and right then i found an Axe, so he kept silent for couple of seconds while the other one is approching, that's when i suspected Metagaming , so as soon as ii backed off the guy who approached just said " put your hands up ", that's when i started shooting and i was killed.

Gear RP: they ignored the fact that my brother is freezing and he needs immediate help

Metagaming: They were using discord or something as i noticed the silence before the initiation. 

 

Share this post


Link to post

Connection Logs

12:45:29 | Player "Mokhtar Kafteji" is connected
-Died-

14:14:42 | Player "Luke Runningham" is connected
14:48:57 | Player "Luke Runningham" has been disconnected
14:49:59 | Player "Luke Runningham" is connected
16:17:22 | Player "Luke Runningham" has been disconnected

14:14:38 | Player "Owen Redfield" is connected
16:16:43 | Player "Owen Redfield" has been disconnected

Hit Logs

14:53:13 | Player "Mokhtar Kafteji" hit by Player "Luke Runningham" with AKM from 1.63395 meters 
14:53:13 | Player "Mokhtar Kafteji" hit by Player "Luke Runningham" with AKM from 1.82637 meters 
14:53:13 | Player "Mokhtar Kafteji" hit by Player "Luke Runningham" with AKM from 2.40996 meters 
14:53:13 | Player "Mokhtar Kafteji" hit by Player "Luke Runningham" with AKM from 2.65396 meters 
14:53:13 | Player "Mokhtar Kafteji" hit by Player "Luke Runningham" with AKM from 2.65396 meters 
14:53:13 | Player "Mokhtar Kafteji" hit by Player "Luke Runningham" with AKM from 2.92817 meters 
14:53:13 | Player "Mokhtar Kafteji" hit by Player "Luke Runningham" with AKM from 3.25672 meters 
14:53:13 | Player "Mokhtar Kafteji" hit by Player "Luke Runningham" with AKM from 3.40045 meters 
14:53:13 | Player "Mokhtar Kafteji" hit by Player "Luke Runningham" with AKM from 3.40045 meters 

Kill Logs

14:53:13 | Player "Mokhtar Kafteji" (DEAD) killed by Player "Luke Runningham"with AKM from 2.92817 meters 

Position Logs

14:54:16 | Player "Mokhtar Kafteji" (DEAD) (pos=<7656.6, 12643.8, 119.4>)
14:59:16 | Player "Owen Redfield" (pos=<7656.2, 12643.4, 119.4>)
14:59:16 | Player "Luke Runningham" (pos=<7657.3, 12642.7, 119.4>)

______________________________________________

Calling in the following to post their detailed POVs and any evidence they have.

Mokhtar Kafteji - @Grayfox OP
Owen Redfield - @Red_ Posted
Luke Runningham - @tossVC Posted

Share this post


Link to post

POV: me and my associate were traveling along the road with a solid split between the two of us, whispering over radio discussing a plan as i approached the op. 

I walked with him towards the fire station after hearing his story before my game crashes. I reconnect right away and meet him at the fire station, i pull my gun out and approach before my associate and myself initiate and the op aims his gun at me before I kill him.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, tossVC said:

POV: me and my associate were traveling along the road with a solid split between the two of us, whispering over radio discussing a plan as i approached the op. 

I walked with him towards the fire station after hearing his story before my game crashes. I reconnect right away and meet him at the fire station, i pull my gun out and approach before my associate and myself initiate and the op aims his gun at me before I kill him.

 

 

I fail to understand how could someone spots someone far away and starts making a plan to rob him before even talking to him? 

still, you didn't pull out  a gun at me when your associate initiated. your associate walked by and you were just looking towards the floor seconds before the initiation which made me realise i'm about to get robbed,  isn't that right?

Share this post


Link to post

POV:

I was running down the road well ahead of my friend and the op setting up in severograd and acting like we don't know each other, so i'm watching the two run around the fire station looting and talking, i see the op take a fire axe into his hand so i mark him vulnerable so I take my chance and run up and initiate after whispering to my friend over the radio that I'm coming now and I initiate on the op and so does my friend and then the op  doesn't decide to comply and shoots back and dies

Share this post


Link to post
14 hours ago, Red_ said:

POV:

I was running down the road well ahead of my friend and the op setting up in severograd and acting like we don't know each other, so i'm watching the two run around the fire station looting and talking, i see the op take a fire axe into his hand so i mark him vulnerable so I take my chance and run up and initiate after whispering to my friend over the radio that I'm coming now and I initiate on the op and so does my friend and then the op  doesn't decide to comply and shoots back and dies

It's weird How we don't hear your 'whisper' to your friend that you're coming.. also only Owen initiated on me.

 

Share this post


Link to post
14 hours ago, Grayfox said:

I fail to understand how could someone spots someone far away and starts making a plan to rob him before even talking to him? 

still, you didn't pull out  a gun at me when your associate initiated. your associate walked by and you were just looking towards the floor seconds before the initiation which made me realise i'm about to get robbed,  isn't that right?

we saw you on the road and I just said “I’m going to follow this guy stay close to me and we will rob him” 

 

as I was saying my initiation with my associate which bugged out on your end you aimed your gun at me and tried to shoot which is why you died

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, tossVC said:

we saw you on the road and I just said “I’m going to follow this guy stay close to me and we will rob him” 

 

as I was saying my initiation with my associate which bugged out on your end you aimed your gun at me and tried to shoot which is why you died

This is not about how i died, this is about the rule breaking and still didn't admit to it, the video shows enough. 

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, Grayfox said:

It's weird How we don't hear your 'whisper' to your friend that you're coming.. also only Owen initiated on me.

 

It's not weird at all how you don't hear me whisper as I'm literally whispering on the other side of the road, behind a wall saying that, I did that knowing there'd be no way of you being able to hear me as that's the whole point of the different volume levels. 

As for saying @tossVC didn't initiate, I definitely heard him do so when I ran up and initiated on you so I'm not sure what happened there. There would be no other reason for you to aim at him after the fact. In the video you can literally see as soon as I initiate on you, you instantly aim at @tossVC first and shoot him first before he even aims or shoots. As I said, in game yesterday I heard @tossVC initiate. I don't see how it's not showing up in the video or you're claiming that when your instant reflex was to try and kill him first. As you doing that would be attempted invalid kill if you didn't hear anything.

Additionally, I don't know why you didn't just comply, you obviously clocked on that something was going to happen as stated in your report, the situation could've enticed a hell of a lot more roleplay, but you decided to try and be a hero and win a fight when it's a 1v2 as well yourself being clearly out manned in the situation. Seems like you're not really valuing your life or your 'freezing to death brother' life right there.

To address your meta gaming claim which is just outright false, there's was none that took place. @tossVC was engaged in conversation with you to distract you in the entire situation of helping you find an axe. I'm a distance away where I know there was completely no chance you could hear me talking using the lowest sound level. That's when I double mic'd over the radio that I'm coming now like previously stated. I'm not sure what happened with your sound but I don't think @tossVCshould've been silent there. From the talking from him randomly cutting out and his initiation not being heard. Bit strange from your end.

🤷‍♂️

Share this post


Link to post
40 minutes ago, Red_ said:

It's not weird at all how you don't hear me whisper as I'm literally whispering on the other side of the road, behind a wall saying that, I did that knowing there'd be no way of you being able to hear me as that's the whole point of the different volume levels. 

As for saying @tossVC didn't initiate, I definitely heard him do so when I ran up and initiated on you so I'm not sure what happened there. There would be no other reason for you to aim at him after the fact. In the video you can literally see as soon as I initiate on you, you instantly aim at @tossVC first and shoot him first before he even aims or shoots. As I said, in game yesterday I heard @tossVC initiate. I don't see how it's not showing up in the video or you're claiming that when your instant reflex was to try and kill him first. As you doing that would be attempted invalid kill if you didn't hear anything.

Additionally, I don't know why you didn't just comply, you obviously clocked on that something was going to happen as stated in your report, the situation could've enticed a hell of a lot more roleplay, but you decided to try and be a hero and win a fight when it's a 1v2 as well yourself being clearly out manned in the situation. Seems like you're not really valuing your life or your 'freezing to death brother' life right there.

To address your meta gaming claim which is just outright false, there's was none that took place. @tossVC was engaged in conversation with you to distract you in the entire situation of helping you find an axe. I'm a distance away where I know there was completely no chance you could hear me talking using the lowest sound level. That's when I double mic'd over the radio that I'm coming now like previously stated. I'm not sure what happened with your sound but I don't think @tossVCshould've been silent there. From the talking from him randomly cutting out and his initiation not being heard. Bit strange from your end.

🤷‍♂️

The guy never initiated on me, you lied about that and now since i showed video evidence you're just trying to stand by that lie.. The clip is raw and beyond any doubt he did not initiate unless it has to do with this sound level thing you're bringing to the table 😂

As you can see from the video i was seeing this coming that's why i left the shack a second before you initiated on me in addition to the fact that  your associate was strangely silent just like he's hearing stuff on discord and it doesn't take too much IQ to figure out what's going on, but i kept on with the axe search because i couldn't see a reason that makes you try to rob a person in an emergency except for the fact that you're just Gear RP'ing. 

 

You claim that you decided to rob me before you even meet me and the fact that my brother is freezing didn't stop your gear rp so..

As an attacker you may NOT:

Attack other players just for the sake of gear by doing a quick robbery that involves little to no role play.

Also rule 3.6 for metagaming 

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, Grayfox said:

The guy never initiated on me, you lied about that and now since i showed video evidence you're just trying to stand by that lie.. The clip is raw and beyond any doubt he did not initiate unless it has to do with this sound level thing you're bringing to the table 😂

As you can see from the video i was seeing this coming that's why i left the shack a second before you initiated on me in addition to the fact that  your associate was strangely silent just like he's hearing stuff on discord and it doesn't take too much IQ to figure out what's going on, but i kept on with the axe search because i couldn't see a reason that makes you try to rob a person in an emergency except for the fact that you're just Gear RP'ing. 

 

You claim that you decided to rob me before you even meet me and the fact that my brother is freezing didn't stop your gear rp so..

As an attacker you may NOT:

Attack other players just for the sake of gear by doing a quick robbery that involves little to no role play.

Also rule 3.6 for metagaming 

We weren't gear RPing, and I'm not lying. I'm literally stating my side of the story which is what I'm meant to do in a report. You can keep chatting about your video but you obviously heard something that wasn't recorded because you turned and shot him first, which as I said without his initiation if what you're saying is true and didn't hear it you'd be attempting invalid kill. 

To address your constant plead against us for GearRP, which also isn't true. You were engaged in roleplay for a while up and into severograd, constantly in conversation from the end of ratnoe up until the very last point on where you were initiated on. The roleplay would've continued and would've been a hell of a lot better if you just complied, but again you didn't value anything and just decided to try and  win a 2v1. Your decision right there haltered the possible RP that could've occurred and would've in fact happened. @tossVC Talking to you and learnt your whole story, but calling us out for GearRP because we decided to rob you just because your brother is freezing is just outright wrong. You said you had to been out hours looking for an axe, and as seen in the video @tossVC literally led you to one and helped you find one pretty quickly in comparison to your search for one. So there was actually quite a lot of roleplay involved but you don't seem to be mentioning that at all, so I'm not sure what you want me to say. To summarise it you could've just complied and enhanced the roleplay that could've been immensely and still got back to your brother with an axe to help save his life and save your own life. But it seems you didn't have a care in the world for your own life or your brothers at the point of the initiation as you just tried to win the fight instead of complying and RPing it out. 

And I'm not sure why you're mentioning the meta gaming rule again, as it's clear we didn't meta game and I already addressed that point in my second reply and I'm not going to do it again, I'm not sure what you want me to say again. 

The sound level 'thing' is very much a thing, press the up and down keys next time you're in game and you might learn a thing or two about DayZ and how it works with the voice volumes, could help you out in scenarios or if you're trying to act similar ones out like these yourself.

And again, I'm not lying. I heard what I heard and @tossVC Initiated. No reason for you to instantly lock to him and open fire first and attempt to kill him if you didn't hear anything, you continuously call us out for lying but your reaction seems the opposite of what you're stating.

I'm going to work and I'm not going to go back and forth with you more, I'm happy enough and know what happened to let the staff handle it and I'm sure their verdict will be right. 

Share this post


Link to post
21 hours ago, Red_ said:

We weren't gear RPing, and I'm not lying. I'm literally stating my side of the story which is what I'm meant to do in a report. You can keep chatting about your video but you obviously heard something that wasn't recorded because you turned and shot him first, which as I said without his initiation if what you're saying is true and didn't hear it you'd be attempting invalid kill. 

To address your constant plead against us for GearRP, which also isn't true. You were engaged in roleplay for a while up and into severograd, constantly in conversation from the end of ratnoe up until the very last point on where you were initiated on. The roleplay would've continued and would've been a hell of a lot better if you just complied, but again you didn't value anything and just decided to try and  win a 2v1. Your decision right there haltered the possible RP that could've occurred and would've in fact happened. @tossVC Talking to you and learnt your whole story, but calling us out for GearRP because we decided to rob you just because your brother is freezing is just outright wrong. You said you had to been out hours looking for an axe, and as seen in the video @tossVC literally led you to one and helped you find one pretty quickly in comparison to your search for one. So there was actually quite a lot of roleplay involved but you don't seem to be mentioning that at all, so I'm not sure what you want me to say. To summarise it you could've just complied and enhanced the roleplay that could've been immensely and still got back to your brother with an axe to help save his life and save your own life. But it seems you didn't have a care in the world for your own life or your brothers at the point of the initiation as you just tried to win the fight instead of complying and RPing it out. 

And I'm not sure why you're mentioning the meta gaming rule again, as it's clear we didn't meta game and I already addressed that point in my second reply and I'm not going to do it again, I'm not sure what you want me to say again. 

The sound level 'thing' is very much a thing, press the up and down keys next time you're in game and you might learn a thing or two about DayZ and how it works with the voice volumes, could help you out in scenarios or if you're trying to act similar ones out like these yourself.

And again, I'm not lying. I heard what I heard and @tossVC Initiated. No reason for you to instantly lock to him and open fire first and attempt to kill him if you didn't hear anything, you continuously call us out for lying but your reaction seems the opposite of what you're stating.

I'm going to work and I'm not going to go back and forth with you more, I'm happy enough and know what happened to let the staff handle it and I'm sure their verdict will be right. 

You're trying to dodge your metagaming by saying that you have made a plan to rob me before saying hi to me, which is pretty much Gear RP espacially when the fact that my brother is freezing near by doesn't stop your hunger for the gear. 

And please don't talk about the quality of the roleplay because initiating on me the moment i found an axe is pretty disgraceful to me, you choose to use guns when it was totally unnecessary if you claim you're not gear rp'ing, maybe you should have waited for us to go back to my brother but you couldn't care less i guess.

So my character saw this coming as i said previously and the last thing he wants is  getting held by two heartless pricks under those circumstances, i made the shack as a protection from the initiator and i fired at you and its crazy how eight bullets didn't kill you while 1 bullet from your side killed me,  a headshot i guess ( i'm saying this as a respond to your reverse attempt) 

The fact that you're happy enough makes it clear at least to me. 

 

Share this post


Link to post

Verdict

Metagaming - @tossVC & @Red_ - Inconclusive

BadRP (GearRP) - @tossVC & @Red_ - Not Guilty

 

Reasoning

The Metagaming

The staff team sees no evidence of metagaming on the behalf of @tossVC or @Red_. Silence before an initiation doesn't mean metagaming, and the explanation that @Red_ was whispering into his radio prior to moving up to initiate is quite plausible, as current whisper ranges are very short. Without any evidence to support the claim of metagaming this is found to be inconclusive.

@Grayfox - It is worth noting that at two points in your video, including after you died, you speak in another language and communicate once without speaking in game, and once after you have died. This could be seen as metagaming if you were relaying in game information to someone else. 

 

The 'Gear RP'

GearRP falls under BadRP. In order for this to have been BadRP, @Grayfox would have needed to have stayed compliant and allowed the roleplay to progress to a point where this determination could even be made. Initiating on someone in no way implies that someone is going to rob you of all your possessions, it is the beginning of a hostile encounter. Due to this situation being terminated at the very onset of the hostile situation, there is simply no BadRP to be found here.

 

Suggestions

Always communicate by double mic'ing both in game and on your private communications platforms when in the presence of other players. When you are not sure in a situation if something is appropriate or not we always encourage players to get together in the helpdesk and talk things out with a staff member mediating. 

 

Outcome

Metagaming - @tossVC & @Red_ - Inconclusive

BadRP (GearRP) - @tossVC & @Red_ - Not Guilty

 

Signed: @Rover, @Hofer, @Scarlett

Share this post


Link to post
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...