Server time (UTC): 2020-01-26, 16:08 WE ARE RECRUITING
Sign in to follow this  
Roland

DayZRP 19.12.1

12 minutes ago, Theyss said:

-snip-

I also noticed that the Zs are very hard to kill by shooting. I fear however, that this is the only current way to make them a threat, until they can break doors/climb windows. 

It takes 2 9x19 shots to the Head to kill a Z now, 5-6 to the body.

Usually 1, but I've seen 2 Cheytac rounds (I think I hit the arm with the first) to the body to kill a Z.

Takes 2 .338 rounds to the body for a Z kill.

Takes 2-3 5.56 and 2-3 7.62x39 to the body.

It also takes 1-2 buckshots depending, obviously on range, and 1-2 slugs with a Savage Stevens long barrel.

Also about 10-15-20 slices with the knife. Very situational, and 10-15 with a Machete of Death.

That's all I've tried till now.

The regular splitting axe still seems to kill the infected rather fast,

4 hours ago, Uhka said:

I myself enjoy the added toughness of survival. If there is a heavy rain, it should be the best to stay inside, it makes sense. 

However, some clothing warmth values seem to be off, as if you are sitting inside a house during a late summer rainstorm, you should not get cold while having a jacket on. If the jacket is wet, then ofc. you should get hypothermia fairly fast. 

While I was playing my temperature never dropped to dark blue (where you start loosing health) as long as I stayed inside during the heavy rain and kept moving when ever it was dropping. I had the hoodie and the jeans on. After switching to a peacoat I was getting colder for some reason though. 

To sum up, I'd like for the harsh survival aspects to stay, but maybe check that the clothings warmth parameters are consistent thoroughly.

While the survival aspect, I can agree, is more fun, it shouldn't come at the cost of RP. He died in RP twice because of the cold, and gained nothing from it. Even further with how the loot economy is right now, he couldn't find any loot to keep himself alive to stay in RP, which shouldn't be the case. I feel like a persistence wipe could help with this but Im pretty sure that would wipe bases, and we all know how that conversation goes. 

Just played some Livonia last night and I have to say the zombie damage increase is REALLY not needed on that map. The zombie density is extremely high compared to Chernarus and there's simply no way to loot some places unless you have an M249. Me and my two friends got stuck in a prison with a hoard of easily 30 zombies. Normally, no big deal, we have a Skorpion, Glock, and Izh rifle. Except it takes FIVE headshots with the skorpion to down one zed, two glock shots, and atleast two izh shots. That is just plain and utter ridiculous with the amount of the zombies on Livonia. Please consider altering the damage and health values down, atleast on Livonia. Currently between the rain and the T-1000 super zombies its a bit harder than hard mode

Changelog 04-12-2019

New additions!

- Added LDF Tactical Helmet
- Added LDF Plate Carrier
- Added LDF Jacket
- Added LDF Pants

Tweaks:
- Removed Chernarussian items from spawning on Livonia and vice-versa (Can still be spawned in via itemshop.)
Spoiler

20191204141039_1.jpg

Rolle asked me to post on here since this is currently live.

2 hours ago, JasonBR said:

-snip - 

Of course I don't know the situation, but maybe the rp should shift from, hi, what's up, to fuck, we are in fucking big trouble right now, let's get to warmth together and plan how we are going to survive it. 

At least usually in the past most everyday rp of two persons meeting is pretty boring, as there is usually no threat. Now that threat comes from the environment. 

But as said I don't know how that situation was in that case. What I want to say, is that we have to adapt to the harsh environment with both how we play and how we rp. 

10 minutes ago, Uhka said:

Of course I don't know the situation, but maybe the rp should shift from, hi, what's up, to fuck, we are in fucking big trouble right now, let's get to warmth together and plan how we are going to survive it. 

At least usually in the past most everyday rp of two persons meeting is pretty boring, as there is usually no threat. Now that threat comes from the environment. 

But as said I don't know how that situation was in that case. What I want to say, is that we have to adapt to the harsh environment with both how we play and how we rp. 

I agree that's how the RP should shift, but with how long it can take to get RP,  sometimes you freeze to death as soon as you find someone (This is what happened to @Exio)

Zombie strength is too much. No matter if someone doesn't feel pain, no humanoid figure outside Goliath could take;

2 x 5.56x39mm bullets from AK-74 to the head 

3 x .45 calibre bullets from FNX-45 to the head

~10-15 hits from a combat knife 

2 x 7.62x39mm bullets from a Mosin

I'm not saying make it the way it was. Just not what it is now. All the examples I used are my own experiences.

Edited by CynicalCertainty

7 minutes ago, CynicalCertainty said:

Zombie strength is too much. No matter if someone doesn't feel pain, no humanoid figure outside Goliath could take;

2 x 5.56x39mm bullets from AK-74 to the head 

3 x .45 calibre bullets from FNX-45 to the head

~10-15 hits from a combat knife 

2 x 7.62x39mm bullets from a Mosin

I'm not saying make it the way it was. Just not what it is now. All the examples I used are my own experiences.

Is this on Livonia or Chernarus?

It takes two .22 caliber shots on Chernarus to kill them, but only a single 7.62 from my testing. 

Six hits from a sword too.

It was on Chernarus.

11 minutes ago, CynicalCertainty said:

It was on Chernarus.

Yeah fnx definitely takes 3 headshots to kill and I suggest using a winchester as its a 1hit headshot to infected atm

28 minutes ago, General Hrurik said:

for how long will the winter mod be here?

Probably some time until after new years. IIRC we had it running until the start of February last year, maybe a little longer.

2 minutes ago, Ducky said:

Probably some time until after new years. IIRC we had it running until the start of February last year, maybe a little longer.

Personally I love the almost dynamic map changes based on the season, although many have perished in the snowy depths I feel like it adds a genuine challenge to the game depending on what time of year you play which is unique to this game.